Slow and steady wins the race!

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
I probably have a couple of food diaries floating around on here from the last few years, but it's been almost an entire year since I last did Slimming World. A fresh new start is in order! :)

Over the last couple of years, I managed to get from 16st7lbs to 11st13lbs for my wedding in August, but I've since then put back on a stone or two and want to shed about 3-4 stone in order to get my body fit, healthy and baby-ready! We're going on holiday next October and ideally I'd like to lose the weight before then, but there's no pressure this time and I want to lost it slowly and sensibly. Super excited!

I'm signing up to a class tomorrow, I was going to wait until Wednesday so I can go to the class near I live but enough is enough, the longer I put it off the most weight I'll gain! I'm a bit nervous about joining on my own but I definitely think going to class will help me get through the first few weeks. I'm going to do a food shop tomorrow with my folks to get all the good stuff in - I don't have a microwave or anything at work so I'm going to need to be crazy prepared.

- Edit - Decided to start tomorrow morning now instead of tomorrow night, not entirely sure I'm going to be well enough to go out to class but will start tomorrow either way. Woohoo!

Here's my food plan for day numero uno:

Day 1. Friday - Extra Easy

Scrambled eggs with bacon, onions and mushrooms
Pasta, chicken and salad (2 syns)
Savoury rice, chilli, lime and corriander chicken and veg
Raspberries

I'll probably have a few cups of tea and I'll note my syns properly tomorrow after the first food shop.

Really excited now! Ahhhh! x

Last edited:
First official day on SW! Weighed myself this morning and I was pretty horrified. I've put on over a stone in the last month alone! Nevermind though, hopefully I'll lose it just as fast. :rolleyes:

I'm feeling good about the food part of SW. I'm verrrry excited about the introduction of the new HEX wraps. Can't wait to test them out! I also had a super delicious breakfast, much tastier than I thought it'd be. I've got a tiny notebook I plan on keeping all my food and syns in, should make it easier for when I'm oot and aboot.

I'm off work this week due to a pretty nasty UTI, so I won't be doing much exercise today but it's given me loads of time to plan recipes and ideas. I've also found out that OH's christmas party is in February, and his company is quite posh and I very much want to wear a pretty dress and heels and look half decent! I suppose that's my current goal. Woohoo.

Will update foods later! x

Hi,
I've just started back on SW this week. I lost 2st in 2010 and was really happy, before getting pregnant and putting it all back on again! I'm half a stone lighter than my heaviest now and I would love to lose a stone by xmas!

Where are you going on hols next year? All our hols are restricted now to toddler friendly holiday parks!! My motivation is my mother-in-law's wedding next year - I'm determined to get into a size 14 dress for it!

Your first day of food sounds yummy - what is the lime and coriander chicken? Did you do it yourself? THe only thing I'm thinking looking at it is I can't see your healthy extras?

Hope you feel better soon as well

Hey Sarah :) Thanks!

Congrats on losing the weight before and having a baby! One of the main reasons I'm trying to lose weight is that Liam (the husband!) and I are hoping to start trying for a baby in a year or so, I think I'm going to have a few problems TTC so I'm hoping losing some weight and getting a bit more active will help! We've got a few possible holidays planned, we're either going to Iceland or Rhodes in June and possibly Florida in October with my family. Not too sure yet though!

Weddings are an awesome motivation and getting into a size 14 by August is definitely doable! When I did SW before, I started in March at about 15st9 and was about 13st by June! I was at about a size 16 when I was 13st and when I got down to 12st I was about a size 14 :) Although I know everybody is different. I have faith in you! :D

I've been semi-forced into cooking a curry tonight instead of the lime and coriander chicken, but I was planning on chopping up a red chilli and some corriander and just mixing it with some lime juice, marinating the chicken for a while and then baking it in the oven wrapped in foil? I suppose you could fry-light or grill it also! I'm hoping to come back to it later in the week so I'll let you know how it turns out lol.

I'm also at a bit of a loss as to what to use my HEX for today - I might have some cereal as a snack? Seems a bit mad to be eating for the sake of it though. I can't wait to sign up to a group properly and get some hifi bars, Rocky Road would come in handy today! :D

Day 1. Friday - Extra Easy

Mexican omelette with chilli, paprika, garlic, bacon, onions and mushrooms (1 syn for some sauce)
Pasta, chicken and salad (2 syns for light mayo)
Chicken curry with rice and vegetables
Raspberries
Biscuit (3.5 syns)
Milk in tea (HEXa)

Total syns - 6.5

Will try harder on the HEXb front tomorrow! x

Omelette sounds really nice. Let me know how the curry goes!

Thanks for your kind words, it's definitely been a crazy few years. I figure I need to be about 12.5st to get into the 14s so that's 3 stone in 10months! We'll see!

For your HEXB don't forget you can also have EV olive oil you could use in your curry? I've been having it for cereal for brekkie or alpen lights are nice too.
I've posted a food diary on here too if you want a nose but I'm not sure how to link it from the app??

Your holidays sound lovely, I really fancy going to Florida when my daughters a bit older, it's supposed to be lovely.
Enjoy your curry tonight

Thanks, I totally forgot about EV olive oil! Had some with my dinner! :) Curry was better than expected actually. Although we had to use chicken thighs, skin and most of the fat removed but I'm sure there was a few sneaky bits that I missed. I had it with some basmati rice and to get my third superfree, I made a cucumber and onion mint salad with a mixture of EV olive oil, mint sauce and a tiny bit of light mayo. Worked out at 2 syns for a pretty decent amount and was lovely! I couldn't be bothered to get my proper camera so I took a phone pic, looks a tad messy though lol. Whoops!

Florida is a really fun place to go! It's awesome for kids but probably best to wait until they're at least 5 or 6 to be able to really enjoy it. :) Although saying that, anywhere is generally fun when you're little! Will have a look on the forum, would be good to read through your diary and get some ideas! x

Curry.jpg

Yum that looks lovely, how did you make the curry? I like making a mint sauce just out of creme fraiche and mint sauce, but that was before SW although not so bad if you use the very LF creme fraiche

Ahh, love creme fraiche! I finely diced a handful of mushrooms, a green pepper, 2 onions and a spring onion and fry-lighted in a big pan, once those were all cooked I added diced chicken thighs (although chicken breast would probably have been healthier!). Once the chicken had browned, I added a few tbs curry powder, chopped fresh chilli, garlic, ginger, a few drops of fish sauce, cumin, garam masala, coriander and a pinch of cinnamon, stirred for a few moments and then topped it all off with chicken stock and left it for about 20 minutes. I stirred through some tomato purree about 5 minutes before the end to thicken it up and that was it! It had a really lovely taste. :) x

Sounds really yummy. I prefer chicken thighs to breasts to be honest they don't dry out and have more favour, yum yum

Chicken thighs are definitely tastier!

I ended up having a biscuit and a options hot chocolate with my left over hex milk last night! Probably boosted my syns up to danger zone, but never mind! Will do some damage control today.

I've just had a chat with my mum and she's now thinking of doing SW with me. I really hope she does, it's so much easier when we do it together! Fingers crossed.

Day 2: Extra Easy

30g All bran chocolate crunch with 125ml semi-skimmed milk and some mixed berries (hexahexb)
15g Lucky Charms (3 syns)
WW dessert yoghurt (0.5 syns)
Bachelors macaroni cheese, tuna, mushrooms, onions, sweetcorn, bacon (2 syns)
Kiwi
Rice, chicken, onions, peppers, shrooms, green chilli, ginger, lime, coriander, soy and garlic (0.5 syns)
3 Maltesers (1 syn)
Gingerbread biscuit (3 syns)
Banana

Total syns: 10

Will update properly later! x

Last edited:
Urgh. Family are having a mexican feast and there are nachos EVERYWHERE. Guacamole is probably one of my favourite foods. -_- Have decided to hide far away from food and temptation but it's getting increasingly hard! On the plus side, thoroughly enjoyed my dinner. It was kind of one of those 'throw it all in the pan and hope for the best' meals but it was amazing! Hrm, still feeling a bit pants though. :(

Last edited:
Well yesterday was a little bit of a write off. Not entirely, but it wasn't great! I crumbled and had a slice of cake! I was still somewhat restrained though and weighed myself this morning and I'm still down another lb. I know it won't necessarily work like come Friday but I feel much more in control today!

Me and the hubs went to the cinema earlier and I desperately wanted some sweets, to the point where I almost went and got some half way through the film! Luckily I kept reminding myself that I will enjoy being slimmer much more than I will enjoy eating some sweets when I have a yummy healthy dinner waiting for me at home. Plus, I'm just sick of being unhealthy and I really do want to lose it for good this time. It's not always going to be easy but nothing ever is, and this will be worth it in the long run.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I can't even imagine ever being slim. I've never in my life been smaller than a size 14 and it seems so unrealistic, but then I look at other peoples success stories and realise that it must be possible. There's no reason that I can't be a size 10. It will happen!

Day 3: Extra Easy

Chicken, potatoes, lettuce, onion, sweetcorn, cucumber and a teaspoon of salsa and dip (2 syns)
Raspberry activia 0% yoghurt
Banana
Roast pork, SW roasties, veg and gravy (4 syns)
Hot chocolate (hex a and 2 syns for cocoa powder)
Kelloggs cereal bar (hex b)

Total syns: 8

Motivated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
x

Still feeling pretty pumped up! Back at work today so I've stocked up on cans of pepsi max and and a plastic lunch box, so there's no excuses not to stick to plan today!

Day 4: Extra Easy

Left over pork with bubble and squeak
Banana
Chicken tikka with mint and cucumber salad
Kelloggs cereal bar (hexb)
Beef stew (I think?!)
Activia 0% yogurt
Hot chocolate with hexa milk (2 syns)

I'm not 100% sure if it will be a beef stew or not yet but I'm not cooking this evening, will find out when I get home! It'll be made SW friendly whatever it is though. x

I can't stop eating crap! It's only little bits of crap and not that often, but it's so frustrating! Idk why I do it! I'm definitely going to sign up to a class, hopefully it'll keep me on track. Plus hifi bars are so awesome and I think they would be a good chocolate replacement. Blah. x

Right. Despite not really sticking to SW 100% the last few days, I am still determined not to give up. Which is progress in itself really! I am also determined to have a 100% day today! The plan is to eat healthy, sloth about for a bit and watch some trashy movies on netflix, and maybe consider dying my hair!

Day 5: Extra Easy

Banana
Activia 0% yogurt
Savoury rice, chicken, veg
Kiwi
Pasta bolognese with spinach, cheese and WW petit pain (hexahexb)
Curly Wurly (3 sys)
Options hot chocolate (2 syns)

Total syns: 5

x

Last edited:
Good luck today you seem really determined so I'm sure you can do it :)

Thanks :) I actually managed the stick to plan yesterday. Really tried hard!

I think I'm going to try a red day today. Last night I made some quiche to take to work with me, super dedicated!

Day 5: Red day

60g all bran with 125g milk (hexb plus 3 syns)
Cheese and ham quiche (hexa)
Yoghurt
Kiwi
Gammon with broccoli and carrots
3 peanuts (1 syn??)

Total syns: 4

x

Last edited:
Day 6: Extra Easy

WW Dessert Yogurt (0.5 syns)
Cous cous, ham, salad, nandos sauce (3 syns)
Kiwi
Bachelors hi-veg mushroom and garlic pasta, tuna, cheese (HEXa)
Chomp (2.5 syns)

Not entirely sure what I'mma have for dinner yet, will update later! x

Last edited:
Well done! How do you make your quiche? I always like the idea of quiche but it never turns out quite as nice as I hope, it usually ends up a bit soggy and falling apart!

Back