Slimming World V Weight Watchers

Weight watchers do a simply filling plan now, similar to sw except u get bread and 49 weekly pp to spend on treats! Ive been doing ww a mix of pp and sf and in 17 wks I have lost 33.7 lb!

If sw isn't working very well deff give ww a go, there r alot of pol in the ww thread that have moved from sw. Ww do registration and first meeting free, so wouldn't cost u anything to find out if it's right for u!

I've done SW for the last 2 years but this week have switched to WW Healthy and Filling for a change. I tried pro points but it didn't really suit me and made me miserable! That's a personal thing though, for lots it's fantastic. I'm hoping a change will give my weight loss a boost, maybe if would be good for you too?

Given your stats I'm really surproisxed at the slowish rate you're loosing tbh. I have lost 3.5 st in 15 months, and I have been playing at it since December. I would consider myself to be a slow looser even if I had stuck to it rigidly and been a stone or 2 lighter than I am now.

As JAylou says, they both work, if you stick to them. Have you got a food diary you can post?

I have done ww in the past but years ago. I found it a real pain to have to weigh everything and hated that there was no free food (although I think fruit is now free and not counted as points?)

I love slimming world because I am never hungry and can eat chocolate every day if I want to.

If you've lost 2 stone that is fantastic...well done :) I do however think that for it to have taken 2 years something is going wrong somewhere. What has your consultant said? Can you post a food diary?

do you go to group or do it on line or just weigh and go?

agree with many posts above, I've lost 2 st 8lb in 14 months and am only about 80% on plan so something must be going wrong somewhere.

if you're not getting the results from SW try WW maybe having to think about the eating plan that you're doing is the change you need, if you don't like it you can always come back

good luck x

I have done both plans and have to say its down to preference. I have lost on both plans. On ww I lost 3st, I then became pregnant and put some on and someone recommended sw I have since lost the pregnancy weight and back to where I left on ww. Anyway rabbiting on, I find sw to be easier to follow as not so restrictive with point counting, although I believe you can do the simply filling plan to save the pointing. I think ww got me to think about portion sizes so that may have helped me with sw, as you can eat as much as you want. When pasta is free, that is dangerous to me! I love pasta but I now have a sensible sized portion.
I say you should give it a go and see how you feel. No harm in trying, if it doesn't work go back to sw.
Hth
Kelly x

Has your gp offered to help fund this move as I know some on here have their fees paid by the NHS. I think you need to look and see if you can work out why your losses aren't so high, only you can be honest with yourself about what you eat and drink. Having said that congratulations on having lost 2 stone, I notice your stats on the sidebar say more. It is all about motivation and getting in the right frame of mind- you have to really want it.
let us know what you decide, remember there are lots of people on here happy to offer support and advise.

the simple answer is - whatever works best for you..
i personally find s.w easier to follow and understand.. while on some websites / facebook pages, huge arguments start over whats better, it all boils down to how much weight you personally lose on that plan. everyone is different, s.w and w.w are totally different plans, different point/syn systems, but they both produce the same goal, weight loss.. can't we all just get along and agree that both are good as each other as long as your losing the weight. :)

all i can say is give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, you can always come back to s.w

Honestly i don't think the strictness of WW would help you. I struggled with it and gave up after 3 weeks because i was literally so hungry i felt like crying. I have never been hungry on SW unless i wanted to be and that is because i have a lot more self control and i can eat as much as i like at the end of it!

I haven't tried WW but to me, the idea of it isn't as good as SW.

SW teaches you how to cook well. WW just seems to promote the lazy idea of "I can't be bothered to make a fresh meal, I'll get a ready meal that's probably not gonna fill me, that I'll have paid over the odds for, and have to put a load of salt on to taste good"

SW teaches you how to eat the foods you like, but cook them healthily, not to buy pre packed meals.

But that's my biased opinion :)

SW teaches you how to cook well. WW just seems to promote the lazy idea of "I can't be bothered to make a fresh meal, I'll get a ready meal that's probably not gonna fill me, that I'll have paid over the odds for, and have to put a load of salt on to taste good"

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH that just couldnt be further from the truth

SW teaches you how to eat the foods you like, but cook them healthily, not to buy pre packed meals

As does WW. WW promotes the exact same principles as SW, healthy eating, cooking from scratch. Its anything but a lazy option :mad:

When I did WW I didnt buy one WW ready meal the whole time I was on it, yes I did have ready meals from time to time as an option if I was short for time or working sometimes but other than that like almost everyone on WW forum I cooked from scratch - just like SW people do

Why do people think this!!!!!!!

ALL diets work. Slimming world, Weight watchers, Rosemary conley, Atkins, VLCD's, Low GI. It's all about what suits you.

None is better than the other.

Why do people think this!!!!!!!

ALL diets work. Slimming world, Weight watchers, Rosemary conley, Atkins, VLCD's, Low GI. It's all about what suits you.

None is better than the other.

The thing with SW & WW is they are healthy eating plans designed to be followed (with slight adaptions) even after you reach target and they promote healthy eating.

Thank you to all so much, my consultant was at a loss too. She checked my food diary and saw that was i doing everything right, I increased my water to 2 litres a day, and started swimming.....still nothing. I've now found out I have a cyst on my ovaries. I left group temporarily, I will go to ww and see what their plans are like.

I cannot thank everyone who placed a post here, all your words have encouraged me not to give up, I've just gotta find what's right for me.

Thank you

Slimming world vs weight watchers

Was wondering anybody who has done both diets which they find best. Never done sw before thinking of starting instead of ww ? X

I have tried Weight Watchers (several times!) and gave up because I was so hungry! Slimming world is fab, but it is important to like your fruit and veg and you really need to be willing to cook from scratch. I have not felt hungry once in the last 6 weeks. Good luck.

Back