Slow losers, do you find it hard to keep movitated?

When i have done previous diets i always felt if i lost a pound i was a failure. However after watching some of the Biggest Loser On Sky and seeing them workout for hours then losing only a pound. It gave me a different look on things.

Slimming World is a plan for life so i do not stress if i lose a pound or even put one on, this is hopefully forever so 1lb off is still going in the right direction.

I am definetly a very slow looser and I have been quite down about it in the past. It is frustrating but i just motivate myself with the knowledge that if I had actually commited to a healthy diet choice all the times before that by now I would have reached my target weight. I find that's really helping me at the moment. So I've accepted it is going to take time but it will be so worth it in the end. I also think of it not just about weight loss and making better choices so im healthy on the inside which will eventually become evident on the outside. My skin and hair are all in much better condition. I think the best thing to do is to keep focused on the positive! :)

I've been lurking round these forums for a while now for inspiration, but had to join when I saw this thread!

I would LOVE to have lost as much as some of you! I started SW in February, and finally got my half stone sticker at my last weigh in - averages at less than half a pound a week. To make me feel even worse, my friend that I joined with lost more than that in his first week!

There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern with my losses at all - one week I'll be really good, stick to all my syns and maintain, or gain half a pound. Another, I'll slip up and gorge on alcohol and takeaways, and end up losing! It's really frustrating, but I just keep reminding myself that if I hadn't joined SW, I would have gained weight every single week.

That said, I am determined to lose my next half stone by the beginning of September...!

This thread (and all those who have posted) is such an inspiration!

I honestly thought it was just me! I hated sitting in class week in - week out listening to how much other people were losing. I kept thinking 'why not me?'. People who had joined after me have lost more then me already. I was starting to feel a bit wobbly and was nearly throwing the towel in.

10 weigh ins and only -8.5lb off. But I've decided the 'Slow & steady wins the race' is my new motto. The weight didn't go on overnight and it will not drop off overnight. I'm really enjoying the plan and don't feel like I'm on a diet. It's a lifestyle change and both my husband & I have noticed some changes already. So if I keep sticking to it, who knows how much I'll have off by the time I go back to work on 20 September or by holiday on 01 October or by Christmas or by my 40th birthday next April.

I've lots to look forward to and lots of reasons to work towards mini weight loss goals to help me on my way. Plus, I've found this site, which I know will be a great help.

I thought that I was generally a slow loser, but reading people's posts in this thread is so inspirational and I will not be complaining again if I 'only lose 1lb'.
Like a few people have said, I don't really see SW as a diet. Ok, I do miss the occasional thing and feel a bit left out when people around me are eating things I don't want to use my syns on, but overall I'm really happy with SW and I don't find it a struggle (most of the time!) to stay on plan and I enjoy the food I'm eating.
Also agree that I didn't get to the weight that I was over a couple of months, so why should I expect it to be gone quickly?!
So yeah, enough rambling, a big well done to all the slow losers who stick it out and give great advice.
Kelly.xx

ps. Excellent thread :D

I just wanted to give a big cheer to all the slow losers who have posted so far - I| know we're gonna be the biggest losers in the end.

This is totally me. I started healthy eating in 2008, I lost 2 stone over a year and a half. and then started SW as it was slowing down even more. It's now taken me from oct 2009 to now (10 months) to lose 21lbs.

Its extremely slow, I believe it's my own fault though because I have been such a yo-yo dieter since I was like 13-14yrs old. so may have damaged my metabolism. Well thats my theory anyway lol

but even though its been slow progress, it's still been progress, which is much better than putting on weight or staying where I was, so though frustrating at points it has been one of the best things I've done.

...and I can't believe how far I've come, I never thought it was possible until now.

GO SLOW LOSERS!

xx :D

Losing slowly

Hi all :
I am new here, my name is Victoria. ( I did an introduction thread before ).
I joined SW online as I live in the States, though I do spend a lot of time in Essex, as I am in long distance relationship, so we go back and forth.
SW has come to the States however not in NY where I am, they are only in Texas so far.
I joined last Wed. I lost 1.3 so far, and that is with hours of exercise per week ( I own a stationary bike and treadmill ) and I joined Curves the other day.
I am nearly 50, in the last stages of perimenopause, so I am consigned to the fact that I will probably be lucky to lose a pound a week at this point, from so many years of disordered eating, and yo yoing up and down for nearly 30 years.
I know somebody in Cheltenham, who joined the same day as I did, and I have lost 1.3 and she smoked off 7 !!!!!!
Go figure. LOL
Glad to be here.

this is such a good post!! I am SO a SLOW LOSER!!! I watch all those biggest loser programs and see the great weight loss in a week and being green with envy wishing it was me!! Just glad to see am not alone. I guess the one good thing about it being slow is that the weight is unlikely to come back - so thanks for posting peeps and lets hang in there, it'll be worthwhile in the end...even if we lose 1lb a week thats 52lbs in a year (stole that from someone else that posted...hehe)!!

How are all the slow losers doing this week? Just been to weigh in and only lost 0.5lb, after being absolutely 100% on plan, having been to the gym four times and swimming. Gutted, especially as my mates who binged massively on Saturday night (food and alcohol) lost a pound each :(

I'm a slow loser. I've lost just over 3 and a half stone which is 49.5lbs but in 69 weeks. My last half stone took 14 weeks to come off. However, all those small losses have added up and changed my life. SW doesn't feel like a diet but just a different way of eating and so I find it easy to stick to. I'm never hungry and I'm still just as excited about all the different foods I can eat as when I started.

If you're a slow loser you just have to accept it and be patient. The end results will still be exactly the same as fast losers if not better. If your weight comes of slowly your skin has more time to catch up and you might not have as much loose skin.

SLOW !!! I would have loved to have lost a pound a week. I have been going to Sw since may 2009. 14 months later and I STILL haven't lost two stone and still not in healthy BMI. Personally for me I think it is because my diet wasn't exceptionally unhealthy to start with. I didn't have to make many major changes other than not having any take aways(used to have one a month), cutting out the olive oil, drinking skimmed milk not semi, cutting back on the number of teas and coffees which all had a big splash of milk in, cutting down my big big portions and not sprinklng cheese on my pasta. I have noticed in class, that the biggest losers are the ones who ate mainly rubbish with a couple bits of fruit and veg thrown in. (not literally but you get what I mean)
I am really hoping that the weight will stay off because it has been so slow.

Hello, my name is Pammyd, and I am a slow loser.

Why is it that I can lose it at an average of <1lb a week, but can gain it at >2lbs a week? :sigh:
Am loving this thread as I don't feel so alone now.
I think I was like Brightonrosie and had followed "diets" for years, so already ate low fat, high fibre etc. and had a fairly decent diet in the first place. I'm sure mine is portion control. I know that free food is free food, saying that, its only free if your eating to satisfy not to stuff, if that makes sense.
Hope this thread keeps going as I do need motivation adn knowing that I'm not the only one helps...:flirt2:

Thanks for a great thread - it's great to know that I'm not alone in being a slow loser. My best friend lost 5lbs in her first week despite being a skinny minnie already (with only 10lbs to lose) and I only lost 1lb (with 3 1/2 stone to lose).

Ach well, the scales are going in the right direction that's the main thing...

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I wouldn't consider 2 stone in 6 months slow.
I have been doing this since jan this time to and i have lost 2 and a half and I don't consider myself a slow loser.
I would never consider any other diet again sw is easy we can live a normal life on it. sure the big numbers sound great but how many of these people keep it off.
i've done this a number of times before losing about the same speed as this time but got to 2 stone and started to get fed up twice and twice I have regained it all within 6 months.

I'm the same, I started in January and I'm still 2.5 pounds away from my 2 stone mark and it's frustrating the hell out of me! To be fair, I've had a few weeks where I've not followed the plan and either STS or gained and the only person I can blame is myself. With previous diet's, I would have given up by now and put it all back on and probably more, but this one works (when you stick to it!)

I like being in the "Slow Losers Club", at least it's going, and in the right direction too!:)

I don't see it as slow losses, just health, sustainable loss... I'm really pleased with my 1lb a week average, 4lb a month is a lot of weight, when I see it as 2 bags of sugar a month it really hits home.

I'd be happy to lose a pound a week for the next 70+ weeks :eek:)

Well I first joined SW over a year ago and the only thing I lost was ££££'s not Lb's :eek: :(

I yo-yo'd up and down for the whole 12 months and losing and gaining the same 7lb's.

But something clicked about 2/3 weeks ago (not just that I stared to plan a wedding :D) I just decided I didn't want to be fat anymore... I'm so bored of it. Sick of being the biggest among my friends and wishing I could go in nice clothes shops and not feel like the skinny sales girls are laughing at me.

Anyway - been sticking to the plan 100% for over 2 weeks now (although with 1 small blip in the form of a Chicken Caeser wrap) I'm trying to take it one day at a time - Crikey sounds like AA, "my name is Cailin and I'm a (slow) Loser " :rolleyes:

Last week, I lost 2.5lbs and I should have been over the moon with it - I was happy, don't get me wrong but my friend who also started afresh, lost 4.5lbs, now she is smaller than me anyway and had lots to drink (Beer & Wine) 2 days in a row and still lost 2lb more than me... I was soooo jealous, I could have cried.

After giving myself a major kick in the ass for being jealous of my friend, I decided that slow and steady does win the race and even if I only lose 1lb per week up to my wedding, I'll be a lot slimmer and healthier than I am now. So every week, I'm aiming for 1lb - anything more will be a bonus.

Hi

When I look on here I always consider myself to be a slow loser, but I think thats more because I find it difficult to stick to my syn level in a week.

Ive seem to be losing some, staying the same, losing some, staying the same, losing some, staying the same etc. The first time I STS I was a bit upset with myself, the next time I was pleased as my week involved a wedding, bbq and a trip to the seaside (which involved fish + chips and ice cream cos its rude not to ;)), then the next I was a bit annoyed, but when I looked at my previous weeks I realised thats what is happening to me.

Im losing on average 1.4lbs a week. I do see other people at WI's who lose 3, 4, 5 lbs and more. However I won slimmer of the month for June :D as I had lost the most weight that month. I lost 8lbs in total and had 2 STS so slowly and steady definately does it ;)

TBH I believe that if you lose too much every week how can it stay off? A lot of places that talk about losing weight (whether its internet, books, magazines etc) all seem to suggest that the healthy amount to lose is 1-2lbs a week.

So well done to everybody for losing weight no matter how quick or slow its taking you. You will get there in the end.

Back