Slow cooker recipes

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Recipes' started by babybear1983, 2 October 2010 Social URL.

1. babybear1983

babybear1983 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.96%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Does anyone have a slow cooker they use and if so do you have any WW friendly recipes they can share.
    Just bought one but dont know what to cook in it!!
    Thanksx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hazykay

Hazykay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(17.29%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I use mine for bolognese, chilli con carne, chicken/beef stews. sausage hotpot and even soup.
    I prepare all the ingredients, pop in on and go out safely knowing that I'll have a meal ready to come home to x

4. babybear1983

babybear1983 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.96%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I made a chicken stew in my slow cooker today, it was lovely!!! yum yum, and it was only 2.5 points!

5. purple_rain

purple_rain Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Anyone whos has not got one and wants one, they are on sale at asda for £7. They are a little small but perfect for anyone making something for yourself and partner.

6. geordiemoo

geordiemoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(7.88%)
    I make pasta sauce in mine, 2 tins of tomatoes, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, chilli, garlic - whatever free veg I have kicking about - 0 points and is lovely cos the tomatoes stew all day. I sometimes add 7/8 thin slices of chorizo too which I haven't pointed yet but can't be many - gives it a nice smoky taste.

Also beef ghoulash - chopped onion, chopped red pepper, tin chopped tomatoes, 300ml beef stock, 250g stewing steak, 300g new potatoes, tsp caraway seeds, 2 tbsp paprika and a bit of tomato puree. I sometimes bulk this out with extra peppers.

7. purple_rain

purple_rain Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    My slow cooker is my new best friend.;)
    Yesterday i made steak casserole/stew it was delicious!!
    I just used casserole steak, beef stock(asda extra special), 4 potatoes, carrots, turnip,parsnip and added gravy at the end to thicken up a little bit.

8. Rachel217

Rachel217 Silver-Haired Hottie

My fave slow-cooker recipe is Salsa Chicken. Dump a jar of salsa into the slow cooker (I use spicy, 'cause that's how I roll!) and 4 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I leave it to cook on Low while I'm at work, then come home and enjoy the yumminess. Because salsa is a freebie (at least it is in Canada), I just have to count Points for the chicken. I serve it on a bed of shredded lettuce, with a Weight Watchers tortilla on the side, topped with some diced onion and sliced tomatoes, and pickled jalapenos if I have any in the house.

I found that Diet Coke Chicken comes out way too liquidy in the crockpot. But if you want the fastest and best onion soup, load up the slow cooker with sliced Vidalia or Spanish onions, set it on Low and prepare yourself for the yummy aroma when you open the door. The onions will have shrunk down and caramelized, there will be a puddle of onion broth at the bottom, and all I do is dump this into a saucepan, add chicken broth and whatever seasonings I feel it needs (salt, pepper, crushed garlic, thyme), simmer briefly and enjoy.

9. Sally21

Sally21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.74%)
    Diet:
    WW Discovery
    I made a lovely Beef and Vegetable Casserole in the slow cooker, I used...

A pack of stir fry Beef
    1 Colmans beef Casserole mix.
    1 Can of Butter beans
    Chopped Celery
    Diced Carrots
    1 Onion.
    Sliced Green Beans
    Salt
    Whole Black Peppercorns
    Sprinkle of gravy granules

In the slowcooker on low for 7-8 hours and it was delicious.

Points came to around 15 so I got 3 meals out of it at 5 points. (I had it with 3.5 points of mashed potato)

I always save the plasic containers from a chinese takeaway which are so handy for freezing and write the points on the top :)

10. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    i love my slow cooker!!!never thought of doing healthy meals in them,,keep the recipes a coming:)

11. hbb

hbb Thoroughly Determined

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover Plan
    Wow - I absolutely love the idea of writing the points on the top. What a great idea! :)

12. vijch50

vijch50 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    If you use a bit of masking tape on your containers it comes right off and you can use container over and over again

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.