Slinking back in with tail between legs. . .

I like the avatar pic Karma xx

Ah folks, I will slink back in and join you!! Been messing about for ages and time to sort myself out. Reading this post gave me the oumph to get my head in the right place and started packs again the night before last.
Ali, gosh I remember you, I too did LL back in 2007/2008 and remember the many threads we both posted on at the time!!! I lost 6.5 stone and thought I could take on the world! Felt fantastic and did the whole "not going to put that back on again". Ah, foolish thing that. I stopped going to group after I half heartedly did RTM and felt that I could do it all alone. Oops, guess not then. I am not quite back to where I started but I have put on far more than I ever wanted to and I have a wardrobe full of lovely slinky clothes which laugh at me when I dare to open it. I hate that.
So, I will join you and get back on track with a tentative goal for end of year of being 26.5lbs lighter.
If I am then I am going to treat myself to a pampering day at a local Spa. Always said I would but never got round to it.

Hello SWTBT! Nice to see you again, though sorry its for the reasons you mention - but hey ho! SOmetimes life happens differently then we plan - so good on you for coming back. You will be back to your clinky self in NO time, and then you will have the last laugh on your wardrobe! :)

xx

Hi SWBT :wavey:
Yes, I remember you too. Nice to have another LL buddy, shame we are both back, but we can lick this. I feel very positive about it all.
Does help that I am 2lb down already, by my scales. :D

Good Luck Alibongo,

I am back in abstenance (on day 5) and it is going okay. I feel good that I have made this positive step and I obviously agree with your counsellor, as I decided to start now and feel better in the New Year, when it might be even more to lose. We can do this... we can't change the past, but we can shape the future.

Hi Miniemel
It is nice to have another restarter, there is a nice little group of us to support each other over the festive minefield!

I am a couple of days in now and slowly getting into the swing of it. I am more positive about it this time and I think the mini goal of christmas will help to focus me as I was easily sidetracked before (obviously because I was happy to be sidetracked!! tsk)
Blond Logic, wow, you have done so well. I am in awe at your journey and the end result.
I'm looking forward to dropping in here every day and keeping up with how everyone is doing.
Scales say I am down a few pounds already, know it's just the glycogen store but it's a bit of a kick start that I needed, and yes, I will have the last laugh on that wardrobe of mine!!!
lol

Morning all
Feeling not too bad this morning, I think ketosis is starting to kick in as I didn't wake up hungry, but was hungry after eating my porridge.
Another 2lbs down, by my scales so that is 4 so far.
It is a struggle being hungry and making DD lovely food.

hi there
day 5 for me too - i'm going to be weighed at 2pm and i'm hoping the LLC lets me wee on the stick thing so i can see if i'm in ketosis yet.
I went to a party last night - drove so I could drink water. felt really bad as they had done me a veggie curry - everyone else had meat - but i couldn't eat it.
bonfire party tomorrow - just soaking the mushy peas now, am gutted as they are my favourites!

im hoping this will be a lesson to me 2nd time round not to let things slip again

daisy x

The Flavoured Water Helps Me

Hi Ali,

...but was hungry after eating my porridge.

I use the LL water flavourings and they seem to help me with the hunger. Also, you can have two of the Total Balance Savory Drinks a day, I think. They are like a hot broth.

It is a struggle being hungry and making DD lovely food.

I sip on flavoured water or a cuppa tea whilst cooking. Also, I am kind of a picky eater (hard to believe I got so overweight). So, I would make my family food I did not particulary care for -- stuff they liked but I did not. It was win/win -- they were thrilled and I did not want to eat it.

MinnieMel

feeling a bit down - just had a bit of a bonfire party for the kids.
made proper mushy peas with mint sauce - my fav, fav thing - and couldn't even have a taste!

pretended to drink some red wine

pretended to eat some bonfire toffee

hmmm

roll on tomorrow!
daisy x

Hi Alibongo,

I've just come on here for the first time in months and have seen your post. You were around and such a great support when I was losing weight with LL at the same time. You can do it again - good luck!

I have also put on all the weight and feel dreadful about it. I really don't know what to do as money is a problem and erveyone would have some negative things to say about the diet. I really need to do something and WW or Slimming World just doesn't have the same motivation.

Chin up pup - remember, it is only weeks you are doing this for = not months = those peas will be there again. :) <hugs> You can do this.... :) :)

i know - and believe you me when i can, i will be definately having them-you can't beat home soaked mushies with mint sauce!

x

Welcome Back

Hi Alley Kat,

Welcome back. :wavey:

I have also put on all the weight and feel dreadful about it.

I feel your pain... I had gained back about half of what I lost before I got panicky and decided to do something. :cry: I tried a couple of Lighter Life Lite meetings, but there just wasn't the same close knit support as I found in Foundation. :sigh: I also found that (as I have in the past) that it was hard for me to control portion-size and content for the meals included in the plan. :eatdrink023:
So, I decided to go SS only. I started last Monday and have already taken off 8 pounds. :bliss:

I really don't know what to do as money is a problem and everyone would have some negative things to say about the diet.

I know that this is a LL forum, but there are other SS plans that cost less -- part of the expense of LL is the counseling, but if you have the materials and have been through it already -- maybe you can go with a different (less expensive) plan.

I really need to do something and WW or Slimming World just doesn't have the same motivation.

Perhaps, you could do a less expensive plan and use this site for motivation and (possibly) look into an exercise programme that will provide some support and motivation. :character00116:

I am sure you will do well -- deciding to do it is what it takes. You are on your way back already. :winner:

You go Girl,

MinnieMel

Hi MinnieMel,

Thanks - its nice to hear from someone else restarting. I guess CD is an option and yes, I still have the books and can go through them.

I'm hvaing so much trouble believing I have done this to myself again and hate looking in the mirror.

hi ally
don't beat yourself up too much - at least you are on the right track to sorting it out
good luck with whatever you decide to do
daisy x

We Can Do This...

Hey Alley Kat,

I'm having so much trouble believing I have done this to myself again and hate looking in the mirror. :patback:

I know how you feel -- but I have decided to forgive myself and keep reminding myself that I have successfully lost the weight once, so I know I can do it. And, in some ways it will be easier to do this time because I know what to expect and how to deal with issues like parties, cooking, comments, etc.

We can do this... :girlpower:
MinnieMel

Back