Slimming World or Low Carb

Wibbly

Can anyone help please? Or advise :confused:
I really really need to lose 4 stone and am not sure whether to go back to Slimming World or to go back to low carbing. I've had success with both of them in the past but I just can't decide which one to do this time around, which I am hoping is going to be my last ever go at losing weight :eek:
The pro's of going to SW are the group support and the weekly weighin, plus I like the group leader. The con's are that I do actually prefer a low carb diet, but there are no support groups I could go to, to get weighed with a low carb diet (that I know of...?). Also that there is a tiny part of me that thinks low carb CANNOT be good for your long-term health! Though I know it does work...
Also with SW I get a bit - I dunno - rebellious!! - when faced with foods that I have to weigh, like the a and b choices.....and there is something about the whole 'corporate' thing of paying money to an organisation that also puts me off. But I am not sure that I can do it 'alone'.
So, that is my quandary....sorry if it is a bit of a ramble.....but can anyone offer any advice and cut through my muddled-up thinking?
Thanks so much :)

Hi!

I am low carbing (dukan) and going to weight watchers just to get weighed. It gives me weekly push to keep going even when I'm not really following the plan. I know what you mean about paying the money each week but for me it works and the money I spent on take aways and junk each week was way more.

Suppose it's up to you could you do low carb slimming world. I'm within my Ww points but low carb and loosing.

I do like the girls at Ww and a bit of competition to see who can loose that bit more. Find the talk bit patronizing!

Or you could start your own low carb support group and weigh your mates!!!

Louise (1st ever post!!!)

Maybe go to your GP, if you feel you need to lose 4 stones then they may be able to provide you with a healthy eating plan and have you come in to get weighed by the nurse to track your progress. That way you still have some structure involved but without paying for a slimming club.

Personally from my days as a student studying nutrition (irony right there) I don't like the idea of eating low carb diets for long term, as this tends to mean you are having too much proteins and fats instead. A low carb diet may be OK for a few weeks just to kick start weight loss, but then once you reintroduce carbohydrates (the good ones we get from fruit, vegetables and wholegrains) the weight loss will probably creep back on.

So yeah maybe talk to your doctor and see if your surgery/medical centre can provide some assistance, as helping you be healthy is what they are there for :)

I'm also low carbing ( atkins ) and i love it. Though different diets suit different people.

Can anyone help please? Or advise :confused:
I really really need to lose 4 stone and am not sure whether to go back to Slimming World or to go back to low carbing. I've had success with both of them in the past but I just can't decide which one to do this time around, which I am hoping is going to be my last ever go at losing weight :eek:
The pro's of going to SW are the group support and the weekly weighin, plus I like the group leader. The con's are that I do actually prefer a low carb diet, but there are no support groups I could go to, to get weighed with a low carb diet (that I know of...?). Also that there is a tiny part of me that thinks low carb CANNOT be good for your long-term health! Though I know it does work...
Also with SW I get a bit - I dunno - rebellious!! - when faced with foods that I have to weigh, like the a and b choices.....and there is something about the whole 'corporate' thing of paying money to an organisation that also puts me off. But I am not sure that I can do it 'alone'.
So, that is my quandary....sorry if it is a bit of a ramble.....but can anyone offer any advice and cut through my muddled-up thinking?
Thanks so much :)

Hiya - could you not follow SW red days? That way you would get the best of both worlds as the red days are all about the protein? x

Back