Slow cooker recipes

I use mine for bolognese, chilli con carne, chicken/beef stews. sausage hotpot and even soup.
I prepare all the ingredients, pop in on and go out safely knowing that I'll have a meal ready to come home to x

Anyone whos has not got one and wants one, they are on sale at asda for £7. They are a little small but perfect for anyone making something for yourself and partner.

I make pasta sauce in mine, 2 tins of tomatoes, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, chilli, garlic - whatever free veg I have kicking about - 0 points and is lovely cos the tomatoes stew all day. I sometimes add 7/8 thin slices of chorizo too which I haven't pointed yet but can't be many - gives it a nice smoky taste.

Also beef ghoulash - chopped onion, chopped red pepper, tin chopped tomatoes, 300ml beef stock, 250g stewing steak, 300g new potatoes, tsp caraway seeds, 2 tbsp paprika and a bit of tomato puree. I sometimes bulk this out with extra peppers.

My slow cooker is my new best friend.;)
Yesterday i made steak casserole/stew it was delicious!!
I just used casserole steak, beef stock(asda extra special), 4 potatoes, carrots, turnip,parsnip and added gravy at the end to thicken up a little bit.

My fave slow-cooker recipe is Salsa Chicken. Dump a jar of salsa into the slow cooker (I use spicy, 'cause that's how I roll!) and 4 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I leave it to cook on Low while I'm at work, then come home and enjoy the yumminess. Because salsa is a freebie (at least it is in Canada), I just have to count Points for the chicken. I serve it on a bed of shredded lettuce, with a Weight Watchers tortilla on the side, topped with some diced onion and sliced tomatoes, and pickled jalapenos if I have any in the house.

I found that Diet Coke Chicken comes out way too liquidy in the crockpot. But if you want the fastest and best onion soup, load up the slow cooker with sliced Vidalia or Spanish onions, set it on Low and prepare yourself for the yummy aroma when you open the door. The onions will have shrunk down and caramelized, there will be a puddle of onion broth at the bottom, and all I do is dump this into a saucepan, add chicken broth and whatever seasonings I feel it needs (salt, pepper, crushed garlic, thyme), simmer briefly and enjoy.

I made a lovely Beef and Vegetable Casserole in the slow cooker, I used...

A pack of stir fry Beef
1 Colmans beef Casserole mix.
1 Can of Butter beans
Chopped Celery
Diced Carrots
1 Onion.
Sliced Green Beans
Salt
Whole Black Peppercorns
Sprinkle of gravy granules

In the slowcooker on low for 7-8 hours and it was delicious.

Points came to around 15 so I got 3 meals out of it at 5 points. (I had it with 3.5 points of mashed potato)

I always save the plasic containers from a chinese takeaway which are so handy for freezing and write the points on the top :)

i love my slow cooker!!!never thought of doing healthy meals in them,,keep the recipes a coming:)

I made a lovely Beef and Vegetable Casserole in the slow cooker, I used...

A pack of stir fry Beef
1 Colmans beef Casserole mix.
1 Can of Butter beans
Chopped Celery
Diced Carrots
1 Onion.
Sliced Green Beans
Salt
Whole Black Peppercorns
Sprinkle of gravy granules

In the slowcooker on low for 7-8 hours and it was delicious.

Points came to around 15 so I got 3 meals out of it at 5 points. (I had it with 3.5 points of mashed potato)

I always save the plasic containers from a chinese takeaway which are so handy for freezing and write the points on the top :)

Wow - I absolutely love the idea of writing the points on the top. What a great idea! :)

If you use a bit of masking tape on your containers it comes right off and you can use container over and over again

Back