Slow cooker recipes

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Hi all

Have bought myself a slow cooker and am waiting for recipe books to come in from the library - but in the meantime, does anyone have any induction-friendly recipes they could give me?

In particular, chicken recipes would be great.

Susie x

slow cookers are terrific, use mine frequently. this morning when i came in from work i put some diced beef, dried mushrooms, and onion, some garlic, chilli, worcester sauce, soya flour and a little water in.

thing to remember is this, put it all in and walk away. every time you open the lid you set the cooking back 20 mins.
getting the liquid amount right will take a little practice, as it depends on the juiciness of whatever you put in, there is no evaporation, so what you put in stays in, but you can always thicken the dish later.
mine, which i have had for 30yrs now! is like a hotplate and caserole dish, so i can put it on the cooker, so i can start it off by browning , or i can finish it off by reducing. but neither of these steps are necessary if you have a fixed one.
just experiment, there is no end to what you can cook in there! i do a whole chicken or joint overnight, with just a cup of water, very moist and yummy!

slow cookers are terrific, use mine frequently. this morning when i came in from work i put some diced beef, dried mushrooms, and onion, some garlic, chilli, worcester sauce, soya flour and a little water in.

thing to remember is this, put it all in and walk away. every time you open the lid you set the cooking back 20 mins.
getting the liquid amount right will take a little practice, as it depends on the juiciness of whatever you put in, there is no evaporation, so what you put in stays in, but you can always thicken the dish later.
mine, which i have had for 30yrs now! is like a hotplate and caserole dish, so i can put it on the cooker, so i can start it off by browning , or i can finish it off by reducing. but neither of these steps are necessary if you have a fixed one.
just experiment, there is no end to what you can cook in there! i do a whole chicken or joint overnight, with just a cup of water, very moist and yummy!

Hi Taz

You might want to check your MiniMims settings as your message has posted five times.

Just a thought :) And thanks for the recipe.

Susie

LOL, LMAO, what happened there then? umpteen repeated posts. :)

I'm actually crying at your posts Taz!! PMSL. Sorry babe, that was so funny :D
On a more serious note, I love my slow cooker. I'm doing pork for Sunday with scallions, mushrooms, lots of chillies & my favorite in a slow cooker, button sprouts. yummy

Evening all

Continuing the whole "Crikey I can actually cook when I try hard" theme :D, I've just demolished a plate of Chicken Paprikash - a slow cooker recipe (with many thanks to Jim) on the Just Recipe thread.

Soooo easy! Just chucked frozen chicken pieces in with paprika, oil and chicken stock and set it on Low for about 4 1/2 hours - and the meat is just falling off the bones.

I am seriously impressed with slow cookers - :worthy: - and am getting a load of recipe books from the library tomorrow, so will adapt for induction ajnd put on the Recipes thread.

Susie x

Hi Susie yes slow cookers are the best! Your (Jim's) recipe sounds lovely will have a hunt and try it out. Mince is lovely done in it too (just had that tonight) and goulash anything really!
You are the domestic goddess!

Thx Flutter - I am so on a roll with this cooking malarky LOL.

Could you post your mince and goulash recipes hun? I am a slow cooker addict, so the more recipes the merrier :)

And what's the rule on reheating cooked chicken? I have half the recipe left over, so can I zap it in the microwave?

Susie x

Back