.. SLOW COOKER RECIPES ..

Let's kno how it goes :)

My OH liked it, i thought it was a disaster! Put in too much stock without thinking, accidentally knocked off the slow cooker for a few hours so had to start again, and the chili chicken wasnt the best idea (tasted it but it was a bit weird with the stock)!! Ah well practice makes perfect!! :)

x_Champagne_Supernova_x said:
My OH liked it, i thought it was a disaster! Put in too much stock without thinking, accidentally knocked off the slow cooker for a few hours so had to start again, and the chili chicken wasnt the best idea (tasted it but it was a bit weird with the stock)!! Ah well practice makes perfect!! :)

Exactly :)
Defo try the chilli :)

The chicken stew sounds delish, how many drumsticks would you use to make it 4ppts per person! I really need to make this.

Thanks

I used about 8 drumsticks xxx

x_Champagne_Supernova_x said:
The chili was lovely - i used quorn but the slow cooker didn't like it and made it soggy - but the actual chilli was beautiful tho - will make it with real mince next time!

Oh that's good to kno ta. Was thinkin I'd try it with quorn but wasn't sure how it'd cook

*Claire-Bear* said:
Another fabulous option are Swartz SLOW COOKER packets ....

Sausage and bean casserole

1packet of casserole
low fat sausages (8)
1 onion
300mls water
can of beans (any of your choice)

Fry the sausages and onions in a pan. mix the packet with the water. then add everything to your slow cooker. cook for 6-8 hours. if theres too much water at the end, leave the lid off and it will evaporate. then ready to serve.

7 PROPOINTS PER PORTION BASED ON 4 SHARING

How do you work the points out? I've been looking at their stuff and can't work out how many points would be in it...? Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

How do you work the points out? I've been looking at their stuff and can't work out how many points would be in it...? Thanks.

Work out the PP for each ingredient individually.. OR.. Input the recipe onto MFP and it'll add everything up as a total and you can work it out from that :)

Dubchick81 said:
Work out the PP for each ingredient individually.. OR.. Input the recipe onto MFP and it'll add everything up as a total and you can work it out from that :)

Sorry, what is MFP? Never heard of that before :)

Sorry, what is MFP? Never heard of that before :)

Sorry.. its myfitnesspal.. Its another site for tracking/getting nutritional info on almost anything you can think of.. you can build a recipe entering the exact ingredients you use, (weights and brands etc) and it tots up all the NV's and gives a total for the complete recipe.. Really handy site :)

Dubchick81 said:
Sorry.. its myfitnesspal.. Its another site for tracking/getting nutritional info on almost anything you can think of.. you can build a recipe entering the exact ingredients you use, (weights and brands etc) and it tots up all the NV's and gives a total for the complete recipe.. Really handy site :)

Wow, that sounds just what I need as Im no good at working things out myself lol is this an app or just a website?

Thanks a lot :)

Wow, that sounds just what I need as Im no good at working things out myself lol is this an app or just a website?

Thanks a lot :)

www.myfitnesspal.com

or you can download the app on your phone xxx

*Claire-Bear* said:
www.myfitnesspal.com

or you can download the app on your phone xxx

Thanks, I have it now, it looks ideal for me, and I have since been to Morrisons and bought the schwartz slow cooker chicken curry which I will make tomorrow nite.

Thanks again :)

Thanks, I have it now, it looks ideal for me, and I have since been to Morrisons and bought the schwartz slow cooker chicken curry which I will make tomorrow nite.

Thanks again :)

Ooh enjoy... I'm having that tomoro too... Gona prep it all tonight ready to go in the slow cooker before I set off for work.. Love coming home to a yummy cooked meal :)

oooooo i forgot about the swartz chicken curry, its gooooorgeous ..... ile hav get some now you mentioned it :p:D

*Claire-Bear* said:
oooooo i forgot about the swartz chicken curry, its gooooorgeous ..... ile hav get some now you mentioned it :p:D

Lol when I was buying the ingredients today it made me hungry lol :) Im looking forward to trying it out, I bought tho sausage & bean casserole aswell and the beef & tomato casserole, they all sound yummy :)

Lol when I was buying the ingredients today it made me hungry lol :) Im looking forward to trying it out, I bought tho sausage & bean casserole aswell and the beef & tomato casserole, they all sound yummy :)

I dunno if your new to slow cooking but ive always found these swartz packets tend to be quite watery once cooked ... i usually leave the cooker lid off for half an hour to an hour to help evaporate the excess fluid ;)

Back