Slimming World Mag

Tealight

Quick question please ladies/gents, I have just bought the March/April edition and was hoping for a different 7 day plan, do they only cater for EE S/Worlders in the mag because Jan/Feb's was EE as well?

I know they have recipes for the other plans in there, seems a bit bias toward EE though

:)

I do mostly Red and a couple of days of Green per wk.

I'll stick my nose in the mag before a buy the next edition.

:)

They do do red and green issues too. Lost of the recipes do have all of the syn values for each plan. Hopefully the next issue will be r/g for you :)

I don't think I've ever seen them do a entirely red menu but they do the occasional one. You are right though, the focus is very much on extra easy. I feel a bit like a leper in class because I do entirely green days lol

I find this a bit anoying too.I know that last year somebody wrote in and complained about it and the next issue they did a red and green 7 day plan.maybe we should all do that.

what about buying back copies on ebay pre-EE days. 2008 and before they would all be red and green then? some people do bundles of them. Recipes never really go out of date too much, just remember any recent changes. Might be worth a thought

Hey,
I too am a green only slimming worlder as dont eat meat, I do find it irritating that the magazine does only seem to concerntrate on ee but suppose cant blame them as something silly like 90 odd % of followers do ee these days, as has been mentioned the recipies do tend to give red and green values at the bottom and I try to make the most of it by adapting the recipies slightly to fit with my green days, replacing their meat products with meat replacment quorn type products, im just mindful to add an extra stock cube or extra herbs for added flavour as quorn generally lacks this! for red days im guessing you would just add maybe more meat and remove the pasta, bean or potato type non free products.
Not perfect but we have to all work with what we have.
Tealight: are you a sw group or online member? if you are you can go online and tailor your menu's so they would be able to give you a full 7 day red menu? also there is a recipie thread on here where im sure you could find many red day ideas. think they also do a red day cookbook, called something like 100 red recipies, this may be found on online sites like ebay etc, it may also be worth seeing if there are any older sw magazines out before ee was launched on these sites as they will have the original plans menu's?!

Thanks for the tips :)

I have the 100 recipe book for green days, will hunt down the red one.

Doing S/W from home successfully just wondered if the mag was always EE as the last two have been.

I like the idea of a 7 day plan in the mag, I think i'll have a nose through some food diaries on here instead.

Sunday is my "experiment with a new recipe" day.

Thanks again :)

My C reckons they're going to slowly phase out the red and green plans... I don't see that working to be honest. I mean what would a vegetarian do?!

Oh really, don't see why they would have to change any of the plans, your right cutting out the Vegetarian market would lose them money..

I actually like have to weigh pasta/rice on red days, pots on green because it keeps my portion sizes under control.

I couldn't control myself on EE, i know it works for alot of people though, my mother has lost a fair bit on EE

They announced some months ago that they would be alternating between the 7 day ee plan and 7 day red/green plan, and that's what they have been doing. Not sure why they haven't done that this month though!

Back