Slo-Mo for me now.

MrC

Weigh-in number 11 for me today and only 2lbs lost this time although in truth I'm not that disappointed. I think it shows that I'm getting near the right weight for me and as long as I lose each week I have to be happy.

I'll be doing LT for two more weeks now then I think my refeed will start. I could happily start that today but has I'm in the middle of a kitchen refit it's easier for me to make shakes/soup than it is to cook real food, and if I manage another 4-5lbs in that time then great.

My total lost now is 3st 4lbs and my bmi is down to 25.

Fantastic, glad to hear you are near your goal after all the hard work:)

Well done MrC...you have done amazing! Losing weight is the new addiction when you get into it !! :)

Well done MrC you have done amazing!!! It's great how losing weight becomes the new addiction when you get into it!!! :)

And it's so good......I posted it twice : p

11 weeks... You deserve a medal! Well done!

Thanks all.

I'm actually looking forward to my refeed now - not so much for the food but for the excitement and tension of it all. Will I gain? Will I lose? I think I'll lose weight between now and then just through nervous tension! :D

Oh, and am I allowed to blame this weeks 2lb on TOTM - pleeeease! (I feel so left out) :p

lol! well done MrC that's amazing! :)

hehehehe we'll let you blam eit on totm - id be so pleased if that was me hehehehe. WELL DONE MR C x

Haha You men couldn't handle totm lol

Gosh I admire your staying power well done on getting down to a healthy bmi of 25 I bet you get lots of comment of people withthat weight loss. Did you start out with the intention of staying on LP for the long hall? Has it felt like forever? Oh and 2lb lost on your totm is exellent lolol

Thanks.

People I haven't seen for a while notice my weight loss the most, obvioiusly, but when my best mates comment that really is something. We've all grown up together and after 30+ years are far more likely to take the P out of each other tha say anything nice.

The funny thing is I've had almost as many people comment in a negative way, usually my direct family but even my nextdoor neighbour. The funy thing is each one of them that has told me I'm looking a bit skinny, my face is a bit gaunt, etc. have also been more than a touch overweight themselves. I don't think any of them have said it to be nasty - they just have a different weight ideal to me.

When I started on LT I didn't really have a fixed goal - I just said I'll do it until my birthday which happens to be Friday. I almost gave up in week 3 as I really struggled to get the shakes down - they just made me gag and I had to skip a couple that week. It got easier again after that and with the weight dropping I was back on track.

In the meantime I ripped my kitchen out (I've been going a kitchen extension for the last 18months) and without a sink and cooker it's become a pain to prepare food. The shakes and soup are much more convenient at the moment and I think it'll be another two weeks before I get my oven back so that's when I plan to start my refeed.

As it is I won't be out celebrating my birthday like I usually do by going for a meal with my wife and a few friends - that's now been postponed until a week or two after the refeed has finished. The bonus there is I can put off getting older for another month or so. :p

I have to go out with a load of my mates in a fortnights time as three of us have bithdays early April and we celebrate en mass. This celebration would normally involve lots of alcohol and a kebab on the way home but this year, for me , it will be bottled water and nothing else. They can scrape me off the floor a month or so later! At least I will be able to drive myself home this time.

Being on LT if more a convenience thing than a weight thing for me now. Any weight that comes off now I consider a bonus so I really don't mind if it's only a couple of lbs. I am ready to refeed and as soon as I can I will be doing so but if things transpire to keep me on TFR for three or 4 weeks then I'm ok with that.

Hmmm, sorry for all the waffle - I only wanted to say thanks for the great comments. :D

Still a brill loss and if your near to refeed it does slow down. Well done on your overall loss hun, over 3st in 11 weeks is fab :D

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You have done amazing on ur lt journey.....I can't wait to get there! That's a fab idea holding ur birthday for a while....stay younger for longer! Your wife must be delighted with her 'new' husband lol
The comments from people are lovely but I know I tend to hold on to the negative ones and ignore the good ones.....not now...I have found in the past too the negative ones are spoken with a twang of jealousy!!! Positive from now on! I can't wait til someone tells me I look gaunt!!! :)

MrC.....you must love all the ladies attention on here lol : p

Last edited:
I cannot tell a lie - I do enjoy it. It's the support I guess I need, being as old and vain as I am! :p

There are quite a few men on the forum but the women do seem to be that bit more 'vocal'. If nothing else, I think it's helping me get in touch with my feminine side. :D

Firstly MrC i do empathise with your TOTM pmsl but also you have been an inspiration to a load of people on here and to be honest i have enjoyed reading your posts. Your weight loss is impressive and i bet your wife is loving the new you and as for your birthday all i can say is you enjoy it and congratulations. Also i want to say goodluck to your wife on getting her new kitchen finnished, as all us women know its the most important room in the house, well next to the bedroom that is lol anyhows goodluck with the rest of your journey xx

Back