slow but sure

yorkshirejo

anybody else losing weight slowly compared to others,ive lost 5and 1/2 pounds in 4 weeks.not complaing as at least its going in the right directions i have a bout 3 stone to lose ,when i was doing ww i lost the weight much more quickly:rolleyes:

Yep me !! I've lost 10.6lbs since the 2nd of January , but as I'm eating lots , feeling full satisfied and very well nourished I am more than happy with that , my partner has lost 17.5lbs in the same time but men always lose faster !
I figure as long as I don't feel deprived , hungry or bored I shall be able to carry on indefinitely which means eventually I shall reach my goal & this way of eating will be a habit & I shall stay slim !! Result !!

Yep me !! I've lost 10.6lbs since the 2nd of January , but as I'm eating lots , feeling full satisfied and very well nourished I am more than happy with that , my partner has lost 17.5lbs in the same time but men always lose faster !
I figure as long as I don't feel deprived , hungry or bored I shall be able to carry on indefinitely which means eventually I shall reach my goal & this way of eating will be a habit & I shall stay slim !! Result !!

10.6lbs in 5 weeks - sounds like good weight losses to me (2lb+ a week)
I've lost 24.5lb in 22 week / only lost 1lb over last 2 week despite being good. But a loss is still a loss eh!
We will get there in the end! x

You are all doing really well .... A little saying ... a dripping tap still fills a bucket x

chocolatetrish said:
You are all doing really well .... A little saying ... a dripping tap still fills a bucket x

I'm going to carry on dripping until the buckets over flowing !!

Like :)

I wouldn't consider my losses slow, 11.5lbs in 4 weeks, but I'm losing weight in conjunction with my cousin and she is losing A LOT quicker than I am- usually 4 or 5lbs a week. She lost 4 tonight and my Mum called to wind me up about it. Infuritating.

If it was me on my own I'd be happy, but I can't stand having someone to be compared to and I especially can't stand being told she'll look better than me at my wedding!!

She won't anyway- she's a bridesmaid so I can make damn sure she looks awful. Gold lame anyone?
goldbridesmaids.jpg

JezVonSavage said:
I wouldn't consider my losses slow, 11.5lbs in 4 weeks, but I'm losing weight in conjunction with my cousin and she is losing A LOT quicker than I am- usually 4 or 5lbs a week. She lost 4 tonight and my Mum called to wind me up about it. Infuritating.

If it was me on my own I'd be happy, but I can't stand having someone to be compared to and I especially can't stand being told she'll look better than me at my wedding!!

She won't anyway- she's a bridesmaid so I can make damn sure she looks awful. Gold lame anyone?

Ha ha !!! Love it !! Gold Lame with line green & a bloody great bow on her head !!

I hadn't thought about the green Cheeselover- i think you are are right!!

I have slower losses on green and ee. I lose between 0.5 and 1lb a week on those plans. But on red I consistently lose 2-3lb a week. Have you tried all the plans to see which gives you better losses?

To be honest though 1lb a week is still 52lb a year, that's nearly a stone every three months :)

Josiecat said:
I have slower losses on green and ee. I lose between 0.5 and 1lb a week on those plans. But on red I consistently lose 2-3lb a week. Have you tried all the plans to see which gives you better losses?

To be honest though 1lb a week is still 52lb a year, that's nearly a stone every three months :)

Haven't tried then because I love what I'm doing , I guess if I really wanted to speed it up then I would try it ! Maybe when the weather is better and I don't feel the need for comfort food !

thanks guys yes im not hungry at all so that will keep me going i havnt tried red days yet so might look into that

I've lost half a stone in 5 weeks - not exactly speedy but I'm not 100% all the time, don't eat enough fruit for one thing. But, if I can stick with it long term, I'll get there eventually which is better than being really good and crashing off plan (which I've tended to do in the past).

chocolatetrish said:

This is an excellent saying. I'm going to remember that.

I haven't had the speediest of losses, 6.5lbs in 5 weeks & I too would like to lose 3 stones overall. But 6.5 lbs is better than nothing & if I keep on with it it will soon add up. I do find it a little disheartening too sometimes though.

Keep on going with it, we will get there!

Em x

I've lost 5.5lb since I started. My losses are really slow; 0.5lb, 1lb and STS even though I've been 100%.

I think it's because my eating habits didn't change quite a lot moving to SW Extra Easy, I would have made most things from scratch anyway. The main difference is my fruit and veg intake has consciously increased, I'm counting syns and I'm making more sensible choices when eating out.

I have my WI tonight then I'm going to give EE another go next week and if my losses are still slow, I'll ask my consultant about red and green to see if that makes much of a difference.

I've started keeping a food diary here as well to see if anyone has any suggestions so hopefully that will be helpful :)

I have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks and that is fine by me I am soooo not wanting to lose too quickly then end up with the dreaded saggy skin lol

Angie_b said:
I have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks and that is fine by me I am soooo not wanting to lose too quickly then end up with the dreaded saggy skin lol

That's loads in 4 weeks! Well done! The beat part of a stone in a month go you!! X

Ladies, my average is just under 1lb per week. Everybody wants to lose weight fast but the recommended amount is 1-2lb per week.
If you lose at this rate you are more likely to keep it off for the long run, less likely to have excess skin etc.
You really are doing fab.

Me!!!!

I lose slowly, but it means I am 1.5st down now and only a couple of pounds off my target weight of 8.5st. I will take losing slowly as my meals for today are (green), B - porridge, L - Tuna pasta with extra light mayo and linda mccartney sausages, chips, egg and beans for my tea and something chocolatey as well!

That's loads in 4 weeks! Well done! The beat part of a stone in a month go you!! X

thank you :) I think i've started to slow down now tho as got STS last week but we will see how this week pans out :)

Back