Working Solutions Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Midnight-Sparkles

I can do this!
Hi all,
I originally wasn't going to bother with a weight loss diary, but then I thought maybe I should. You see I am a very slow loser. It doesn't matter how little calories I eat or how good I am, my body just wont co-operate. It's quite happy to store all my fat and keep me obese ,but whenever I try to get rid of those unwelcome pounds it sticks to them like glue. So I thought there must be other slow losers out there like me and maybe this diary will make them feel better when they realise that not everyone has those massive weekly 4-5lbs losses and that its okay to go slower.

Now I am only on week two and maybe...just maybe I might have one of those nice big losses as the weeks roll on, but from prior experience when I was on the Cambridge Diet, I lost 9 lbs in 9 days and then nothing for the next three weeks and I didn't cheat once, eventually I lost motivation and gave up. A few years later I tried Cambridge Diet again but this time did the 810 plan where you can have some food and lo and behold I actually had a stead loss of around 3lbs per week. I did this for a month but then couldn't afford to continue on.

I have now discovered Exante after a small dabble with Lipotrim (didn't get on with the Pharmacist. He basically accused me of cheating just because my losses were low when I had in fact been 100%) and am thrilled that there is no pressure from a counsellor who is going to think I am not doing the diet properly when in fact I am and I can go as slow as I need to without dreading weigh day and wondering what they will think. The only person I have to answer to is myself and if I am happy with my slow journey then success will be there for me in the end.

Two weeks ago I started working solutions. Well my version of it anyway. I am basically having two packs and a bar and a simple chicken breast (no veggies or salad) every night. That chicken breast helps me stick to the diet. Otherwise I would have caved at the beginning as it is a very hard diet, especially when you don't see those big losses every week motivation can flag. Knowing I can have that chicken is what keeps me going as I have a husband and three kids whom I have to cook for every night. So to be able to sit down with them and eat something is great. :D

Gosh I feel like I have written a novel. :eek:

Have to buy some new scales on Friday as my old ones died on me a few days ago so today I weighed in on the Wii. I hope the new scales don't make me heavier.:scale:

Anyway week 3 starts today. Would love to have a good loss next week but seeing as TOTM is due on my next weigh day I fear I may STS. So we shall see.

Thanks for reading

Midnight xx :D

My weight loss diary has definitely helped me get through my journey so far!

Good luck with your losses, Im sure you will do fine, after all its all still in the right direction! x

hi and welcome....... doing a diary has really helped me through these last 4 weeks it not easy and some days are harder than others but support on here is great on the good and bad days ........ good luck on your journey :) xxx

hi and welcome....... doing a diary has really helped me through these last 4 weeks it not easy and some days are harder than others but support on here is great on the good and bad days ........ good luck on your journey :) xxx

Thanks Em, So far it hasn't been too bad, I think I had one day in the last 15 that was a bit wobbly but apart from that I've managed surprisingly okay, although I know from experience how that can suddenly change. lol. I shouldn't speak too soon.

Well I am into week 3 now and still feeling positive.

When I first started Exante I have to admit I thought the shakes and bars were disgusting. They tasted really chemically and synthetic, but now surprisingly enough they taste really nice especially the bars and the banana shake which is my fave. It's amazing how our taste buds change. The only problem i am having is severe trapped wind and digestion problems. These products are really harsh on my tummy. I did a search on the Exante board and saw that this is a common side effect but that it passed eventually. I am now onto week 3 and if it doesn't pass soon I may have to change to another VLCD which I really dont want to do. I did Cambridge and Lipotrim in the past and never had these painful problems before. I noticed the bars and shakes contain chicory root fibre and wonder if this is the cause of my discomfort. Hmmm. Is anyone else having this problem?

Just jumped on the Wii for my morning weigh in (Yes I am one of the daily weighers :rolleyes:) and found another 1lb gone today. Yay.

Can't wait to buy my new scales tomorrow.

Off for a cuppa now :D

Midnight xxx

hi midnight,

some people on here add physilim husks (don't think that is spelt right) which seems to keep things going. The only time i had that issue was when i had a couple of days when i did not drink alot of water, maybe more water would help? Might just be like you said though that your body does not like something.

Good luck on your journey,

Sarah

hi midnight,

some people on here add physilim husks (don't think that is spelt right) which seems to keep things going. The only time i had that issue was when i had a couple of days when i did not drink alot of water, maybe more water would help? Might just be like you said though that your body does not like something.

Good luck on your journey,

Sarah

Thats a thought, I have only been having just over 2 litres a day so maybe more water is needed. Also will look into getting some psyllium husks at the weekend. Maybe one or both of these factors will help.

Thank you so much for your advice. I will definitely be taking it. :D

Last edited:
Hi, great diary, i think you send out a really positive message that slow weight loss is still weight loss! People seem to think that 1/2lbs a week is not good, when it all adds up!

Re. the psyllium husks, i would really recommend them. I wasn't in so much discomfort as you are, but i felt very sluggish with tummy ache regularly, and little loo action (sorry tmi!), after putting a tsp of psyllium husks into each shake (i have 2 a day plus a bar) within a day i was back to normal, they work great for me :) x

Hi Midnight, Im a notoriously slow looser too, just to let you know there are some of us about!! Been 100% except for AAM weeks all through, and must say Exante been a miracle for me.
The tummy thing Ive just got used to, as the weeks have gone on its lessened and tummy rumblings etc only really when Ive just had a shake or bar.
Stick with it and slow and steady not so bad!! Good luck this week.

Thats a thought, I have only been having just over 2 litres a day so maybe more water is needed. Also will look into getting some psyllium husks at the weekend. Maybe one or both of these factors will help.

Thank you so much for your advice. I will definitely be taking it. :D

NO problem, of all the VLCD's i have seen i liked exante because they have not got all the horrid additives in them.

Make sure you keep us updated, the slower it comes off the easier it will be to keep off :)

Well its been a good week for me had a decent loss of -4lbs and its totm too so I am thrilled :D

My stomach troubles are finally settling down I dont feel so windy anymore. It might be down to the fact that I bought some fibre clear from the Lipotrim website and have been having a tsp in my tea each morning. Whether or not its coincidence I definately feel better.

Thetrigos thank you for your reassurance that its okay to be a slow loser, and you're so right, all those little losses soon add up. :D

dawndesperatetoloose! good to know the tummy aches lessened for you too, I guess were not used to getting such a big hit of vitamins and nutrients, our bodies are in shock. I can imagine them saying what are all these vile things your giving us, give us back our junk food. lol :D

lastslim the one things that attracted me to exante was the fact that it didn't contain aspartamine, I liked how natural they kept it, although saying that I am mixing it up a bit and thought I would skip a month of Exante and do my weeks 4-8 with Slim and save. As I want to be able to do just the packs without the added protein meal and being able to have four packs a day on silm and save will help me to do that, so by the time weeks 9-12 come along I will be able to do Exante TS if that makes sense. :)

Back