Slimming world while preggers

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
Being an already plus sized gal finding out i was pregnant (again! lol) and that i was only going to get bigger filled me with dread - however this pregnancy has gone relatively smoothly & I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant - saw the midwife this morning and everything is normal and progressing well :)
I'm possibly going to have to have a c-section as i had to have one with my son and they tore a hole in my uterus whilst pulling out the placenta and so they're worried about me rupturing while in natural labour - they still haven't made up their minds on whether they're going to let me try for a natural birth but just incase i have to have surgery i've been advised to limit any extra weight gain & if i could 'lose a few pounds' then all the better.
So....under supervision from the midwife & consultant i started slimming world 2 weeks ago - and although i'm having at least double the top amount of allowed syns I've lost 6lbs in 2 weeks! :D I have to show my midwife my food diary every week so she can see i'm eating enough but so far she's happy with it. Here's to a few more pounds going before bubs pops out! :)

That's brilliant, well done!!

I did SW to get to my target (9½ stone!) before getting pregnant. I'm now 20 weeks and am 11 stone. Oops! I've not been following SW at all, I'm ashamed to say. Started out with really good intentions of sticking on plan, not gaining too much etc., but the morning sickness put the dampners on that, and forced...literally forced...me to eat bread, bagels, crisps and potatoes. At least I went off chocolate! Back eating more healthily now (a bit) but just really not thinking too much about my diet, other than making sure I get at least 5 a day and plenty of vitamins/nutrients etc. I'll handle whatever weight is left after the baby's born....hopefully!

So...very well done with your results and great luck with the baby and weight loss after, if you choose to do it!

x

Well done you. Hope all goes well, there is a SW & Pregnancy sticky for advice etc over on the SW forum if you fancy popping over.

Hellie - Don't worry about it, it's your 1st & I know re: the sickness how it feels as long as you & the baby are ok. XXX

Hellie * Congrats on the pregnancy *
This is number four for me - forth and final i might add! lol You have to get through the morning sickness and lethargy as best you can and if that means eating yummy, scrummy things that aren't too great for the waist line then i say enjoy it! I know it sounds like a long time, but 9 months flies by - you can make the most of the fruit and yoghurt and salad once your tummy feels up to it. *hugs*

well done, thats a brilliant weight loss!
i have gone completely off the rails since mw refused to let me join a sw club .. i havent weighed myself but know i have put on much more than baby weight, which i just know wouldnt have happened had i been allowed to join
i have 8 weeks left and your weight oss has really encouranged me to give it another try .. i have the books at home, and will just write a food diary to try and limit the damage i might have already done!

i have 8 weeks left and your weight oss has really encouranged me to give it another try ..

Congrats on the bump! And i'd give it a go yourself if your mw won't let you join. Bloody midwifes! Its your body, and i have to say that before i started i was constipated, had a nasty heamerroid (sorry if tmi) which was really painful & my skin was greasy and spotty and i looked plain awful!! Since starting all of that has sorted itself out and i actually look better than i have all pregnancy! :D
I'm in no way starving myself - only just started a food diary on here in the last couple of days but you're welcome to have a look - and for the last three weeks i've been having at least double the amount of syns allowed on SW and have STILL lost! If i remember rightly i think i even had fish and chips my first week! :eek: I'm not being too strict, but even when i do go over syns or have something extremely naughty i console myself with the fact that my diet now is FAR better than it was before i started, so even if i can stay at the same weight for the next 6 weeks i'll be a happy bunny.
Good luck hun. xxxx

rayven

thank you for the encouragement xx

can i ask approx how many syns do you allow yourself ? was thinking up to 15, plus plus couple flexi syns days a week - if i need them

also can you post link to your diary, have searched for it but cant find! xx

many thanks x

Well for the first 3 weeks i had probably on average 30 syns a day but they were used as flexi syns, some days i wouldn't have very many and other days i'd have loads. I was eating a LOT of junk before-hand though so felt i needed to ease myself into it! lol This is my forth week and so far I've been able to stick to between 10 and 15 syns a day which is what i'm going to try and stick to from now on. I do allow myself an extra Healthy Extra on both A and B if i need or want it, just to make sure i'm getting enough, and have been reporting to my midwife with my food diary and she's really happy with how much i've been eating.
Will find out how to post a link to my food diary for you. And good luck! xx

Don't know if i've done it right but have attempted to put a link to my food diary on..........let me know if you can't see it and i'll have another go. xx

Its working for me ;)

Hi girls, I'm exactly the same.

I'm 13 wks with my 2nd. I put 3 1/2 stone on with my first and was still 1/2 stone heavier when found out I was pregnant this time (2 yrs later). I'm really determined not to put that much weight on again but just can't stop eating crap. I take my healthly SW lunch to work with me every day but some days just the thought of eating it makes my stomach turn :jelous: and I end up getting something from the canteen (chips / creamy pasta) I'm trying to stick to green days as the thought of a big slab of meat just makes me feel sick.

I'm just going to do my best and try not to beat myself up about it too much. Just wanted you to know your not alone in your struggle.

Back