Extra Easy Slimming World attempt: Episode II!

NLPoynton

Hi everyone!

:sign0144:

This is my 2nd attempt at doing SW - the first time, I lost almost 3st in just over 6 months. I was so proud of myself! Unfortunately, life got in the way (as it does) and I had to quit. Biggest mistake I could've made!
3 and a half years later, I'm back on the plan, starting again and I KEPT THE WEIGHT OFF THAT I HAD LOST BEFORE! :D I couldn't believe it! I was sure that I had put all that weight back on and more! I was sooooooo shocked and happy!
So now I'm back on it and I'm ready to take it seriously and be committed to getting to my target weight.
I have set myself a target of 2 years to get myself to my ideal weight. I know that it's not going to happen overnight, in a week, month or a year. I have a hell of a lot to lose and I want to be sure that I do it right to be confident that I will never be this weight again.
I started my journey just after New Year this year - 02/01/2013. It was my one resolution for the year.
Stepping through those doors again was scary. I went alone and just got on with it. I've recommitted to myself and the plan.
As of this week, I've already lost 8lbs and feeling the difference. Obviously, I have my half stone award and I have also completed Bronze level Body Magic. I'm a firm believer in exercising and getting fit to help lose the weight a little quicker. I love to walk and have taken up jogging (albeit slow and as part of a routine, I walk to a jog and then try and speed it up before slowing down to a walk and then starting again). I also like to do Rosemary Conley's Ultimate Body Workout and am in the process of trying out different other ones so I can find ones I like to give me a bit of variety.
So that's a bit about me a my journey. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you in the weeks and months ahead :)

Nicola x
:bunnydance:

Oooh well done on maintaining!!! Amazing :) Make sure you have a good read through your syns and stuff as some of it has changed - I use the website a lot to double check as things change!!

8lbs already - you will be flying through the awards before you know it, well done for getting back through the doors, I imagine it must have been scary doing it for the second time. I have never tried a formal diet, or diet club before, and I am hoping I won't have to again! SW was everything I thought it wouldn't be and more :)

I'm so determined and optimistic about it all. I've been through the book from cover to cover. Most of it has stayed the same. Although there is alot more emphasis on EE. I was completely green the first time. I turned vegetarian for it. I loved it. I couldn't get my head around EE at all.
Now I don't really have much of a choice because everyone else is a meat eater and it'd make things more difficult to have to cook 2/3 separate meals a night. I will have my green days on occasion but not all the time.
I'm having real issue with exercise and water retention at the moment. I was flying until this week just gone, I had lost 9.5lbs but put on 1.5lbs due to that. I'm stumped as to how to deal with that but other than that I'm all great :)

How are you getting on with SW?

N x

Back