Slow cooker ideas

Tracie Green

Silver Member
any one have any recipes they do in their slow cooker? mine is gathering lots of dust!! x:D

I love my slow cooker!!!!

I do a nice beef and ham casserole in it - onions, peppers, garlic, carrots all chopped with diced beef and a tin of ham diced up. Add a tin of tomatoes and some herbs and seasoning.

Also curry is good, I fry onions, garlic, ginger and spices in fry light then add this with meat and a tin of tomatoes to the slow cooker. When it's cooked I add some FF natural yoghurt.

Chicken casserole - chicken with carrot, onion, swede and veg stock.

Basically any casserole recipe but with less liquid than the recipe calls for, one tin tomatoes doesn't look much but if you add extra liquid then you end up thickening it with flour and using extra syns!

I really couldn't be without mine.

I love my slow cooker but I dont really follow a recipe as such just bung whatever I have in it .lol.

Sausages tinned toms and baked bean is lush, served on rice or with pasta very filling.

Veg and meat

Rice pud.

I posted an Adobo chicken recipe in the recipe thread. I made it for buffet night and there wasn't any left! :D

I also do lamb kleftiko (from SW site - but I bung it all in the slow cooker instead of following their directions).

I did a creole chicken which was pretty good too:

Creole Chicken I - All Recipes

I used syn free sausages and cut up raw gammon steak and threw it all in together. Was really yummy! (I also omited the rice but you could have an EE day, of course!).

im gonna do a lamb rogan josh in mine tomorrow yummy
also just do stews and stuff
its great for when im out at work all day!

I have a chilli cooking away in mine now and it is starting to smell lovely.... Shame its not really chilli weather now. The sun has come out and it looks gorgeous out.

ooo some fantastic ides thanx loads!! never thought of putting sausages in the mix!!! yumyum!!! xxx

I make rice pudding in mine! It's so yummy and if you use your HEa it's free on green/ee! Love it!
Also turkey/chicken stew....yumm!
x

I do alot of whole joints in mine. I bung in a whole piece of any meat, pork, beef,gammon even a lamb leg. I put a tiny amount of water in the bottom and seasoning for example if lamb then I put some rosemary, garlic and a tablespoon of mint sauce. around half an inch to an inch of water is plenty.

I also find Joes sausages much softer and sausagey if done in the slow cooker.

Gammon is particulary nice if cooked in the slow cooker and cooled and sliced thinly.

As has been said before it's the liquid amount that takes a while to get right. If adapting normal recipes you def need less liquid as it dosent evaporate like it does in a conventional oven.

ooo yum thanx princess sausage!! top advice!! im gonna give some stuff a go next week!! as gota have a really cheap shopping week x

I love my slow cooker, the best £10.00 I ever spent! I tend to just bung in anything I've got or found lurking in the cupboard lol

Back