Slimming World Online

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Java1975, 2 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Java1975

Java1975 Full Member

Hi All
    Can anyone give me advice regarding cancelling my account online? I subscribed online last Wednesday and by Thursday I knew I made a big mistake. I have paid £59.00 for 3 months and even thought it looks very good I know I need the meetings. I have sent a email explain my reasons for cancelling and I have looked at the term and conditions which do say that with certain circumstances they may issue vouchers for meetings if requested but I’m not 100% sure. With the bank holiday weekend I probably won’t get a response until through the week I was wondering if anyone had gone through the same problem and if they came across any difficulties.

Many Thanks
    Jane

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    Hi hun I don't have any experience with this myself but seeing as you are wanting to go to meetings (i.e. SW won't lose any money) I can't see this being a problem.

As you say with it being bank holiday it will probabaly be tomorrow before you get a response. Hope it is a good one for you x

4. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Does it not come under the 14 day statutory cooling off period, that other online purchases do?

5. Java1975

Java1975 Full Member

Hi Thanks for your replies. It says that you have a 7 day cooling of period providing you dont build your profile. Im not 100% sure if I have done this and im clueless as what stage you build your profile. i will have to speak with them tomorrow I hope they have good customer service.All I want to do start the plan :) !!!!!!

6. Nikki<3

Nikki<3 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Heya. As this is distance selling by law they have to give you a refund period, usually of 7 days so fingers crossed they will let you xx

7. susicab

susicab Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.11%)
    Diet:
    Scottish Slimmers
    Hi
    I joined online last year with a 3 month subscription, then decided two weeks later to go to a class. I explained to the consultant what I had been doing, totally expecting them to tell me i would have to forfeit what i had already paid, but she was really lovely and got onto head office to arrange for vouchers for the remainder of my online subscription to be issued so that I could use them to pay for my classes. This did take a few weeks to come through though.....

One thing though, i think the voucher has an expiry date so its 12 weeks from whenever and if you have to miss a class (holiday/shiftwork) then you lose that week on your voucher, its not carried over, if I am making sense??

8. Java1975

Java1975 Full Member

Thanks for the info fingers crossed xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.