Extra Easy Slimming World Meals

SarahMeMe

I have seen them in Iceland for £3. I'm not a huge fan of ready meals but do occasionally have them.

How do they taste?
Are they filling?
Worth £3?

I don't think I'd buy them for an everyday meal but they seem quite handy if I'm out and know I'm going to my mums house and need something free.

I prefer to cook from scratch, but they are good as you say for emergencies/running late/unwell and so on. I think they are quite good value for money as they are not a small meal and with extra veg/salad/rice or SW chips, they could serve 2. They are currently on offer 2 for £5 and if you attend group the generally give out offer vouchers periodically too.

I have not tried all of them but I like the Beef & Veg Crush, Salmon Farfalle and I quite liked the Singapore Noodles...lol... The curries and chillis are all meant to be nice as are the soups and sauces you can get, I have still not tried them yet but a lot of members really like them.

Ooohhhh... I nearly forgot...the 1/4 Pounders are lovely! The sausages I don't like at all, I much prefer the WW ones and syn them at 0.5 syns each ;)

I purchased the 1/4burgera and chicken sausages yesterday. Which I can have while my husband eats his usual version.

Then I got the cottage pie meal and tikka masala and left them in my mums freezer for when I visit.

Her idea of healthy is adding veg into an already unhealthy meal. So I will be safer to have that option when I go to her house.

The Hot Smoked Salmon Farfalle is lovely, as is the Beef and Veg Crush and the meatballs. The Chicken Pizzaola wasn't nice, and the Tomato and Basil soup was absolutely disgusting!

I've found them really useful for nights where I get back from work late and don't feel up to cooking or simply don't have the time to do so. They're very generous portions, don't taste like a ready meal (though I do tweak mine slightly: in the pasta dishes I always add more passata and a few chillies).

Obviously each individuals tastes are different, but I really like the burgers, the Mediterranean pasta with chicken, the tikka masala and the pasta with meatballs. I wasn't a huge fan of the beef and vegetable crush nor of the salmon. Everything else I've tried I've enjoyed.

I have tried most of them and they didn't really appeal to me.

I found them far too garlicky and spicy but that is just my palate. I like plainer foods.

I love the tikka masala, I find it looks and tastes far better than my own homemade version, and saves a lot of faff. The meatballs are also really nice. The beef in red onion gravy with the veg crush, comes out exactly the same if you make it yourself. I find they taste more 'home made' than any other ready meal I've ever had x

I started buying them before I even got involved with SW !! The curries are really good, I love the pasta with meatballs but my favourite is the Mediterranean Pasta with Chicken. The portion sizes are really good too. I thought the sausages were horrendous though so wouldn't try them again - might try the WW ones as someone here suggested. I tend to make my own meals now though since starting this diet but always have a couple of SW meals in the freezer for nights when I either don't have the time or can't be bothered.

My fella and I love them, we've worked our way through most of them by now! The sausages are ok but there are better out there, e.g. Tesco Healthy Living Cumberland Sausages but they have a Syn value whereas the SW ones are Free, so good for casseroles etc. We particularly love the curries - the sweet potato one is excellent with some Free chicken stirred in, it makes a huge portion! We also love the meatballs with pasta in a spicy sauce. Most of them are fairly high in salt for your RDA so you have to watch that, but otherwise I find them tasty and satisfying.

Was reading the new SW mag last night and was delighted to see an ad for two new ready meals this month - chicken chow mein and paella - I actually whooped... I could eat paella until it comes out of my ears :oops:

I'm not a fan of them paella sounds nice though, there ok for a quick meal if your stuck for cooking. I found the meatballs a bit rubbery, had the smoked salmon pasta thing yuck an the chicken curry the first one they brought out that was hot an I don't mind a bit of spice, the sausages ok needs must but I think they taste like corn an I had the tomatoe an basil soup def needed sieving was full of tomato skins. foubd the noodles to have a funny taste an the cottage pie odd even though I make mine with a swede top, but I did like the beef with veg crush an the chicken pizza not tried anymore but will def try the paella did it give a date for them to be in icelands.

The advert said the new meals will be available from Feb 17. I have a nice paella recipe from the mag a little while ago which I've made a few times at weekends, but for mid-week when I'm back from work late in the evenings, the Iceland meals are a godsend - we always have some in and it stops us being tempted to get a takeaway.

I have been trialling some of these meals, ready for when I am on my 2nd placement and need a quick dinner.

I have so far tried, Sausages, Burgers, Chicken pasta, Sweet potato curry and Cottage pie. Apart from the burgers I am not a huge fan of any of them, although they are 'edible'

The burgers are absolutely amazing. I could eat them all day long!

I have the Chicken Tikka Masala in the freezer. I hope it is nicer than the rest.

Tried the chicken & chorizo-style sausage paella last night, it was awful over spiced and left a nasty after taste. Hope the chicken chow mein is better.

The burgers are nice and the meatball pasta and chicken tikka masala.
Found the chilli con carne horrible and the Singapore noodles had a horrible spicy sauce, I don't like spicy foods.
Trying the sausages tonight so we will see how they are :)

Back