Slimming World Newbie

A Quick pop in as must dash but be back later..... check out my bad food diary it helped me so much!! And I'm pleased to say it's rather empty latey. X

I'm so slow just realised we can Tag!! Sotagged you x

I feel like my foods repeat often, especially weekdays where I'm at work and just have the same things. Think it's still good to note it all down though?
I think we're all like that so keep on writing it down! Looking at my food diary on here, I'm VERY boring and repetitive with my meals mostly. A couple of different breakfasts, lunches usually leftovers or pre-cooked and frozen soup. The only variation is my dinners really, and even that can get repetitive because I cook a lot of stews and casseroles lol. :)

I'm quiet repetative eater Wolf I think it's a safety area for me thou, I'm. A realy fussy eater and hate cooking. So I know if I have these certain things as my foundation I can kick a bit extra in if I'm up for it. I don't have a lot of time or money or energy. ( violins lol) so I have to be quick fix almost everyday. X

@Wolf I do love a good casserole! I actually HATE eating breakfast, before slimming world I wouldn't eat anything before lunch. I'm more used to it now, a two small slices of toast is enough, in fact it's plenty, so I'm very boring in the breakfast department!

thank you @freakydarkstuff, sort of a better day, just looking forward to a fresh week next week at this point! Hope you're all good xx

Weigh Day - Thursday 26th January - lost 2lbs!

Breakfast - 2 x Wholemeal toast (HEB) with marmite
Lunch - SW Quiche (1.5 syns) with SW potato salad and tomatoes
Dinner- SW Singapore noodles (meal from Iceland, was ok, probably wouldn't get this one again!)

Snack and drinks: 3 Cups of tea (HEA)
1 Cup of peppermint tea (I love mint tea, I don't drink it enough! Post-lunch it will be all I drink)
1 Crunchie (7.5 syns)
Banana
Clementine x 2
Hi fi light bar (3 syns)

Total syns - 12
Total syns for week - 83 / 105

Please with my result, I wasn't expecting 2, especially after having a takeaway! More speed definitely works. My friend joined with me last night, was nice to have some familiar company at group! Not very good in social groups when I don't know anyone, and I had to talk in front of people yesterday! Very nerve wracking. But I did it!

Having a weird couple of days, Friday I was really good up until dinner and we had a KFC. I didn't count the syns, but I will be decreasing my syn allowance for the week so that I know I don't go over anything.

Saturday .. I was sort of good? Didn't have any breakfast as I was so busy. Came home and had a couple of brownies but I did have a big bowl of fruit too! Went to the hospital, had a hot chocolate and a latte, no idea what they were .. then at dinner we had some friends over for fajitas. I was very good though and didn't have the wraps, I just had a bowl of chicken basically. It was very nice though, didn't need the wrap at all!

Today my plan is to make another quiche for the week, get a casserole going in the slow cooker and to graze on fruit throughout the day. I'm currently studying AAT, so I need to do some of that today. :(

@freakydarkstuff KFC and Indian are my two nightmares if i'm honest! Going for a curry again this week (Nepalese restaurant) as it's my fiancé's birthday, but that's not until Thursday so I would have been weighed before hand :rolleyes:

Monday 30th January
Not a good day.. everything is getting on top of me at the moment. Stress eating is a thing and it happened yesterday.

Breakfast: Banana and two clementines
Lunch: Slimming world quiche with tomatoes
Dinner: SW Pasta w/ broccoli
Snacks and drinks: 2 cups of tea (HEA milk)
2 curly wurlys (12 syns I think)
Hi-fi light bar (HEB)
Fruit pot made at home - strawberries, kiwi, grapes, blueberries

This evening I'm going to a friends (the one who joined SW with me last week), I think the plan is to get a Chinese in. I'm going to have a look in my book and see what the best thing I can have is - I'm aiming for no other syns today (left the curly wurlys in the cupboard!) and have lots of fruit with me at work. I will not completely fall off the wagon today. Already expecting a gain this week and it's my own fault!

. I'm currently studying AAT, so I need to do some of that today. :(

Blast from the past I did AAT in 1994, I thoroughly enjoyed it but failed my exam as I didn't pay the TAX man! of all people! lol
Stress eating is what use to get me Rabbit and the second is social eating.
Both sabotage any effort I use to make. I'm in the mindframe now that what ever it is that si causing the stress its still going to be there whether you eat that naughtiness or not. xx

I know many people choose Curly Wurlys as their chocolate fix, is this because they are the least synful out of branded chocolates?

@lookingforme oh goodness, I'm really struggling with AAT if I'm honest, level two was a doddle but I'm doing 3 from home and wish I'd gone to college! That is a really good mindset. I need to remember that. Xx
@freakydarkstuff didn't think of putting them in the freezer! They take me so long to eat anyway :p

Hello everyone! Stressful time. Didn't eat well at all. No exercise. Still lost 1lbs (weighed Thursday) and I was so shocked. My friend lost 4lbs her first week, how can she lose what I lost in 3 weeks?! I'm pleased for her though.
Back on it today, for real. No more snacking on bad things, not having a proper meal / not eating at all. Already made a bad start and forgot some of my fruit and my fat free vinagerette for my lunch during my mad rush this morning, so it's just plain salad and plain chicken for lunch!

The mother in law should be out of hospital today and normality will resume. Phew.

HIya Rabbit I wouldn't worry what your friend has lost, on a first week there are liver deposits and water loss which can add up for any number of reasons.
just eat healthy and you will get there, I don't know how you all still do it with a chocolate allowance and crisp for syns etc. If I didn't break the habit of wanting that input I couldn't get through it! x

Back