Slimming World Quiche

Candygirl69uk said:
I made one yesterday, my hubby is now a SW convert lol!
300g cottage cheese
3 eggs
2 rashers thick cut danpak bacon with rind cut off and chopped into small pieces
about 6 slices of ham
a small leek diced up into small pieces
4 mushrooms diced up into small pieces
2 tomatoes
tbsp tomato puree
s & p to taste
pinch of dried thyme
lined a pyrex dish with the ham, spread the tomato puree over the ham then add a layer of tomatoes. Dry fried the bacon, mushrooms and leeks in the actifry (I don't use any fat).
add the bacon mixture on top of the tomatoes, then beat eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper together and pour over rest of ingredients and sprinkle with thyme. cooked for about 40 mins in a moderate oven. There was a fair amount of water in the dish when it was cooked, which I think came from the cottage cheese so I turned it out onto a plate then placed another plate on top and drained it. It was lovely hot and I thought even better cold :)

This sounds gorgeous. I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks for posting. x

Just made myself a SW quiche, the one with pasta and sauce, wonderful smells drifting from kitchen, going to have later for tea with sw chips, mmmmmmm can't wait :)

I've found the SW quiche a godsend for me! I try to have one in the fridge all the time for when I have those "What can I have! moments!

I use frylight to fry whatever I have - mushrooms, onion, peppers, asparagus etc and also bits of ham or bacon.

I put this in the bottom of a wide shallow dish and cover with 4 eggs beaten with a tub quark, herbs and seasoning. Occasionally I sprinkle a little low fat cheese or grated parmesan on the top then bake. Delicious hot or cold.

Do the SW quiche recipes above really taste like quiche though? Think I'd have to use cottage cheese, had some bad tasting experiences with quark :giggle:

I've found the SW quiche a godsend for me! I try to have one in the fridge all the time for when I have those "What can I have! moments!

I use frylight to fry whatever I have - mushrooms, onion, peppers, asparagus etc and also bits of ham or bacon.

I put this in the bottom of a wide shallow dish and cover with 4 eggs beaten with a tub quark, herbs and seasoning. Occasionally I sprinkle a little low fat cheese or grated parmesan on the top then bake. Delicious hot or cold.

I do exactly the same Sibella, and there is always something for the hubby to snack on too. I used to, and still do occasionally, put quorn sausage in too. However, now they are no longer free, I tend now to use chunks of ham... Delish hot or cold....and with a dash of tabasco!!

I've made this quiche too, its very quick and very tasty - to me it tastes as if it should be much more 'fattening' if that makes sense lol.

Which is the better method quark or cottage cheese???

Mel x

I have to be honest (and I'm not jumping in here to rain on anyone's sw discovery/fave meal) but SW quiche is possibly the worst thing I have (personally) ever tasted. I took the first bite and thought...hmm not bad, 2 bites in and I had to smother the thing in tomato sauce to get it down. Left me feeling sick too, though I've since come to the conclusion that I have some form of egg intolerance.

I make my sw quiche with a smash crust, i mixed the smash with alitte water to make a dough & then thinly line a dish as would when making a normal quiche, spray with frylight , cook till firm & golden & then add filling , i prefer quark to cottage cheese, even hubby likes this with mixed peppers , onion, mushroom & HE cheese- no more soggy quiche .

Well I have heard of the SW quiche but never tried it until last night. All I can say is here today, gone tomorrow.

My way was
3 lrg eggs
300g morrisons eat smart cottage cheese. (blitz to get rid of lumps)
Bacon (fat removed)
mushrooms
onions
Ham for the base
few slices of tomatoes for the top and a sprinkle of mixed herbs.
In the oven for 30 minutes 180c.

Me, Hubby and the kids loved it. I think I will be making more of this!
Yum yum yum.

I would also like to make a quiche but im not a lover of quark, creme fraiche or cottage cheese, is there any other options, or is quiche for me out of the equation?

I use cottage cheese, you can't really taste it I think it just makes it more like a quiche rather then an omlete.

I'm making a quiche for mydinner tonight with ham and mushrooms and will have it with sw chips and beans x

I made these little quiches for my picnic yesterday. They were delicious and went down a treat with my 2 year old!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3040068444.jpg
    image-3040068444.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 668
Back