Slow loss?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by blue_grapefruit, 16 March 2011 Social URL.

1. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Can you please look at my signature and tell me if you think I'm having slow losses?

I'm 5ft 1, start BMI was 39 and I'm BMI 31.5ish now.

Everyone in my class has lost at least 10lbs more than me and it's so disheartening, even the people with only 3st to lose where as I have at least 5st.

I know each journey is individual but seeing everyone around me lose it faster is starting to get to me (and it's SO expensive omg!!)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pinkie :)

Pinkie :) Slowly shrinking again!

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(12.07%)
    Diet:
    Jan - July '11 on LLT (Lost 72lbs). Sept '12 on S&S (For Refocus!).
    Aww, nope Hun! Your losses are good... Higher than my average! :)

I've got used to losing 2lbs a week, although will admit it was very disheartening at the start! But I realised I just lose slower, that's how my body is! So i extended my goal date by 3 months, took the pressure off myself 'to compete with everyone else'! And settled into my own pace! It's going in the right direction and here I am, with it all adding up to a nice 46lbs so far! Woohoo!! Plus, I feel like my body is adjusting to the slower weight loss well... It's giving it time to get used to the small increments and I feel healthier for it... ;)

Course, I'd love big 4 or 5lb losses each week, but it ain't gonna happen! I am losing though, as are you... Which is great! And we'll be at goal in no time! We have the same to lose too!

Hang in there hunny! we're shrinking as we speak... So let's just celebrate that and try not to compare our losses with others... We can't change it, and so it'll only make us feel crap!

And we're not! We're fab!! :D

Xx

4. LadyT

LadyT Tough But Sexy X

Start Weight:
    93.4kg
    Current Weight:
    88kg
    Goal Weight:
    73kg
    Lost(%):
    5.4kg(5.83%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Hi, firstly congratulations on losing 30lb (unless my maths is worse than I think lol) and also snap I too have lost 30lbs. That in itself is a huge achievement and you must be seeing the results in your bodyshape, I know I am.

I totally understand how you feel about the slow losses, it can be very frustrating when others in the group may not be 100% abstinent or generally just manage to lose more than you (and me) but you are actually losing more than the average for LL, which my counsellor informs me is 3lb per week. I worked yours out to be 3.3lb's those extra .3lb's make a huge difference over time.

I think you also need to consider that the cost when you say it as a figure is alot, but when you think about what you get for your money, the ability to understand your relationship with food and also how to tackle it in the future so you dont end up in the same place again, that in itself is priceless.

I, like Pinkie had to review my goal, is it the end of the world, no not really its an extra month/6 weeks for a lifetime of good health, happiness and an amazing body (well here's hoping for the body part lol)
    Chin up my lovely and stay strong, you are doing so well xx

5. Twinny

Twinny Full Member

Goal Weight:
    49.9kg
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Your losses look fine to me... ;)

6. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

You are doing just fine! Congratulations on your losses so far, and stick with it until you get to goal and beyond xx

7. ReezieJay

ReezieJay Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(17.95%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hey, dont feel down your losses are great. Ive heard that shorter people for whatever reason lose weight slower than taller people. Your losses are equal to mine and im 5ft5 so your doing something right. Like the others have said you will get there in time and slow and steady wins the race x

8. goodthingsinsmallpackages

goodthingsinsmallpackages Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7.5lb(48.17%)
    Diet:
    maintaining with CC
    I'm 5ft exactly and apart from the first 3 weeks I lost 3lbs every week and sometimes nothing at all!

I too felt down sometimes but when in RTM I carried on losing, sometimes 2 or 3lbs. I have now finished RTM and am still losing a bit which needs to stop but at least I know it's not difficult for my body to maintain and I have had plenty of things that aren't that healthy, just keep it healthy 85% of the time

I have found I lose weight slower but also gain slower too (or I am guessing so because it took me 6 years of eating badly to gain 3 stone)

Basically what I am saying that losing slower isn't really a bad thing in the long term and your losses average out to a pretty good rate of loss.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.