Slimming World - Loving it!!

Stick to Original/Red days to begin with, unlimited meat & fish, to let your body adjust to food without being loaded up with carbs. You will be fine.

Hi.

Thanks for that, didn't give that a thought, as even though I've not been SSing, I haven't had much in the way of carbs, just the odd slice of granary bread or some new pots now and again.

Have tried to get a ticker thingy, but don't know if I have succeeded!

haha well done eclipse!! so you only have 11lbs to lose - that's v similar to me!! I'll be following your progress closely as i did get to goal in may but have put a few pounds on. Didn't deal very well with eating so i'm now on 3 LL packs a day plus a meat and veg meal at night!

Todays menu;
Shredded wheat, semi skimmed milk, strawberries.
Wholemeal sandwich with salad and cheese (just a sprinkling)
Stirfried beansprouts, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes with shredded pork and soy sauce.
2 figs, a banana, a bunch of grapes.:)

Out to dinner yet again tomorrow for my boy's birthday, should be the last one for a while hopefully. Even though i know i choose sensibly when i go out i still sometimes feel naughty afterwards and feeling like ive cheated would usually set me off for the week or longer:eek: Ive coped well so far this month but know the munchie time is on its way so will have to be doubly careful. Im just thankful he doesnt want to go for chinese, i can get round all other menus but not that.

Thanks DQ, of course theres hope after cd, we have to use whatever means necessary to get our weight down then find a plan we can live wih for life. Whether its food optimising, pauls principals, gi or whatever we'll find our way. Then we can hit the shops.

Boy that was hard! Just back from my sons birthday meal out, really good food and it would have been so easy to over indulge but i managed to control myself. So todays menu has been;
Porridge made with semi skimmed milk and a chopped banana.
Large salad with low fat feta cheese.
Apple.
Crab and prawns served with mixed leaves. (I gave the warm crusty bread this was served with away)
Grilled sea bass, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and just 1 boiled new potato.
Had to seriously talk myself out of the desert menu, nothing even remotely non fattening but had a coffee instead.
Drank fizzy water and feel very virtuous.
Its been a lovely night made even better by feeling totally in control.:)

Happe,

I am so proud of you, you got through a big even like your son's birthday and made very good choices for yourself.

Well done!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini:) Im pretty proud myself!
Struggling now though, totm started this morning and im craving carbs, why is it always carbs? anyone know a scientific reason? :confused:
Ive spent the day in school washing cars with my pupils as part of our fundraising efforts, i ache everywhere, feel like an old woman, im filthy dirty and wet and im sitting here at the computer cos im not sure ive got the energy left to go home. Too much housework to do there as well as shopping and taking son to karate. Just hope hubby is out tonight so i dont have to make conversation too.:rolleyes:

Well, well, well! Its certainly been busy on here while ive been away!
Glad to see everyone's doing ok. And Welcome Eclipse296! Hope your SW journey will be a happy one. xx
Well, tonight will be the moment of truth.....will i have only put on a few pounds on holiday, or will the scales groan under my newly found wobbly bits? To be honest, i really dont know. So far ive resisted stepping on the scales since i got back from Turkey on Saturday. Anyway, even if i put on the 8.5 lbs i have lost at SW i will not be down heartened. I have had a fabulous holiday...I will hold my head up high, be thankful that i have already lost 4 st this year and crack on with it! At least i am only putting on some of what ive already lost...and not extra to my starting weight...if you know what i mean!
And so, its noses to the grindstone both at work and at home....

boo hoo.

Last edited:
Well, well, well! Its certainly been busy on here while ive been away!
Glad to see everyone's doing ok. And Welcome Eclipse296! Hope your SW journey will be a happy one. xx
Well, tonight will be the moment of truth.....will i have only put on a few pounds on holiday, or will the scales groan under my newly found wobbly bits? To be honest, i really dont know. So far ive resisted stepping on the scales since i got back from Turkey on Saturday. Anyway, even if i put on the 8.5 lbs i have lost at SW i will not be down heartened. I have had a fabulous holiday...I will hold my head up high, be thankful that i have already lost 4 st this year and crack on with it! At least i am only putting on some of what ive already lost...and not extra to my starting weight...if you know what i mean!
And so, its noses to the grindstone both at work and at home....

boo frickety hoo.

Welcome back!!! hope you had a fab holiday...

what a great attitute you have re: you would be only putting back on what you lost rather than extra... i think thats brill!!! wishing you the best for your weigh in later

Gen xx

cheers ears! ill let you know how it goes tomorrow xx

I love it too!!
Dug out one of their cookbooks last night and will be experimenting this weekend. Some lovely sounding stuff in "the flavours of the world".
You are doing very well and it wont be long now till you are in maintenance, this way of eating and GI i expect will be a very healthy way for you to go. Good luck.

Hey Keelie your'e back:) Sounds like you had a great time and that you are ready to return to our fold here on minimins.
Good luck with the weighin , it wont be as bad as you may imagine and so what if it is, it'll come off again in days. Welcome home.:)

I put on 5 lbs! not too bad for three weeks of indulgence!!

Back