slimming world to ww

Have just been reading through here as I am thinking of trying ww from sw.

I started sw in feb this year and up until a month ago I had managed to loose 12 lbs !!

I'm not sure if ww will work for me but am willing to try. The only thing is I am doing it at home so I need to find out how many points I should have ,so if anyone could give me any advice I would be grateful :)

I absolutely agree that it is a personal preference, but actually within my meetings at SW I was encouraged to eat and eat! Maybe it was just the way the consultant ran her group, but I constantly found I was thinking about the next thing I could put in my mouth!

I definitely think it is the individual that has the failing however patchwork puss, and SW has worked for many as has WW, so I think it just comes down to the plan that works best with your own traits. And it's WW for me ;)

I was encouraged to eat to. For example when I was on a red day my leader advised if I was hungry I could snack on crab stix. So I would sit with a pkt of crab stix while watching tv. When they'd gone I'd snack on ham or chicken etc

I agree with most of the replies...
I have just re-joined (this week) WW after doing SW since Jan this year.
It is all about personal preference - I found SW difficult in the fact that you have to think about everything you eat which is great if you have the time to think about it and indeed cook it.
WW to me is more flexible and does help you with portion control etc - its the same old scenario - what suits one person, might not suit another.
Dont jump ship just because you might be having a rough time on the scales - re-assess what you are eating etc and look into the plan!
x

Just joined WW tonight after previously doing SW...... Lost 5.5lbs in 9 weeks and I had just completely lost confidence in it. I had previously lost 2 stone on WW before it changed to pro points but thought I'd give SW a try...... Didn't work for me but I know plenty who love it and theyve lost loads however it's not for me so here I am!!!! Xxxx

I think it depends what type of eater you are, I'm a greedy person who never realises when they're full until they feel sick so for me ww is working at the min cause its teaching me about portion control which I think is really important. I switched from sw to ww and wouldnt go back now x

Back