Green Day Slow Cooker Recipes!

Jessieh90

Silver Member
So I'm pretty excited as I've just purchased a slow cooker (easily pleased!!)

But I have no recipes for it :( so was hoping someone may have some good vegetarian slow cooker recipes they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

Thanks in advance!

That's a great investment, I've used a slow cooker for years.
Yesterday I made a chilli (mine was with minced beef but you could use bulgar wheat or quorn mince)
Onion
Garlic
Chilli
Mixed herbs
Any veg that you like
lentils
passata
stock
red kidney beans

Just throw them in a large pan, when hot transfer to the slow cooker and enjoy....:)
I make a huge pot full and eat some then freeze the rest in portion size pots

Have fun

Hi, new to this forum but I am a veggie so always green days for me! I love my slow cooker, it's such a god send- bung everything in and forget about it for hours! I make...
- mixed bean chilli
- butternut squash chilli
-veggie chickpea tagine
- soups! Cook them in the slow cooker and blend when they're done
- quorn sausage casserole

That's a great investment, I've used a slow cooker for years.
Yesterday I made a chilli (mine was with minced beef but you could use bulgar wheat or quorn mince)
Onion
Garlic
Chilli
Mixed herbs
Any veg that you like
lentils
passata
stock
red kidney beans

Just throw them in a large pan, when hot transfer to the slow cooker and enjoy....:)
I make a huge pot full and eat some then freeze the rest in portion size pots

Have fun

Oooo that sounds lush! I've tried with a lentil bolognaise this morning - can't wait to see the results when I get home!

Only thing is.... I put all the veg in raw - will it be a huge problem that I didnt cook it first?

Hi, new to this forum but I am a veggie so always green days for me! I love my slow cooker, it's such a god send- bung everything in and forget about it for hours! I make...
- mixed bean chilli
- butternut squash chilli
-veggie chickpea tagine
- soups! Cook them in the slow cooker and blend when they're done
- quorn sausage casserole

Hey Ellie :) (& welcome!)

Those recipes sound amazing! What goes into the butternut squash chilli & the tangine?

Hey Ellie :) (& welcome!)

Those recipes sound amazing! What goes into the butternut squash chilli & the tangine?

Thank you! I'm not really a recipe follower but in the tagine I would tend to put chickpeas, squash, courgette, onion, pepper, garlic, passata, paprika, cumin and some harrissa paste!

Chilli would be a basic bean chilli with audki beans, tinned toms, onion garlic, dried cumin, paprika, dried chillies, bit of cayenne pepper and then through in some cubed squash!

I love my slow cooker - great meals that involve lots of super free!! Add spinach at the end of the cooking for a lot of things to up to super free even more!

Thank you! I'm not really a recipe follower but in the tagine I would tend to put chickpeas, squash, courgette, onion, pepper, garlic, passata, paprika, cumin and some harrissa paste!

Chilli would be a basic bean chilli with audki beans, tinned toms, onion garlic, dried cumin, paprika, dried chillies, bit of cayenne pepper and then through in some cubed squash!

I love my slow cooker - great meals that involve lots of super free!! Add spinach at the end of the cooking for a lot of things to up to super free even more!

Thank you - will definately be trying some of those over the weekend!

I've only recently realised that you can have cashew nuts as your HeXB so I think I might try making a vegetarian cashew nut curry in the slow cooker later!

Oooo that sounds lush! I've tried with a lentil bolognaise this morning - can't wait to see the results when I get home!

Only thing is.... I put all the veg in raw - will it be a huge problem that I didnt cook it first?

I guess by now you know the answer to your question - shouldn't be a problem at all, it's best for stuff to be hot when it goes in though, otherwise it takes a while for the slow cooker to heat it.

Back