Slinky Slimmer of the Year

I will succeed!!!
We did this at group last night. The lady who won our group SOTY won it and she was so happy she almost cried. She's lost 7 stone and looks really well and she's such a nice woman that I was really happy for her. I gave her my vote anyway.

BUT...as I walked to my car, the woman who does WI caught up to me and told me that she and 3 others she knows of (who sit with her) all voted for me and that they thought I deserved it because I'm (quote) 'lovely and pretty' and was looking great for my weight loss! I said thank you and then sat in my car feeling really happy. I was always called 'plain' at high school and don't have much confidence at all really, so it's made my day! I only lost 1/2lb last night (was gutted at that) but left feeling like I'd got to target.

It reminded me of Hellie's post earlier about compliments and how they boost you. Well, consider me boosted! I'm going to make sure I give someone a heartfelt compliment today too and spread the love a bit :)

Yes the sash would have been great, but just to have been considered was amazing and it's made my decision for me...was umming and ahhing about the gym tonight but I am definately going now :)

Did anyone else do this this week and who won their group's?

xoxoxox

How great, I love it when you get a compliment when you least expect it - I think it shows us how our words and actions do have meaning even it we dont think they do. We have yet to do ours did our voting yesterday so will find out next week. Now store that comment and feeling and use it for when you are feeling down. Nice that she even thought to tell you as well - now go and have a bloody good day with a great big smile on your face!

That's fab!! Bottle that feeling and next time you are feeling unmotivated remember how you feel now :) :)

You deserve a pat on the back anyway, you always take the time to reply to people on here and I for one appreciate it, as reading your posts motivate me!!

Keep up the good work, I'm sending you a virtual sash xx

Aww thanks ladies :)

I was chuffed for the winner - she's one of the nicest ladies ever and is so motivated. 7 stones and been at T for months now and still comes every single week. I hope she does well in the national bit.

I've banked the feeling and walking on air today - it's definately helped stay focused to shed the last lbs anyway. Decided my T is too low so going to lose another 7.5lbs and get to 10stone bang on and see from there. Amended my details to show on here. If when I get there I feel I can shift a few more I'll change it. But I'm aware the last leg will be tougher so it's all go now.

Your comments were lovely - thanks x

My new target is 10 stone exactly, went off the rails and put 3 on last night so got 8.5 pounds to go so I'm with you in the 10 stone battle!! Determined to get back on track now :)

My new target is 10 stone exactly, went off the rails and put 3 on last night so got 8.5 pounds to go so I'm with you in the 10 stone battle!! Determined to get back on track now :)

Well we're pretty much similar then hun! Good luck and keep me posted - we can do it! x

Well done Sticky - you just carry on 'walking on air'!!!

I totally agree with Skinny wannabe82, you always take the trouble to reply to people on here, and really deserve the thanks for that as well.

Keep up that happy feeling and ENJOY your gym class tonight - you know it makes sense!

If you get the chance this week, tell the WI lady how much her remark
boosted you up - make HER feel good as well!

Good Luck with this weeks weigh in, and keep posting and motivating everyone else!!!

How lovely :)
If that is your your consultant said then it must be true. I can tell from your picture that you've got a pretty face and your posts are really friendly. Would have been nice if you had been voted SOTM but at least her comments made you feel like you were :)

Hayley xxx

Well done you! It's a brilliant feeling when you receive a genuine compliment that you did! Hold onto that feeling and let it give you inspiration!

We haven't had our Miss Slinky at group, as yet ........ but I'm looking forward to it! It's a pity your consultant didn't let you know who were in the "running" for the title? Nice of the weigh-in lady to let you know though!

Plain?? Your far from plain and your profile pic shows that, you have a lovely smile and you are pretty :)

Well done xx

I am absolutely thrilled for you chicky! *hugs* What a lovely thing for them to come up to you and say. I wanted to rep you, but I have to spread the love a bit more.

I have upped my T as well, after discussing it with my C. I'm going for 10 bang on (which is 5.5 lbs away after tonight) and then see what happens from there. If I feel like I want to lose more, I will. Apparently if you want to lower your target once you're at goal, you have to do so by at least 7lbs. I didn't know that!

I am really pleased for you, and I think this is such a good boost for you.

Yay! x

Hi Sticky

So glad for you. I amd glad that your weigh in lady took the time to let you know.

Plain? - Did you not have a mirror in high school?

I am joining in with you and Heli in the upping the T club!! I actually officially set my T in class last night and have 2.5 lbs to go now.

I am absolutely thrilled for you chicky! *hugs* What a lovely thing for them to come up to you and say. I wanted to rep you, but I have to spread the love a bit more.

I have upped my T as well, after discussing it with my C. I'm going for 10 bang on (which is 5.5 lbs away after tonight) and then see what happens from there. If I feel like I want to lose more, I will. Apparently if you want to lower your target once you're at goal, you have to do so by at least 7lbs. I didn't know that!

I am really pleased for you, and I think this is such a good boost for you.

Yay! x

Firstly, thanks everyone! Still buzzing from her lovely comment.

And the plain comment...lol...ginger hair (which is unruly and curly whenever it sniffs water), freckles and being someone who actually wanted to learn (read nerd) was not condusive to a happy school time. I wouldn't say I was bullied by any stretch like some kids (physical) but they made life pretty horrid at times. One lad even said that I should the world a favour and erm...well, not be around anymore. I would imagine others on here have gone through similar/worse and know what I mean. Even now I find it hard to see differently sometimes. Anyway - thanks! :D

You have to drop it by 7lbs!!?!? Oh my goodness me that would mean I would have to get to 9stone 7lbs! Eeeks! I may have to have a chat with my C then next group and see what she thinks. I don't want to go that low to be honest, but I might want to drop another 4lbs or so. Might be easier to set it to 9stone10 now and take longer then.

Thanks for that Hellie - I didn't know that!

Hugs to all xxx

Awwwwwww that is fantastic!!!!! xx

Firstly, thanks everyone! Still buzzing from her lovely comment.

And the plain comment...lol...ginger hair (which is unruly and curly whenever it sniffs water), freckles and being someone who actually wanted to learn (read nerd) was not condusive to a happy school time. I wouldn't say I was bullied by any stretch like some kids (physical) but they made life pretty horrid at times. One lad even said that I should the world a favour and erm...well, not be around anymore. I would imagine others on here have gone through similar/worse and know what I mean. Even now I find it hard to see differently sometimes. Anyway - thanks! :D

You have to drop it by 7lbs!!?!? Oh my goodness me that would mean I would have to get to 9stone 7lbs! Eeeks! I may have to have a chat with my C then next group and see what she thinks. I don't want to go that low to be honest, but I might want to drop another 4lbs or so. Might be easier to set it to 9stone10 now and take longer then.

Thanks for that Hellie - I didn't know that!

Hugs to all xxx

Well done chick, that is absolutely fab, i'm really pleased for you, it's made me smile, so i can imagine how you feel about it :D.

I know exactly what you mean though, i've got ginger hair and its curly and does it own thing also, i got called names and things at school, and it still gets to me, i have been blonde for YEARS now and straightened it every day, but i am now basically back to my natural colour and starting to wear my hair curly sometimes again, my OH, says he really likes it natural and so do all my mates, but i always think back to the old days!!!!

Im a red head too and hated my hait as a child!!!

I used to have blonde highlights but i've let them grow out as i have learnt to love my hair colour now :)

Back