Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Slimming World at home??..

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Pink Mummy, 13 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Pink Mummy

Pink Mummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(10.07%)
    Diet:
    This and that! :o/
    Hello

I have been on SW for a couple of weeks now.. My hubby is also doing it with me. I am thinking about not going to group but carrying on with it from home..

Just wondered if anyone else did this??

Just trying to budget a bit more too and I can't stay at group every week so to pay £4.95 to get weighed seems expensive when I could do it at home, or is it better (more motivation) going to a group?? Ahhhh!! What to do!!??!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JackieN

JackieN One day at a time, one step at a time

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    I do SW from home. I find minimins good support and lots of people in the same boat.

I don't have a class round here at a suitable time or have the money so I am determined to give it a go on my own

4. Potatogirl

Potatogirl Doesn't like to wobble!!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya mummy.

I do it from home and agree that a fiver a week to get weighed is way excessive. This sight has been my total saviour though - there is always someone who knows..which I love as I was totally green when I started and have learned so much.

Good luck!

5. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i am trying... and failing... to do it at home. I'm so fed up and just cant do it! I cant afford to go to class and its also not at a suitable time. I'm sure you will have much better luck than me, I'm destined to be fat forever :(

6. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Diet:
    SW (at home)
    I think you will be fine - you have each other and here.

I tried to do SW 'on my own' last year but failed even though I managed to do WW on my own. I think that was because it was a new diet to me. I think I would be fine now going it alone but I'm just not risking it. I have decided to commit to going to class until the end of August at least even though it does seem like a waste of time and money sometimes. I will have to change class from a morning to an evening class in September though, so that may be the point where I give 'going it alone' a go!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.