Slimming World - support needed

Rubz211

Hello all, I have joined this site in hope of some support, advice and guidance (although not quite sure how this will work). Basically, I joined slimming world five weeks ago in hope to get my life back on track. The problem is that I only seem to be losing 1lb a week from day week one and so far have only lost 4lb in total. I have approx 8 stones to lose. I was so disappointed at my first weigh in as I only lost 1 lb whilst everyone else who joined the same time lost between 3.5lb - 7 lb. This has continued week by week, the others seem to lose way more than I do. I have worked really really hard and have been sticking to the extra easy plan (very rarely go over my syns). I have done a food diary for my consultant and unfortunately I dont think I feel supported by my consultant. She promises to give me a call to discuss and doesnt and at the group she is always busy with new members.... I dont feel I can approach her. I have stopped staying for the groups because i get so upset at the weigh in. Every week I am in tears and I know it is still early days but I feel awful as I dont know what I am doing wrong. Last week I had tried so hard and was gutted that I only lost 1/2lb. Can anyone help with any advice of what I should do. I dont want to quit but I'm finding it so difficult. :sigh: Thanks, Rubz

Can you put up a sample of your food diary so we can have a look?

Ah I feel for you. Have you filled out a food diary? If so pop it in here and we can have a look.
Also try and remember a pound a week is three and a half stone a year
My first thoughts to check are
Are you weighing your healthy extras?
Are you having both your healthy extras?
Are you having and counting your syns properly?
Are you having a third Superfree with every meal?
They are just thoughts but if we can see your diary we will try and help

There are people on here who are more qualified to advise than me but have you tried cutting down on carbs? Mixing in some red and green days? x

If I were in your shoes I would be upset too. Your consultant should be giving you some feedback on your food diary over these first few weeks to help you to understand the plan and to support you. If you are not getting that then no wonder you want to leave. It does make me wonder if this is the group for you? Are there any other groups in the area that you could join?

Please don't feel despondent, we are all here to help and support you through this. Firstly, don't put too much emphasis on the amount of weight that's coming off. As long as something is, then that is good. Secondly, don't compare yourself to others as we are all different and we all lose at different rates. Thirdly, you need to share. Share your diary and share what's on your mind. By doing so you will feel a whole lot better and that you are not doing this on your own, that someone is listening and helping you along the way.

So, as the others have said, please post your food diary and be totally honest about what you had, including syns, HEX's etc. There are lots of us here, we will be honest with you about where we think you could or couldn't do things differently and give you the benefit of our advice and past experience. I hope that helps :)

Come and have a look at the online image therapy thread as well as it's very useful, especially if your not staying to image therapy at class.

Hello all, I have joined this site in hope of some support, advice and guidance (although not quite sure how this will work). Basically, I joined slimming world five weeks ago in hope to get my life back on track. The problem is that I only seem to be losing 1lb a week from day week one and so far have only lost 4lb in total. I have approx 8 stones to lose. I was so disappointed at my first weigh in as I only lost 1 lb whilst everyone else who joined the same time lost between 3.5lb - 7 lb. This has continued week by week, the others seem to lose way more than I do. I have worked really really hard and have been sticking to the extra easy plan (very rarely go over my syns). I have done a food diary for my consultant and unfortunately I dont think I feel supported by my consultant. She promises to give me a call to discuss and doesnt and at the group she is always busy with new members.... I dont feel I can approach her. I have stopped staying for the groups because i get so upset at the weigh in. Every week I am in tears and I know it is still early days but I feel awful as I dont know what I am doing wrong. Last week I had tried so hard and was gutted that I only lost 1/2lb. Can anyone help with any advice of what I should do. I dont want to quit but I'm finding it so difficult. :sigh: Thanks, Rubz

You are paying for the services of your consultant. If she doesn't contact you when she says she will, then contact her. Ring/text/email her and say "you said you would contact me but I haven't heard from you so I am getting in touch because I really need some support and feedback on my food diary".

Please, please don't compare your losses to that of others... it will only cause you heartache if you aren't losing at the same rate they are. I know that is easier said than done but we all lose at different rates.

Next... please stay to group regardless of what the scales say. You could be missing out on some really helpful advice or tips from the other members and this is the perfect time to pin your consultant down and tell them in Image Therapy that you're not happy.

It is hard when you're 'only' losing 1lb a week BUT that equals 52lbs over the year!

Bring it up with your trainer dear. Surely there is another way.
Have you tried Success Express for a couple of days in a week?

Yes, absolutely pester your consultant by phone and in group make sure you talk to them about it then! Also if you stay to group talk about it in IMAGE therapy time. The other members will have loads of helpful advice and will never judge anyone on how quickly or slowly they are losing weight :) As someone else said above, a 1lb each week for a year would mean you lose nearly 4 stone....anyway it's a marathon, not a sprint. Best of luck.

Wow...I'm so touched with all the responses, feel soooo much support that have had a sudden burst of enthusiasm to continue. Thank you all so so much. I stopped doing a food diary as it just seemed a waste of time but I will start from today and enter it at the end of the week.. Or would you guys suggest I do it daily? Your advice will be appreciated. Thank you.... I've got a feeling I might be just be ok :) Yayyy. #Feeling excited again

I would post it daily as if there is anything glaringly wrong it can be corrected straight away

Wow...I'm so touched with all the responses, feel soooo much support that have had a sudden burst of enthusiasm to continue. Thank you all so so much. I stopped doing a food diary as it just seemed a waste of time but I will start from today and enter it at the end of the week.. Or would you guys suggest I do it daily? Your advice will be appreciated. Thank you.... I've got a feeling I might be just be ok :) Yayyy. #Feeling excited again

I'd do it daily, its easy to forget what you've eaten and what you've used your syns on.

I would post it daily as if there is anything glaringly wrong it can be corrected straight away

Exactly ^^^^, don't forget the link for us;)

Back