Slow Cooked Chinese Style Pork

Charleybarley

Gold Member
A little experiment turned out quite tasty - altho BF stated it was nice but tasted a little like medicine! :D- see what you think.

Four pork fillets - cubed
10 tbps soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped or grated
2 tbps runny honey (5 syns)
2/3 tsps chinese 5 spice
1/2 tsps mustard powder.

Marinade the pork in all the ingredients for as long as you can.

Either use a slow cooker for a few hours, which I did or put the lot in a pot on your hob under a low heat for an hour or so, this doesn't need to be cooked for this long, I just really like braised meats. Then when cooked transfer into a frying pan and whack up the heat for 10 mins until the sauce goes thick and sticky (a little like the diet coke chicken) - serve with rice. A really tasty dish, which feels like you are having a real Chinese - unless you are my BF and think its something you would only eat when you are ill! Perhaps I overdid the Chinese 5 Spice....:eek:

It was nice thanks, yes I have been away to "fall off the wagon-ville" thats it really, I had a little upset over a week ago, someone close died unfortunately and had the mind set of "life's too short" and so ate like an animal.... i have now seen the light and realise that by eating more I am potentially cutting my own life short, so gave myself a good talking to and have been back on it since Monday, back to basics, weighing everything etc. Its good to be back!

We all do things like that but its nice to see you back so quickly. I'm sorry for your loss.Head up and onwards.

Thanks a lot Louisedan. I think even just getting back in the kitchen and getting excited about new recipes really helps. This forum helps so much as well.

Back