slimming world combined with the 5:2 plan

xjenna90x

Was wondering if anyone is doing slimming world along with the 5:2 fasting diet?? Was wondering how you combine the two together? X

Thankyou :)

I've just read the whole Michael Mosely book today (in the sun in the barden - bliss!). It was so interesting and I'll be doing it on a Monday and a Thursday with sw the other 5 days

I'm gonna give it a go too....nothing wrong with a bit of experimenting :p

Would your body get a bit confused?? There seem to be loads of people following that 5:2 diet at work, and they are VERY grumpy on the "2" days!! ;)

5 days of eating normally but healthily, then 2 days of eating something like a maximum of 500 cals?? Have only seen it on a documentary on telly...

5 days of eating normally but healthily, then 2 days of eating something like a maximum of 500 cals?? Have only seen it on a documentary on telly...

500 calories :/ I would starve xxx

500 calories :/ I would starve xxx

Likewise! I've been tempted to try it just for one day to see how I get on and just how grumpy I get haha!

Likewise! I've been tempted to try it just for one day to see how I get on and just how grumpy I get haha!

Ha I'm grumpy enough not having biscuits and chocolate... I daren't try this I'd be like Jekyll and Hyde lol xx

Ha I'm grumpy enough not having biscuits and chocolate... I daren't try this I'd be like Jekyll and Hyde lol xx

Haha snap! Or I'd do my usual trick and faint from low blood sugar! :D

Haha snap! Or I'd do my usual trick and faint from low blood sugar! :D

Ooh dear. Stick to just SW where we can eat loads everyday and still lose :)! Xxx

Ooh dear. Stick to just SW where we can eat loads everyday and still lose :)! Xxx

Absolutely - if it ain't broke, don't fix it :D x

I did it for a few weeks and weighed daily so that I could keep a handle on what was going on. I found that I'd lose weight, sometimes up to 3lb, on the fast days but then after two days of eating normally it would go back on. I'm convinced all it does it it the body into starvation mode and interferes with the gradual, sensible loss of SW. Over three weeks of doing it I only lost 2lb, less than my usual loss in that time.
Liz
X

I did it for a few weeks and weighed daily so that I could keep a handle on what was going on. I found that I'd lose weight, sometimes up to 3lb, on the fast days but then after two days of eating normally it would go back on. I'm convinced all it does it it the body into starvation mode and interferes with the gradual, sensible loss of SW. Over three weeks of doing it I only lost 2lb, less than my usual loss in that time.
Liz
X

Did you find that day after ur fast you are bigger portions cos u were so hungry.

That would be my worry if I ever did this. Don't think I'll be jumping on this diet I a hurry.

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

I work with a man who is not only a vegetarian but absolutely raves about fasting. He doesn't follow the 5:2 plan, he normally does a 3 day fast. He likes this to be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He says not to have a heavy meal leading up to the fast and he says once he's done it he feels great! Not only that he likes to attempt a week's fasting every now and then for good measure..........
There isn't an ounce of fat on him, but I think this is down to his vegetarianism and he likes juicing with wheatgrass etc.
If it works for you then I think that's great, but personally as a migraine sufferer, missing meals is a trigger for me and so the fasting is not something I would want to attempt. I am very happy with SW.

Last edited:
I wasnt convinced until I read the book and am going to try it more for health benefits (who am I kidding?!!!). Your body wont go into startvation mode by fasting for less than a day

I promise if it doesnt work I'll let you know

Back