Slinkydawg's mainly red dairy - 3rd attempt

Hi Kelly you are still doing really well. sorry i have not been on for a bit
i have lost the willpower just dont know what to do at mo, dont know wether
to do weight watchers or slimming world cant decide, but i need to do something
i feel so fat.
keep up the good work love Sue xxxx

Sorry to hear that sue. I can give you all the encouragement in the world but I know as well as anyone, if your head isn't in it, then it's 100% harder. Hope you can get your head round it again. I'm really enjoying it at the moment, especially now the scales are moving after 3 week frozen to the same lb!!! Do you have an event coming up that you could set yourself a mini goal for?

Morning all

Feeling positive still - this must be a record for me! Hayfever starting to affect me over the past few days and im absolutely exhausted with it. My eyes are watering and im sneezing and have an itchy throat. The perils of summer eh?

Wednesday 30th May - Red day
B: hot water and lemon, apple
S: mini prawn salad and salad cream (1 syn)
S: tortilla chips and salsa (5 syns)
L: ryvitas (b), phili (a) and smoked salmon
S: yog
S: melon
D: steak, actifried chips/roasties (b), veggies, cheese sauce (3 syns)

Hey hun, hope you have a great day and that your hayfever calms down soon. I am starting with it a little bit too, have a really runny nose and seem to be doing nothing but sneezing! Grr..

Yesterday ended up being a complete disaster food wise. I had a real sweet tooth and nothing could get rid. I just ate and ate and ate, and im disgusted with myself. Heres hoping for a better day today and that yesterday wont affect my efforts this week.

Todays food - Thursday 31st May - Red day
B: grapes
S: mini prawn salad
S: tinned mackerel in tom sauce
L: ryvitas, phili
S: melon
S: nachos, salsa (5 syns)
D: belly pork - eek, actifried chips and ?

Guess thats not the best evening meal but its defrosted now and im having it!

Hey hun, miss seeing you around. Hope you are well xx

Hey hun, miss seeing you around. Hope you are well xx

Thanks chick. Not doing very well. This diet is so good and yet i cannot stick to it. Why is that? Ive actually had a few good days but the last week has been horrendous. I dont know whats wrong with me. I have NO willpower whatsoever and its getting me down to be honest.

Ill be on to have a catch up with your diary later on. Thanks for the nudge, ill be updating from next week i hope.

Thanks chick. Not doing very well. This diet is so good and yet i cannot stick to it. Why is that? Ive actually had a few good days but the last week has been horrendous. I dont know whats wrong with me. I have NO willpower whatsoever and its getting me down to be honest.

Ill be on to have a catch up with your diary later on. Thanks for the nudge, ill be updating from next week i hope.

Nothing is wrong with you hun. We all have blips along the way, lord knows I've lost count of how many I've had! Will be right here if you need anything, I know you can do it!! :) xx

Here i am. After a fairly positive week, im having another go at updating my diary. I was getting so fed up of starting the day with all good intentions and then having to restart again the following day. Ive managed a full week of behaving and although ive only lost 1lb, im looking forward to another positive week.

Monday 25th June - Red day
B: hot choc (2 syns), apple, banana
S: mushroom soup - all hail Princess Stevie for her fabulously simple yet delicious mushroom soup recipe
S: mini babybells (ha)
L: bacon, egg and new potato salad (1/4 hb) salad (2 syns for salad cream)
S: melon and grapes
S: activia vanilla yog with syn free lemon curd stirred in
D: lamb kebabs with tortilla wrap (9 syns) and salad (2 syns for mayo)

So thats only 1 ha and 1/4 of a hb. Ill prob have an alpen light later or maybe even some porrige if i fancy later

Well, i know i shouldnt, but i did - i weighed myself this morning and somehow ive gained 8oz. Im not annoyed because i know i shoudnt have looked, but i was sooooooo good yesterday.

Tuesday 26th June - Red day
B: Hot choc, apple, porridge (hb)
S: mushroom soup
L: prawn and egg salad
S: melon, grapes
D: bolognase with millions of veggies, spaghetti (hb) and cheese (ha)
S: yog and lemon curd

Still feeling really positive, again, but I'm hoping to stick with it longer than a week this time!! I've been out for lunch and managed to have a completely syn free lunch, and I've gotten to almost 7pm without any of my hb's and only one ha.

Wednesday 27th June-red day
B, 1/2 melon and hot choc. 2 syns
L, mushroom and onion omelette with large salad
S, mini babybells. Hxa
S, mini hazelnut wafer and choc. 6 syns
D, cod with rice and veggies. 10 syns for rice
S, activia yog with syn free lemon curd

It's a lot of syns I guess for nothing special but I'm eating significantly better than I have done recently so I'm happy with going over slightly.

Nice to see you sounding so positive again!! This is your week :) Have a great one x

Had a busy day and didnt get chance to update yesterday. I ended up having about 20 syns though as i didnt realise that hubby was frying my fish (in garlic butter :rolleyes:) rather than baking it, however, it was beautiful and one musnt moan when dinner is being cooked for them!!

Anyways, back to it:
Friday 29th June - extra easy
B: crunchy bran (B), milk (1/2 A)
S: boiled egg
L: smoked salmon salad, mini babybell (1/2 A)
S: grapes, yog
D: crispy chilli beef, chicken wings, rice, mushrooms and onions

Still not doing well and am currently not loving myself. I've been reading some diary posts and have dug my old sw mags out and have decided to give ee a go. I opted for red days originally as I wanted faster results but having lost approx 1lb over the past year, I figure I'm going nowhere fast so I'm going for the 'easy' route. Watch this space. X

Here i am with my new start (4 days before i go on holiday - but you gotta start somewhere right?) on Extra Easy. As i said yesterday, ive spent a year trying to loose weight at a decent rate by doing red days. I enjoy red days as we love meat in our house, but im taking extra easy at its name, and im hoping for an easier way round losing weight. Here goes:

Monday 16th July - EXTRA EASY
B: hot choc (2 syns), banana, apple
S: mini pot of ham, eggs and cherry tomatoes
L: salad - lettuce, toms, cucumber, spring onions, boiled egg, fillet of smoked salmon, salad cream (2 syns)
S: apple, yog
S: homemade mushroom soup (mushrooms, onions, stock, garlic, cream fraiche)
D: chicken thighs (marinated and cooked on BBQ) with rice (boiled rice, mixed with sauted onions, tin of tomatoes, stock) and small salad
S: Yog

Does that sound ok? All advice/critisism greatfully received.

Wednesday 28th July
Break up from work today until 30th July so this is where i need to be strict - however i go on holiday on Friday, so not sure how thats going to work out. Anyways, being good for now at least.
B: banana, yog
L: pub lunch - hopefully spanish omlette with large salad
S: ?
D: 3 x aldi beef sausages (no idea of syns), with mash, veggies and onion gravy

Righto, back off Hols and 5lbs up!!!! I'm still hoping to go for ee and see how I do for a while. Am feeling quite uncomfortable in my clothes right now so need to get my finger out!!
Saturday 28 July-ee
B/L: cold bacon, boiled egg and cherry toms
S: apple
S: mint choc feast (was asked if I wanted an ice cream and declined but ended up with one anyway- no idea of syns
D: out at BBQ so today isn't turning out to be the best day. Am avoiding the bread but not sure what else is there just yet.

Ok, day one of my fresh start. I weighed myself at 10.13 today, which means that i only gained 3lbs on holiday but still, that was 3lbs that really didnt need to go on!! Im sticking with the Extra Easy seeing as i didnt really give it a proper go last week.
Monday 30th July - Extra Easy
B: lemon water, banana, strawberries
S: S&S mug shot
L: spanish omelette with salad
S: grapes, yog
D: 3 x aldi beef sausages (not sure on syns yet), mash, veggies, onions and mushrooms and a splash of gravy
HXB: 1 x aldi cereal bar and 1 x alpen light
HXA: Not sure yet
Syns: ill guess at 8 to be safe (for sausages, gravy and oil for omelette)

1st day back at work today and im mad, crazy busy but needed to get this on before i dont get round to it.

Last edited:
Back