1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Slimming World my old friend

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by silencemylips, 31 March 2011 Social URL.

1. silencemylips

silencemylips Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    Slimming World

As of the 25th March I've come back to Slimming World. I tried Weight Watchers, paid for an online membership, downloaded the app for my iphone, but I just couldn't grasp it. So I'm back to SW, I've done it in the past so totally understand the whole Green/Original day but the EE etc. days are confusing! Need to get a grip of that. I'm doing it on my own, getting to classes with work is a hassle, but hopefully I'd finally found my motivation this time round.

I'm 23.
    Height: 5'4
    start weight: 13.5
    club 10 weight: 12
    Target: 10

I have 21 weeks to hit my target. I want to get to 10 stone by Leeds fest. Meaning I have to lose an average of 2.2lbs a week. Totally doable, right?

I'm swimming a couple of times a week, hoping to fit in up to 3/4 times if I can.

I'm just so sick of being unhappy with how I look, I've had serious lack of motivation in the past, but I'm trying my hardest to envisage a thinner and toned me. I just really wish Slimming World had a good app to track food etc. to make it easier.

Is anyone else starting around now and possibly with similar stats/targets?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lilyb

Lilyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Honestly? I think you are being overly optimistic about how much you can loose before the middle of August. 2.2lbs a week is quite a lot, SW themselves say that 1 - 2 lbs a week is a healthy realistic weight loss and although I'm sure that you would loose a lot in the first few weeks it slows down after that. I'm sorry if I'm speaking out of turn here but I think that its best to have a realistic expectation of what you can manage (speaking as an ex WW leader here and as a dieter myself!) so that you don't end up disappointed and potentially giving up if you don't loose as much as you hoped.

Having said that, I think it's perfectly doable to loose 1.5 - 2 stone in that time frame if you put your mind to it which is a significant loss :D It takes time to put weight on and it takes time to loose it again, patience is the name of the game here :) Think of it like a marathon, not a sprint.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do really well. There is a good sticky here that explains EE :)

4. rootsfran

rootsfran Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Good luck, I am trying to loose some for Glastonbury. Loose it slower and it will stay off longer, I am working on the basis that I am not dieting just changing the way I eat forever.

Hope you get where you want to be :)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.