1 tspn ground cinnamon
4 tspn ground cumin
3 tbspn ground corriander
2 tbspn chopped parsley
2 tbspn chopped corriander
2 tbspn honey (5 SYNS)
4 tspn sweetner
2 chicken stock cubes

Bung everything in the slow cooker, except for the chopped parsley and chopped corriander. Cook on low for approx 8 hours.

Just before serving add the chopped parsley and chopped corriander, and if needed add a sprinkle of instant mash to thicken.

And voila, a beautiful lamb tagine, with only just over 1 SYN per (GENEROUS)portion.

I'm not a big fan of cous cous, so I had mine with quinoa, mixed with peas and sweetcorn and a bit more copped corriander.

Now I'm also aware that I've used a LOT of spices, but I love them, you might want to reduce the quantities a little bit if you don't like things too hot.

Hope you like it.

Sounds amazing, thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of hot spicy food but I really love lamb, I'll try reducing some of the spices. Marian x

It's cooking in my slow cooker at the moment!
I'll let you know how good it is when I've eaten some, but it certainly smells gooooooooooooooooooooood.

I just put everything in cold. You could brown off the meat first if you wanted to, but I really don't think it's necessary.

Mine's now been on for 8 hours, smells gorgeous, and looks really tender. Can't wait!

I just put it all in cold/raw. Like jimoftroy says you could brown the meat first, but I usually set mine off before I start work and the last thing I want to be doing at 7am is cooking meat

Just to let you know, the lamb tagine was lovely.
I added some chick peas as well, didn't use honey, but put in some tinned apricots (slightly lower on syns, still sweet, & a bit fruity) and added a chopped pepper, just to increase the superfree element.

Was going to have it with couscous & salad, but just had the salad, and I'm glad I did, because it was very filling.

I recommend it to anyone who likes spicy food. If you don't, you might want to cut down a bit on the chilli, cumin & coriander seeds.

Back