Slow and steady like the turtle not the hare - progress photos

Thanks guys.

Sorry no update for the last few weeks, not that there'd be much difference for the past 2 weeks anyway. My off diet times have finally caught up with me and put on 0.5lbs last week (also totm to blame a little me thinks) and this week sts. not too bad really considering, tis the first gain since august, Although strangely I still lost 1/4 inch off my waist?
But I've made a decision in a determination for this not to freefall into reverse and put loads of weight back on. I've decided that as I have my Birthday next week, closely followed by 2 close friends birthdays then christmas, and then a bit more traveling about for work I'm going to maintain where I am until the new year then start back properly watching the low carbing style again then rather then the half baked approach that I'm doing at the moment. If I loose a lb or 2 between now and then all the better but I'm feeling good body wise at the moment. Think it's always good to make realistic plans to stick to rather then crazy goal and fail at them. Will keep up at the gym though - been pretty rubbish and only been twice in the last 2 weeks but will get back to twice a week until christmas disrupts my flow.

Does anyone else find low carbing easier in the summer/slightly warmer times of year. Not really feeling the salads or just meat and veg when it's frosty outside want stews with pearl barley with crusty bread :)

Now I've got a plan am feeling better about christmas and not worrying about a tiny gain becoming a massive snowball. I'm looking forward to a clean planned re-start in the new year as I can see through my progress photos how far i've come in 3 months. Am a little worried that the gym is going to get packed with all the eager beaver new years resolutionists with the same idea of a January start...oh well, it'll be quiet again by Feb I guess.

alie, I always go on strict induction prior to a known function or party, I know I'm not going to be able to eat properly so if I can lose a few pounds before I blow out then that helps.

Well done, hope your getting back on target

Happy new year :)

Thanks twingirl, that's the plan anyway.

this is the post i've been dreading the most...the post christmas write up.

My christmas plan to maintain didn't go as well as planned, needless to say the festivities (and the several tins of chocolates that we're freely avaliable throughout) didn't do me any favours. so heres the damage..no hiding now.

I'm pretty angry with myself, I went back up to 14st. I couldn't even maintain for 6 weeks!!! That was definately due for the most part to greed and laziness, what got me here in the first place. I stopped being strict and low carbing and started helping myself to handfuls of colorfully wrapped chocolates instead and not going to the gym at all. so obviously i haven't quite got my head around portion control and self control yet. 2 things i need to do if i'm going to maintain it after i've lost it all, i actually need to think about things rather then just cut out one food type if i'm going to change the way that i think - This is going to be harder then i thought.

Currently I'm at 191.5
(up only 5.5 lbs on my lowest weight from last year rather then up 9lbs to 14st i was on the 7ht Jan) so am getting back on track. Can't believe that i put on 3.5 lbs in the first week of jan - i thought new years we're supposed to help you loose weight?
Haven't quite got a solid plan yet about food but i know i have my years gym membership so need to use that at least twice a week to make it worth while. Have managed that since the new year - all 2 weeks of it :) and have been cutting down on the extra food, especially the chocolatey-sugary things for the past week. So far it seems to be working.

By boxing day i knew i'd put on a little weight but it was ok, manageable- was at 13st 7lbs (189) so most of the damage was done in the 2 weeks after christmas, when i started to have this silly thing in my head that if it's in the house i should eat it to get it out of the way so i can't eat it all tomorrow.
This is ludicrous i know!
and logic tells me that i should just have 1 biscuit if i really want one or not at all but this ridiculous thought keeps coming into my head that the way to get it out of my sight and off my mind is to eat it!

Since the 7th Jan have signed up to my fitness pal to track my eating and get a real sense of quantity and calorie intake. and my real sense so far has told me that the quantity is the real issue. TBH I'm not really aware of the nutritional make up of the food i eat so am learning alot.

My sister has her 21st birthday in 2 weeks time at the end of the month so would really like to be back to where i was before i made a planned break and then didn't stick to the plan!!!

So new plan.
1. use expensive membership at least once a week, pref 2-3.
2. think about the food that i'm putting into my body in terms of quantity - what i eat is not overly bad on a whole.
3. breath and have a glass of water when getting cabin fever.
4. review at the end of the month.

Right, now that's off my chest, i hope you haven't got too bored reading all. here are the pictures from Jan 1st, not too much damage but i can feel it on my.

39291-albums2768-picture17351.jpg
39291-albums2768-picture17352.jpg

night night.

A xxx

Last edited:
Hi alie, I put son a ton over christmas and new year, way worse than you love. LOL. I'm back on strict induction and it's all coming off I'm pleased to say. You look great darling, well done.

Thanks Jim,
I don't think mine is coming off as quick as yours but it's coming off again at least.
hope your back to normal again soon.
A x

I should be back to posted weight by the end of the month love. :)

That sounds good :) well done.

Keep up the good work alibum, a real difference in your photos, very toned. x

thanks River1275, Wannabe Weeney and Flutterby :)

this week down 0.5lb, not a lot but still a loss so not complaining and waist, hip and bust all down half an inch since new year. was a 33inch waist in November so aim is to get back there - at 34.5 now so 1.5 to go - just got to keep at the gyming and situps and not eating junck and it will come :)

Heres last Fridays pictures. am at 13st 9 in these (191)
have been going to the gym like a good girl but met my friend for lunch at cafe rouge.....oh dear 1488 kcal for a steak baguette...HOW?? but it was good so eat, enjoy, don't do that too often and will be ok, not sure how my w/i will be on friday though. have my sisters 21st party to go to this friday so a nice chance to dress up and show off a bit :)

Attachments

• 25.1:11.jpg
    25.1:11.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 87
  • 25:1:11.jpg
    25:1:11.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 100
Hi Alie, looking good as usual love, well done. :)

Back