Slimming World Quiche

You use all the cottage cheese and yes you precook any ingredients you want to put in. If they were really wet I'd give them a quick pat with a paper towel before I added them.

Good luck.

Made a SW quiche for dinner tonight. I used 4 eggs, a tub of quark, chopped onions cooked in Fry-light, chopped bacon (fat removed) and boiled ham, a packet of Batchelors Super Pasta n Sauce Cheese, Leek & Ham, excluding milk & butter (1 syn) and lined the flan dish with boiled ham. Added a bit of black pepper....delish!! :bliss:

I pretty much live on this as snacks and lunches!
I think I do it slightly different though. I use three eggs and fat free yoghurt rather than cottage cheese (which I still haven't used as the lumps concern me :p )
I chop up my veg really finely, sometimes add little cubes of feta and then pour the egg/yog/herb mixture on top and bake in the oven.

Ridiculously easy! Then cut it into slices for lunch etc!

Oh and I don't precook the veg, I think because I chop it so finely it's ok.

I know some people sieve their cottage cheese, to get rid of the lumps. Never tried it with yoghurt. As mentioned before, Quark is brilliant for SW quiches. :)

Kathy

I've used cottage cheese blitzed, quark and fat free fromage fraise, but much prefer just beaten eggs and a healthy extra of cheese per portion.

Last edited:
Me an my OH love this with cheese and chive cottage cheese mushrooms onion an pepper with bacon. Really nice :)

Back