Slimming World DIYer- hello!!

Lemmers83

Hello all!!
Well, today is my first day on SW (although I can't afford membership, so I'm attempting from home using a lot of internet research, and asking friends who are existing members!).

I recently chucked out my ancient scales, so will be visiting town to get a new set today. Last time I weighed myself, I was 13st.

Planning my food diary to keep track- wish me luck!!! X

Hi!
I started last week and am doing the same thing.
Can't commit to a group unfortunately and online membership is very expensive.
good luck!!!!

Ooh good luck to you, too!! Starting weight is 13st 3lb (or 185lb). No real idea of a weight goal- just to reduce the muffin top which is rapidly growing!!

Hi! ahh this is just the thread i've been looking for. I have been trying to get back to a group recently, but I work shifts and there's no one group I can commit to for even the next three weeks..so, i'm gonna get my old book out and see if I can start doing it myself! I imagine lots has changed though? Be great to have some people to put a little pressure on for 'weigh' day!

Hi all, I'm in the same situation - can't afford to actually join so am DIYing! The internet is a wonderful thing and every time I Googled "syn value of...." this site came up first so here I am!

@serialslimmer7 thanks!

I started gently trying to get back on plan last week, although I wasn't overly strict (must work on that) and I weighed on Monday morning there, 5lb less than i was last time I stepped on there..it was Wednesday I think when that scary 16st reading flashed up.

5lb for a week where I wasn't trying my hardest is such good motivation!

I've ordered some meal prep containers & a good, 'no rubbish' shopping list is being created as we speak..i'm hoping this determination sticks around longer than my extra pounds.

How's everyone getting on so far?

and! After finishing work at 3am, it was raining (goodbye summer, you were nice for the two days you lasted) so instead of walking home, i ended up at the gym! i haven't been in a while and although i felt like i was on the verge of death a few times..it was great to get back.

i've had a bowl of special K granola since i got home, must investigate the syns in it.

5lb for a week where you're not really sticking to plan is amazing! And well done for going to the gym, getting there is half the battle! I fell down the stairs a month ago and sprained my ankle really quite badly so I haven't been able to go and I actually miss it! But i'm finding sticking to plan so hard - I work in an office and every day I bring in my fruit and mug shots and salad and muller lights and the rest of them bring in chocolate and biscuits and cakes :-( And then the weekends are a struggle cuz there's less of a routine and I end up having takeaway or ice cream last weekend from the ice cream man cuz it was sunny. Every day I say it's ok that I went over my syns today because I won't have any tomorrow and then it never happens. Today they've got cakes, chocolate digestives and Bountys in the office :(

I got to my target of nearly 7 stone in 2012 and have maintained for over 3 years I've moved house and started a new job turned 30 and I've put on 16lb I m doing something before I put more weight on. I'm doing the scanbran challenge at the moment on my fourth day tomorrow. I've made carrot cake with it and toffee cake with Nutella and I'm making an vanilla cake is in the oven.

Back