slimming world ready mealS ?

i work nights so always make big portions of food (on days off) and divide into pots to freeze. then when i am working i just get out something for the night. so my ready meals are ready to micro when i get a break!!

I would find it handy if they did a range of ready meals, for the times when you need something quick (not to live on) I make the bean soup then throw most of it away cause no one in my house would eat it or any of the other stuff I make (not cause Im a **** cook they all just way to fussy). If I freeze it ends up in the bin a few month down the line So for me if they did a curry I could just pop it in the microwave and away I go

My consultant told us ages ago (must have been around summertime) that SW were working on bringing out some ready meals. Personally I'd welcome it, usually I make my own from scratch but it'd make a change from eating my own cooking from
time to time! :)

Yeah my C said the same but also mentioned ready meals. I guess if they do bring them out some people will use them, some won't. At the end of the day it's all about choice and seeing as WW have already got their range I suppose SW thought we shouldn't they do it too?

Personally, i would love a few slimming world ready meals, would make a pleasant change at work as i get sick of being restricted to the few things that are possible to make at work!

I don't understand why you feel restricted though - there are loads of low syns and even syn free ready meals out there already that you could be using! The magazine features new ones in every issue, they are listed in the branded free foods book, and there is even a huge thread in the syn values forum that talks about them.

How did you know I had an uncle Bob? :eek:

No that's what I do- I make a little extra, even just an extra portion, and freeze it. Definitely helps when things are busy, I can either leave it out in the morning then heat it up when I get home, or just whip it out the freezer and heat it up for a little bit longer :p

LOL - good old Uncle Bob!! x

I would find it handy if they did a range of ready meals, for the times when you need something quick (not to live on) ....... If I freeze it ends up in the bin a few month down the line So for me if they did a curry I could just pop it in the microwave and away I go

I dont understand why your frozen cooked stuff is any different to a ready meal? Why do you throw it away? Why *wouldn't* you throw a SW ready meal away? :confused:

I dont understand why your frozen cooked stuff is any different to a ready meal? Why do you throw it away? Why *wouldn't* you throw a SW ready meal away? :confused:

Thats what i thought too :confused:

I don't understand why you feel restricted though - there are loads of low syns and even syn free ready meals out there already that you could be using! The magazine features new ones in every issue, they are listed in the branded free foods book, and there is even a huge thread in the syn values forum that talks about them.

Yeah i know what i can make, but i am talking about 'convenience' food! Things i can just pick out the fridge and chuck in my bag to stick in the micro at work if i dont have anything ready!

When i do three 12 hour shifts in a row and have a young family to look after i just dont have the time, and frankly just cba, cooking meals for work sometimes!

Im not saying its something i would use all the time, but the option would be awesome!

cause I would prob eat the SW meal. The same as I used WW meals when I did that diet. A ready meal curry would suit me down to the ground and a box with the syn value on it like WW put points on theres. I dont like cooking and dont always have time to cook from scratch.:D Im also bad for taking stuff out the freezer in the morning going to work coming home and then not fancing what I got out, so that normally ends up in the bin

Last edited:
Yeah i know what i can make, but i am talking about 'convenience' food! Things i can just pick out the fridge and chuck in my bag to stick in the micro at work if i dont have anything ready!
If you read my post I wasn't talking about cooking your own - I was talking about ready meals! :)

There are already a huge range of low syn and syn free ready meal options you can use ;)

I think what we have to take from this thread is some people would use ready meals, some not. Thank God we're not all the same - how boring would that be?! :)

cause I would prob eat the SW meal. The same as I used WW meals when I did that diet. A ready meal curry would suit me down to the ground and a box with the syn value on it like WW put points on theres. I dont like cooking and dont always have time to cook from scratch.:D Im also bad for taking stuff out the freezer in the morning going to work coming home and then not fancing what I got out, so that normally ends up in the bin

Ah right. I dont defrost it in advance, I just pick what I want when Im about to eat it. Only takes 10min to defrost in the microwave :confused: Each to their own! :)

There are already a huge range of low syn and syn free ready meal options you can use ;)[/QUOTE]

Really? Syn free ones???

Which ones??

But if your running late between meetings or just totally disillusioned with what you took to work for lunch, you aren't guaranteed to have a food book with you, or a magazine or ability to get online and check etc (not everyone has a smartphone)

I think, that although I cook most of my meals from scratch, the nature of my job means that I often finish work at midnight/1am, I don't actually own, or have room for a freezer in my tiny flat, so being able to nip to the supermarket and know instantly what the syns were for a ready meal would be a godsend... My mum does WW and for differing reasons, she's found the ability to eat their ready meals invaluable.

One of the tuna companies used to have syns on their ready done tuna tins (like tuna and lemon mayo etc) I can't remember which one it was but that was great for being able to grab a tin of that and chuck it on a Jacket if you were out and about and sick of beans.

Back