Slinking back in with tail between legs. . .

Minnieme, I am there with you. We did it once, we can do it again.
Alleykat, don't beat yourself up, you are facing it and on here and that speaks buckets.
The whole reducing weight thing is the important bit, not how you do it. I do agree that the motivation that any SS program gives you is incentive enough to keep on with it but one of my colleagues did WW and loved it as it wasn't too expensive, so many supermarkets cater for the choices and the important thing was that he saw results. If I am honest, he has done better than me in terms of keeping it off after reaching his goal. A bit back on but nowhere near as much as me.
I am sure that getting your head into the right place is a very important thing with it too. If you set yourself up for success then you can make it happen.
Sounds good, just need to put it into practice!!!!

Hi Alibongo,

I've just come on here for the first time in months and have seen your post. You were around and such a great support when I was losing weight with LL at the same time. You can do it again - good luck!

I have also put on all the weight and feel dreadful about it. I really don't know what to do as money is a problem and erveyone would have some negative things to say about the diet. I really need to do something and WW or Slimming World just doesn't have the same motivation.

Hi Allykat

Really glad you stopped by, I totally understand how you are feeling, I have felt like it for a few months, I tried going back to WW, I tried Atkins again, but I just can't stick to them. I started to feel really desperate about my situation, and like you, couldn't look in the mirror without hating myself.

I have to say 5 days down, 6lbs lighter, and I am feeling fantastic. My thoughts are all positive, and I know I can do this again.

It is a shame you can't manage LL at the moment, but like you say, there are other options.
I wish you the best of luck, and please keep in touch, no matter what option you go for.

Congrats Ali,

What a great result -- I am glad to read that you are feeling so good. I guess the ketosis has kicked in and you are in "weight loss" mode. Be sure to drink your water... I have such a hard time with that myself. :rolleyes:

MinnieMel

I am doing quite well with the water, last time I wasn't at work and I found I was always buzzing around and forgeting, but now I am back at work, I always have a bottle of water on my desk and sip all day. Plus peppermint tea.

Peppermint tea in my hand as I type this! That and black coffee to get me through the nightshift!
I am surprised at how good I am being at the moment. I have tried to get back to this a good few times this year (far too many!!) but never seemed to manage the whole abstinance thing for more than a couple of days. So far, that's almost a week. And, I am feeling great about it.
Hopefully it will continue that way!

you are doing great!
keep it up
daisy x

Well Done SWBT,

I think you are probably past the most difficult part -- getting to ketosis. Now, I feel a little competitive as we started back about the same time. I'm going to telling myself, SWBT is sticking to it... so can you!

MinnieMel

well done girls, we're all doing brilliantly...we CAN do it!!!

just had my second WI and lost 4 and a quarter pounds....waved bye bye to that first stone woohoooooo:D also just realised that i now have less than 50 lbs to lose too:D

here's to a fab week!

Awesome Claire!

I can remember how excited I was when I was no longer obese and "merely" overweight... that will be you soon... very soon!

MinnieMel

I remember that too, and getting under 25!! I am quite excited to be on the journey to that again. Little way to go yet.

A Valentines Day Challege has been issued... you might want to sign on... especially you SWBT! lol

Keep it up guys. You are doing great xx

Back