Slinky_Malinky's weight loss diary

I'm back on the Bouillion! I didn't feel too bad yesterday evening after my small Saturday diversion, and getting through a mound of ironing made me feel very smug about myself re-embracing the programme. Not least because Slinkyboy decided to order in a p!&&4 for himself, the sod! So I glowered at him over my mound of ironing and left his shirts for him to do himself. (Which I generally do anyway, to be fair...) He is away again for a few days, so at least I there'll be no junk food coming into the house for a while.

Apparently today is the most miserable day of the year, and the day when many people give up on their New Year's resolutions. Well POO to that, I say. I'm not giving up on mine just yet ye doomsayers!

I'm doing okay today with the water intake, and have put a 1.5 litre bottle of tap water in the fridge so I can monitor my intake. I'm hoping to get to Sainsbury's this evening to pick up some of their lovely raspberry and cranberry water. It's delish.

Well done for getting back to it!!

xxx

There is only one thing worse than being in a supermarket aisle full of your favourite sinful foods, and that is being in a supermarket aisle full of your favourite sinful foods that are all marked down to half price. I shielded my eyes as I passed the @!$$4 section and headed straight for “beverages”, which struck me in my sloshy fluidness (I really do seem to slosh when I move at the moment) to be a remarkably posh word for liquid. Thankfully, Sainsbury’s still has their 3 flavoured fizzies for 1.10, so I piled my trolley high and headed to the checkout. I should have just gone straight to the self checkout really. The checkout woman was giving me very peculiar looks. It got me thinking that I must stick out a sore mile to anybody else who is on a VLCD; hovering purposefully around the bottled water section, scrutinizing the ingredients of every bottle; trolley full to the brim with various types of H20. It makes a change I guess, from scrutinizing wine labels to check the alcohol content, and then feeling slightly awkward when you are paying for a case of wine, having bought another case at the same checkout only a week before. They must think I am schizophrenic in that supermarket. Bonkers woman who only buys fluid with an APV of over 12 or kcal of less than 2.

Last edited:
:giggle:

xx

Day, um, lost count, in the Slinky house. Weigh in day. Week two -5lbs. Really pleased and somewhat surprised, as I thought it would be lower. However, everyone has different rythyms and I'll probably have no loss or 1lb next week. Saying that, I felt very peculiar this morning. Shaky, weak, nauseous, and freezing with freezing hands and feet. I felt that faint that I thought I wouldn't be able to take the kids to school. Unfortunately my neighbour had already gone and I couldn't get through to her, so I had to just drag myself there and back. I then felt significantly worse. Very very peculiar. After posting on here (as much really to register myself in case someone came in to find me dead in the bed) I dragged myself over to the kettle and made a cup of tea, and doing what I would do to someone else if they were feeling faint, I put a spoon of sugar in. (This may be totally the wrong thing to do to a person who is faint, but it's a bad habit I picked up off my mother, and hard to shake.) I drank it, went to bed, fell asleep, and now am sat up typing, and feeling a million miles better.
So I'm wondering, is it possible I'm simply losing too fast for my body size? Or, as suggested on my thread, that I haven't been drinking enough? Either way, I'm going to up the water, and space it out more. And I'm going to space out the shakes by dividing them up.

Well done Slinky. Ive had the dizziness as well - it only happened once but went on for hours and it really wasnt nice at all. I couldnt even stand up with it. Hopefully you wont have it again but be careful anyway.

Whoop! Well I've reached the one stone off mark and pretty pleased with myself. I have only gone down by one measly ell bee this week, but to be honest, my losses were so ridiculously high for the previous two weeks I'm not surprised that it's evening out a bit. :)

Aw, thanks Joanne. I need to keep thinking that way though, and big it up to myself. I have lost a stone in 3 weeks. And although the losses are likely to slow down a bit, there is nothing to stop me losing another stone by the end of February. However, I am just getting so bored with this now. And then I am beating myself up mentally for being so ungrateful for this opportunity to lose weight and get healthier. Of course, such negative thinking is feeding (if you pardon the pun) the tendency to go "oh SOD it!" and reach for the jelly beans. :(

One thing it definitely is is boring. The distinct lack of variety and textures means it can definitely be hard work. Just think how worth it it will be though when you do lose the weight and are looking fabulous in those black skinnies. ;)

WHAT a bloody weekend! On friday evening I was sighing to myself. "If only I had an excuse for a pig out." Well, I've had a couple of excuses and I've had my blow out, and I'm feeling well rubbish now. I spent a couple of hours in A&E with my daughter getting her glued after an argument with a pavement, and then the curry house after (she loves it, and I wanted to treat her after the trauma.) Cue me downing my body weight in Prawn Tikka Masala and Pilau, followed by my body weight plus in Haagen Daas and Wine. Day two of traumatic weekend in the slinky house, and having had a lovely day with the kids, putting the kids to bed realise that my little one has left his favourite toy/sucky somewhere, and he is distraught. I have phoned the cinema, the restaurant, scoured the house, the car, the pavements around our house, and nothing. Bludderly BLah blah blinky blurgh. He is quiet now, and hopefully nodding off, but I will have to search the high street tomorrow for a replacement, and wash it several times at 90 to try and get it as used. Even so, I'm not sure it will have the same inane expression of the original... If I had a bottle of Baileys and some Ice, I'd forgo the glass and just knock it back clinging on to the neck. Feck the diet! :break_diet:

Aww Slinky, I'm so sorry you've had a crappy weekend but its time to draw a line under it and start afresh tomorrow.

Sorry to bring a downer on anyone reading my diary. But I'm really struggling. I don't know if it is a week 4 thing, or if it is just a "I'm so frigging bored I could eat my earwax!" thing, but I am failing left right and centre.

I'm not in ketosis any more, AS IF! With the amount of carbs I've consumed in the last few days I would probably re-float the titanic.
It's so dispiriting. I'm beginning to feel that I'm fundamentally addicted to food and drink and there is no way out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame anyone but myself for this, but i feel like I'm the (fat) moth throwing myself against the hot bulb. Or the chronically unfit, overweight stumpy sheep hurling itself against a cliff face covered with mountain goats. A stumpy sheep with an addiction to pizza express and chilled sauvignon blanc. And chips. And everywhere my lack-of-willpower-ass looks or turns, I see "You CAN have this! You CAN get this! Pick up a phone! Pull out a fiver! Easy!"

Not sure where this leaves me really. But I am a million miles behind you guys on here who are sticking it out and hanging on in there. You are an inspiration. Meanwhile, I am just, well, rubbish. :(

BUT your still on here and that has to mean something, i think after your crappy weekend and stuff its fantastic your still on here, how many people do you think start this diet, have weekends like yours and totally give up, be proud of yourself, your determination, if it takes a little while to get back on track then so be it, but you will get back on track, believe it, believe in yourself, you will do it, you will be that skinny bird you've always wanted to be YOU CAN DO IT, and well done you for still posting. Sending encouraging hugs xxx :hug99:

:sniff: (I'm a bit wibbly and teary tonight)

Seriously. I need to bring this back.

It's just gutting that after weeks of hard work I'll have to start all over. Oh BLAH!

Thanks though Jan. I will try and start again. Clean slate. From scratch. Tomorrow.

I'm off to bed tonight. Line under.

Your welcome, sleep well, see you back here bright and early lol xx

Believe me Slinky you're not the only one struggling. I decided yesterday that I'm going to do WS coz I'm just not managing TS at all right now. There is too much else going on in my life right now to give up food as well. If you really do feel the need to binge/eat then just try to keep it as low carb as you can. That's what I do - yesterday I managed to replace one of my shakes with some low carb cake and followed it later with some low carb sweets, lol.

Back