Extra Easy Slow and Steady wins the race! target here I come

Timeforchange6

Hello all,

I joined slimming world over 2 years ago now one baby later ( my 7th baby) he completes our family, I still went to group throughout my pregnancy and stalled a little after he was born but slowly the pounds have been coming away and I am slowly getting there at last, my hubby is a target member now he lost 6 stone and I have at least another 2 and a half stone to go as I am quite small. 4ft 10 inches.

So lots done and more to do I guess and hoping this helps me reach target and keeps me motivated and on track especially as we are so close to Christmas and worse the lead up to Christmas :eek:

I also started C25k in August and completed it about 3 weeks ago and ran in my first 5K race at the weekend for Movember I got a lovely headband and medal and just so proud of myself I never thought when I began I would be able to run longer than 3 minutes never mind 5 and now running over 30 minutes and not too shabby a time either 31 minutes! go me I knew there had to be an upside to running with my hubby who is much faster and I always feel like I am chasing his heels and like I am going snail pace. :D

So where I am at now is, 6 pounds away from my Christmas wish which is; lose 6 pounds and get my next slimming world award ! going to do it!
here some highlights from so far!
A picture I am proud of me at the end of a pregnancy with my 6th baby and were I did not follow slimming world I gained a lot close to 15 stone after I had him compared to my last baby were I did follow slimming world and what I gained during pregnancy was gone by the time I went back to group at first weigh in I lost 25.05 pounds helps keep me motivated when I feel I should be further along in my journey or even at target by now.

I must do a before and as I am now picture to share soon
anyway if you managed to read all that and are still here thanks so much!

Attachments

• for slimming world.jpg
    for slimming world.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 23
Food for today so far,
Breakfast: bacon,tomato,mushroom,tomato omelette
Snack: HiFI bar
Lunch chilli with cous cous and chopped tomatoes
yogurt

exercise for today, is running tonight with local running club

Last night I had roast chicken, slimming world oxo roasties and lots of veg it was just what I needed after running in the rain Tuesday nights is training with local running club and we are slowly building our distance and I love running in a group setting I do not know why but I find it easier. I have to say at last there is a huge advantage to running with my faster hubby! I am a stronger runner for it! one of the trainers said I was very strong and did very well! gave me some tips for getting rid of a stitch as well! but I am more than a little delighted with receiving the complement.
Food so far today,
was eggs, bacon, tomato, mushrooms and a cup of coffee! not sure what I will do for lunch yet!

feeling a bit nervous about WI tomorrow, although I have been on plan all week I feel like I will see a gain especially after all the exercise, I had sore muscles after running in the race which was 5K and then walking around Dublin zoo which was 11K my thighs and tummy muscles are all feeling it :) and from experience when I feel like this I do see a gain! I must take out the measuring tape I have a feeling that is where I will see progress this week.

OMG. Did I read that right, you've had 7 kids
?! I thought two was hard work. Well done on going to class through your pregnancy though, bet that made such a difference. I really wish I'd done that when I was pregnant with my youngest. I just ate for Britain with him and had a crap pregnancy as a result. I ended up in hospital at 37 weeks with bells palsy and preeclampsia.

What have you set as your target? I'm another shorty, and I'm not sure where I want to end up. The lightest I've ever been was 9 1/2 stone, but I still felt like I had more to lose then. I wasn't really doing it in a very sustainable way then and I worry trying to go any lower would be too much hard work.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be fine. I know what you mean about muscle sore though and unfortunately it can mean holding onto water weight. I'm sure you will see a good loss next week regardless.

OMG. Did I read that right, you've had 7 kids
?! I thought two was hard work. Well done on going to class through your pregnancy though, bet that made such a difference. I really wish I'd done that when I was pregnant with my youngest. I just ate for Britain with him and had a crap pregnancy as a result. I ended up in hospital at 37 weeks with bells palsy and preeclampsia.

What have you set as your target? I'm another shorty, and I'm not sure where I want to end up. The lightest I've ever been was 9 1/2 stone, but I still felt like I had more to lose then. I wasn't really doing it in a very sustainable way then and I worry trying to go any lower would be too much hard work.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be fine. I know what you mean about muscle sore though and unfortunately it can mean holding onto water weight. I'm sure you will see a good loss next week regardless.

Yep 7 little ones 6 boys and only 1 girl she was my 4th baby! I think it is harder with only 2 I feel it when I am home alone with the 2 youngest when the older ones are home they help out so I can get things done. pregnancy is hard going you always hear, you are eating for two and you do relax and splurge out but I couldn't I had Gestational diabetes and needed a lot of insulin. on my 6th baby even though I was being good well no sweet things the weight just piled on I was still overeating! I could not believe it when I had him and had to send hubby out to get me something to wear leggings a vest top and a shirt all size 18 to 20 I was a size 16 before pregnancy.
So following SW on my 7th made such a difference I was back in size 16 and back to the same weight, I was when I found out I was pregnant.

I am thinking I might go by clothes size for my target! in my younger years I was very fit and I worked with horses so I was at my lightest 8 and a half stone to just over 9 stone but I was all muscle so I think whatever weight I am when I fit into a size 10 depending on how I look in it LOL I may push for a size 8 but doubt it to be honest, I won't be aiming for the weight the BMI chart suggests for my height to skinny I want to be healthy and slim not skin and bones

I think I am holding on to water this week so won't be to bummed if I see a maintain or up a little this week! I did a lot of extra exercise this week

Thanks for commenting :)

I meant to post what I had for dinner last night! but we had a power cut and no internet for hours actually it was lovely kids actually really enjoyed it!
Lunch was frittata with salad and some potatoes.
dinner was sweet and sour pork with rice yogurt and Hifi bar for a snack

then Bed!
This morning I had
2 poached eggs, mushrooms, and bacon and a slice of homemade bread syned that!

So weigh in Later and expecting a STS or a small gain! but I know it is not from being off plan so it will be gone next week

Hope you did ok at weigh in!

Oh no hope everything is back up and running after the powecut! Glad the kids enjoyed it. Guess it probably is easier having the order boys to help out with the little ones. My two are both still little, eldest is 3 and a half and youngest is 18 months, so they both still need a lot of my attention!

my two youngest are 3 years and baby is 1 tomorrow :) its a fun age but busy age lol they keep us very busy

I was up 1 pound but I expected it I think it is water retention so it will come off again next week

Good day food and exercise wise happy with my day
for Breakfast I had french toast with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms
snack was a yogurt
Lunch was a slimming world meal pasta and meatballs
snack hifi bar
Dinner spaghetti bolognese
and I am planning on having a hot chocolate with some mini marshmallows for 3 syns using my HEA
also
An off scale victory I have dropped a clothes size but I am still so happy to be able to pick up a smaller size and have them fit and fit well no muffin top yay! can not wait to fit into a size 12

Attachments

• 14947721_10154578335261877_5586339889248825192_n.jpg
    14947721_10154578335261877_5586339889248825192_n.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 13
Exercise tonight was a run and my first time running 7K delighted with myself I was slow but it was not about speed tonight it was distance and I was pushing the baby in the buggy ! The weather was horrible it was windy and raining but not cold thankfully! I am hoping to get to 10K and possibly further may even do a Marathon yet! :)

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 15073439_10154579281711877_6744142880656478922_n.jpg
    15073439_10154579281711877_6744142880656478922_n.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 15
well it has been an awful last few days, I got out for a run Saturday morning with local running club and it was great fun really enjoyed it ! but came back did not feel 100% but ok stayed on plan all day helped my sister pack as she is moving house and while there my 8 and 5 year old started getting sick! then baby and I were not well so I was wrecked with lack of sleep and sick kids everywhere was not able to eat for over 24 hours myself. so hope that does not stop me from seeing a loss on the scales on Thursday.

Happy to report all is back to normal, eating normally and running tonight
This morning I had a Slimming world fry all free
lunch is , Omellette with SW chips
snack was a yogurt
2 ginger biscuits4syns
Dinner is mince with potatoes
still have my HEB so might have a hifi bar later

Good day food and exercise wise happy with my day
for Breakfast I had french toast with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms
snack was a yogurt
Lunch was a slimming world meal pasta and meatballs
snack hifi bar
Dinner spaghetti bolognese
and I am planning on having a hot chocolate with some mini marshmallows for 3 syns using my HEA
also
An off scale victory I have dropped a clothes size but I am still so happy to be able to pick up a smaller size and have them fit and fit well no muffin top yay! can not wait to fit into a size 12

:woohoo:Brill about the jeans...well done, all your hard work is worth it x

Thank's Caroline and Tibbs :) weigh in later on this evening! on my smaller jeans they are loose around my waist this morning I take that as a good sign inches have been lost lol

I never got to run yesterday and debating heading out this afternoon but someone told me to be careful doing that on Weight in day as it can have a negative effect! I am not sure how true that is but I am wondering now! :eek:

Breakfast was pocahed eggs, beans bacon and a slice of home made bread 4 syns
Lunch: cous cous, chicken, salad and tomatoes, with some fat free salad dressing
Dinner: is stew

I hope I can get some of the new HIFI bars this evening in group!

well I went out running and ran 8k :) pushing the baby in the buggy

But at group tonight I was down 4 pounds whoo hoo delighted!!! 3 pounds to go to my next award so much for all my worrying

I keep forgetting to update! The week so far has bean good, had a surprise 40th on Saturday which I made slimming world friendly food for so nibbled on that instead of all the chips, sausage rolls etc we were so busy we did not get time for a dinner so I cooked 3 slimming world sausages and ate those. actually worried I did not eat enough that day I did not drink so do not have to worry about that.
rest of week has been good all on plan, I have even got out running the last few nights Monday night run was very hard! it was bitterly cold and windy and I am not sure what happened but I could not catch my breath and got an awful stitch in my whole tummy! but I kept going and ran 5k last night I got out with my local running club we have been doing couch to 5 K with them and ran 5K as well we had a great time!

we have our practice run on this Saturday for our jingle bread run on the 4th of December I am looking forward to it!

food today will be
Breakfast: eggs, bacon, tomato, 2 sw sausages and 2 slices of begood bread ( HEB) syns for butter and ketchup
Lucnh: Butternutsquash soup
Dinner: pork, potatoes, veg

Thanks Jules :)

I had a very busy weekend again! met with my running club for a run Saturday it was a practice for the 5K jingle bell run on the 4th of December it was a great run but tough! it is uphill in a lot of places so felt nervous after we had finished! I hope to get out and run it again this week with hubby before Sunday. I am trying to rest my shins they are hurting a lot my own fault I upped my mileage too quickly I hope they hold out this week and then I will pull back and let them heal and run again. Sunday we spent the day in my dads helping my sister move in next door to my nana's old house!
Food over the weekend was on plan although I did not track my sysns on Saturday which has me nervous I always like to know where I am if I need to pull back and by how much! so I will stick to at least 5 a day and have loads of speed veg and fruit if I am hungry!

Sunday was a slimming world fry , soup , bacon, oxo roasties, baby potatoes and veg syns in crisps 4.5 and HIFI bar used my HEB on bread
Monday toasted ham and cheese sandwich, lunch potatoes and omelette, dinner ;main meal minestrone snacked on a hifi bar, 1 biscuit, apple x2, banana and yoghurt.
Today I had eggs bacon tomato and Mallon sausages, used my HEB on bread
I am not sure what I will do for lunch or dinner yet :D I will have to get the thinking cap on!

exercise tonight is back down to running club for another run! I will be taping my poor shins and hope they are ok :banana_dancer: just found that crazy dude hehehehe funny LOL

Back