slow and steady wins the race this time :)

Nursefoodie

Hi there :)

Well its cringe tastic to think that ive started numerous diaries on here over the years and always end up back! :eatdrink051: I think with age ive finally realised that fad diets will not work in the long run. Ive done them all! you name it, ive tried it! and in fairness, they do work, I just dont think they are sustainable long term! so here I am, back to my beloved slimming world.

A little abt me, im Louise, aged 33 and a nurse. Born and bred up north but now living in the channel isles. My weight has fluctuated over the years, ive been skinny and ive also been bigger than I am now. I lost a shedload of weight following a horrid breakup 3 years ago, then I found my happy again last year and with that I gained back a few pounds lol! so I am aiming like always for the wonder that is 10 stone, that means I have 6 stone 12 3/4 pounds to lose. But im resigning myself to whatever happens each day/week/weigh in, I will just plod along with slimming world until I reach goal.

I intend to use this as a weight/food diary. Im one of those people who feels better when things are orderly and written down! I've actually ordered a weight loss journal off amazon too, looks quite cool, so I will try and write in it lol! i actually started sw last week, i lost 2lbs in my first week, now i know thats not huge for a first week, but i had valentines day, an evening out and also a night out to celebrate passing some uni stuff! :woohoo:So im happy with that, hoping for a bit more this week.

So todays food is as follows, was low on syns yesterday which is good as ive gone over today! made the mistake of not eating lunch, have builders in the house, but ended up eating rich tea, have had some chicken and bits now. Anyhoo, its fine, will take it off the weekly total.

Thanks for reading if you have, hope i havent bored you to sleep with my ramblings lol :p xxx

Hex B Wholemal Pitta
Hex A 500 mls Almond Milk

Breakfast
Ham pitta, tomatoes, lettuce mayo (1)
x2 plums

banana & raspberries

Savoury rice
chicken
pickles
tomatoes

Syns:
Rich tea x4 (8)
Crisps (7)
Mayo (1.5)
Total 16.5

Syns left for week: 78.5

:hide: so yesterday was so busy, im planning a lazy day today, back to work tom and its always so busy!

i am going to meal plan for the next week and make a list and am hoping OH will nip off to the shops sat whilst im at work. I actually enjoy food shopping but never seem to get the time, we end up shopping daily which costs so much more. we do however get fruit and veg boxes delivered which are just fab!

todays food so far:

Hex A Almond Milk
Hex B Porridge oats

Porridge with Berries

home made pizza mmmmm
toms, garlic, peppers, onions, mushrooms, ham

Honey soy chicken with boiled rice for dinner

syns: Popcorn (5)
Total syns left: 73.5

Hi there Nursefoodie,

I'm here to subscribe! You sound like you're doing fab. Well done on your weight loss!

I also joined last week, and lost 2lb this week and have a similar amount to lose as you. Keep up the good work.

Rebecca

Oooh I'm going to stalk you too :p....serial diary starter * check* lover of lists n plans *check* and about the same amount of weight to lose *check*
I started a new diary on here today too lol.... I'm sure we can do it!!
Good luck !!

hi there guys, thanks so much for reading! felt a bit daft just chatting to myself lol! god we had a chinese last night! will have to count everything up today lol.

bexi100 its always great to have buddies with similar amounts to lose! makes it more realistic if that makes sense. well done on the weight loss!

capricorn i remeber you!!!! i was on here years ago, we started the queensize to princess group together! alot has changed since then lol! how the hell are you!xxx

so week 2 is looking a little like this!

I plan to try and get in a bit of exercise :character00116:, I think im gonna try get my Wii sent from England, or may just buy another one. Until then its Fitness dvds, so will have a look online today! I quite like the cheesy dance dvds and the good old cher boxercise lol!

This weeks meal plan is as follows:

• Diet coke Gammon & roast
  • Home made burgers
  • Roast chicken dinner
  • Chicken & Sage Risotto
  • Sausage and Mash
  • Jacket pot, Prawns Marie Rose & Salad
  • KFC Chicken, BBQ beans and sweet potato fries

Today we are going to have the homemade burgers, feels like a treat being a Saturday and we can just slouch in front of tv and veg out! I love those days. its really windy here at the moment, weve been on storm warning for a week :gen125: !

Todays food diary so far! (haven't eaten yet, naughty me)

Hex A Almond Milk
Hex b Porridge oats

Porridge
Berries

xxx

I'm a damn sight heavier than when I was last here I tell ya :asskick:....
Have you changed your name on here? Or perhaps its just my baby brain ...4 years on lol.
We are all good thanks, little monkey in the avatar will be 4 next month so I think getting my lazy bum into gear is long over due! Where are you living now if you need your Wii sending over...somewhere nice I hope, I dug mine out of the attic bedroom last week so that's got to be put into action again :character00116:.
So glad to have found one of the "oldies" from years back ....consider yourself *stalked*

me too lol! so pleased to have found an oldie too! yeah i was losc2522 - louise :) couldn't remember my password so just started a new account! was 30, suddenly single hence I am now living in jersey! fresh start and all that jazz. its lovely here. wow cant believe little Charlie is 4! how time flies! he looks adorable, im sure he keeps you busy! yay your recipes used to keep me going! xxx

So excited! Saddo alert....I'm the type of person who likes my lists and books and notes lol. I kid myself that it helps me stay on track lol. So I found a really cool food/health diary on Amazon and its just arrived! It works perfectly on sw and has weekly meal planners etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
NOW I know you :D ...nice to know its not my baby brain lol....
A nice fresh start for you sounds good ...
Oh yes Charlie is adorable but by heck is he lively :innocent0001:... I need to shed this excess if I'm to have any chance of keeping up with him as he gets bigger -I swear he is like the ever-ready bunny --- on speed :rotflmao:. He is growing so quickly :(

Attachments

• 12400604_10153903418934559_6148829820755078338_n.jpg
    12400604_10153903418934559_6148829820755078338_n.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 14
oooooooooooh that looks good... you know me and my lists :whistle:

Morning dears. Sorry I've not posted in last few days, been working 14 hr shifts. Joys of being a nurse hey! So I weighed in today and have lost another 2 lbs. pleased with that. Woohoo! I'm happy with slow and steady this time around.

So I'm a late shift today, not quite sure what to have to eat. Haven't had anything yet lol.

Hex A. Almond milk
Hex B

Melon
Apple
Berries

Will also use my diary today. I'm such a child lol!

Capricorn - oh my how adorable is Charlie! Gorgeous pic, I just can't believe he's almost 4! Have you settled back into life in the uk now? I do miss the shops and supermarkets lol xxx

morning :)

so ive taken all of my measurements and written them down.:worthy: hopefully ill start to see the numbers going down soon!

im curious to know if everyone syns for pureed fruit etc, its very rare I do it, so I never did before and it didn't affect my losses.

my diary has been really disjointed this past fortnight, work been manic, had loads of other stuff going on so ive not been as strict with myself and with the plan as i should be, so from now on will be a stickler lol. weighed in yesterday and had a treat meal last night, it was only a fish finger sandwich but it was lovely lol! :eat::character00254:

Im a day off today, bliss, so i have cleaned, washing is done, and im watching dinner date! I will nip into town later for some bits and bobs, meal plan for today looks something like this:

• HEX A Almond milk
  • HEX B!!
  • Melon
  • Berries
  • Banana
  • Jacket pot
  • Beans
  • Salad
  • Roast chicken
  • Fry light tatties
  • cabbage
  • mushy peas
  • broccoli
  • parnsips
  • gravy (1)
syns: 1 so far

ps. does anyone know how i change the font? times new roman yuck

Last edited:
So today has ended up being:

Hex a almond milk
Hex b wholemeal pitta

Melon
Berries
Banana

Mug shot
Peppers
Onions
Cucumber
Mayo 0.5
X 2 low fat sausages 2

Crisps 7

Chicken roast, gravy 0.5

Hot chocolate 2

Total syns 12

Last edited:
Evening folks. Just home from a long diary. Just a quick post as there is a spag Bol and Dexter waiting for me lol!

So today's food was as follows:

Hex a.
Hex b wholemeal bread

Bacon
baked beans
Mushrooms (1)

Left over roast dinner (1) for gravy
Banana

Pasta
tinned toms
Peppers
Mishrooms