Slimming World/Low Cal/Fat recipes

Wishbird007

Gold Member
Hi
Am setting this thread up for Slimming World n low fat, low cal recipes, please feel free to share any, I shall putting some on later, got quite a few x

SW - Spinach & Ricotta Pasta

Serves 4. Ready in 25 minutes

Fry light
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
397g spinach, chopped
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
340g ricotta cheese
1/4 pt veg stock
Salt n pepper
Dried cooked pasta to serve

Spray a pan with Fry Light. Add the onion, garlic and spinach and stir fry for 8-10 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
Add the nutmeg, ricotta cheese and stock. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and season well, serve mixed into cooked pasta.

I added mushrooms in too which made in tastier, I also only had 250g if ricotta n it was still nice.
Enjoy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mustard-stuffed chicken

Serves 4. Prep 10 mins. Cook 20 mins
367 cals

125g ball mozzarella torn into small pieces
50g strong cheddar, grated
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
8 smoked streaky bacon rashers or pancetta

Heat the oven to 200c/180c fan/ gas 6
Mix the two cheeses and mustard together.
Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast then stuff with the mustard mixture.
Wrap each stuffed breast with 2/3 bacon rashers - not too tightly but enuf to hold the chicken together. Season & place on a baking tray and roast for 20-25 mins.

Tip-
If you want to use less bacon, stretch out the rashers with the back of a knife to make them longer and thinner.

Make it veggie-
Instead of chicken use mushrooms stuffed with mozzarella and 1 tbsp pesto, roast for 15 mins on 180c/ gas 4.
Or
Wrap the mushrooms in bacon

Bacon Rosti

Serves 4. Ready in 30mins

Fry Light
198g smoky bacon, remove fat, finely chopped
2 onions
5 medium potatoes skin on roughly chopped
Handful of chives, finely chopped
Salt n pepper

Boil the potatoes for 15 mins they should not be fully cooked. Drain and cool slightly.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the bacon 5-6 mins or until crispy.
Transfer to a mixing bowl. In the same pan fry the onions until brown then add to the bacon.

Peel the spuds, using a sharp knife and coarsely grate into the bacon mixture. Add the chives and seasoning. Mix together and shape into 12 patties.
Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and fry
2-3 rostis at a time until golden on both sides.

You can serve with grilled mushrooms and tomatoes on the vine.
Or
I made a big salad with it n a tomato salsa.

Tomato salsa:
Finely Chopped vine tomatoes and 1 red onion, splash of lemon juice, 2tbsp olive oil n a few chopped chives, 1tsp wholegrain mustard and Salt n pepper, mix and serve.

X

it all sounds delish wishbird..i def want to try the bacon rosti's if i get the chance this week yummm xx

Cool glad they will b of use x
Will put another one on later - mixed peppers with poppy seed chicken bake.
Doing it tonight x

Will definately be trying some of these. Thanks for posting!:)

great post - fairly new to sw and struggling with dinner ideas without having to go shopping and spend money every day - thank you

Yr welcome x I will continue this post with more soon x
The rosti are v nice x

My Favourite meal at moment is... I call it my bacon past thingy! It's around 600cals, maybe slightly over depending on the amount of pasta and type of sauces you use

Serves 1 (can double the ingredients for more people)
cooking time = 15 mins

2 Rashers of Bacon (or 1 chicken fillet if preferred)
1/2 Red onion chopped
2 Cloves of garlic chopped (I love garlic, so just one if you're not over keen)
1 Green/Red Chilli chopped (still tastes fab without it)
2-3 Mushrooms chopped
1/3 Courgette chopped
2 heaped teaspoons of green pesto
1/3 of a jar of bolognaise red sauce. (I used low fat or eat smart)
Reggae Reggae jerk BBQ sauce
80-100 grams of Penne pasta.
Fresh Basil and parsley, around a large pinch of each.
Olive Oil (for frying)

chop the bacon into small peices and fry, after 2-3 mins add onion, garlic and chillies. ENSURE that pasta is cooking during this time as it all takes around the same amount of time. cook for a further 5 mins.

Add courgettes, mushrooms, fresh parsley and basil to the pan and fry until it all turns a lovely light brown. By this time your pasta should be cooked.

Drain pasta and add the other ingredients to your pasta.
Add 2 large teaspoons of pesto, 1/3 of bolognaise sauce jar and 2 tablespoons of reggae reggae sauce, put back onto the low heat and mix together well. (I generally wash up during this bit)

When it has all been heated to eating temp, serve.

Yummy :)

Last night I made this with chicken AND bacon and added sun dried tomatoes. Naughty but DEVINE!! :)

Low cal -
Coconut crusted lime chicken
Serves 4. Prep 10 mins. Cook 25 mins

316 cals

8 skinless,boneless chicken thighs
Zest & juice 2 limes, plus extra wedges to serve
2tsp medium curry powder or garam masala
1tsp chilli powder(optional)
50g desiccated coconut
1tbsp veg oil
Mango chutney n rice to serve

Heat oven to 200c/180c fan/6 gas. Put chicken in a large bowl with lime zest and juice, curry powder, chilli powder, if using and seasoning. Mix well, then toss in the coconut. Place chicken on a rack sitting in a roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, then bake for 25mins until cooked through and tender. Serve with mango chutney, lime wedges for squeezing over n rice if u like.

Enjoy I have not yet tried this one so if anyone does let me know wot it's like x or sounds yummy x

Helpful recipe app-

Just to let you know there are a few fab recipe apps to help u x

Good good healthy & Gino D'acampo recipes

Cost a few quid but are helpful x enjoy x

Back