Slow loss?

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Can you please look at my signature and tell me if you think I'm having slow losses?

I'm 5ft 1, start BMI was 39 and I'm BMI 31.5ish now.

Everyone in my class has lost at least 10lbs more than me and it's so disheartening, even the people with only 3st to lose where as I have at least 5st.

I know each journey is individual but seeing everyone around me lose it faster is starting to get to me (and it's SO expensive omg!!)

Aww, nope Hun! Your losses are good... Higher than my average! :)

I've got used to losing 2lbs a week, although will admit it was very disheartening at the start! But I realised I just lose slower, that's how my body is! So i extended my goal date by 3 months, took the pressure off myself 'to compete with everyone else'! And settled into my own pace! It's going in the right direction and here I am, with it all adding up to a nice 46lbs so far! Woohoo!! Plus, I feel like my body is adjusting to the slower weight loss well... It's giving it time to get used to the small increments and I feel healthier for it... ;)

Course, I'd love big 4 or 5lb losses each week, but it ain't gonna happen! I am losing though, as are you... Which is great! And we'll be at goal in no time! We have the same to lose too!

Hang in there hunny! we're shrinking as we speak... So let's just celebrate that and try not to compare our losses with others... We can't change it, and so it'll only make us feel crap!

And we're not! We're fab!! :D

Xx

Hi, firstly congratulations on losing 30lb (unless my maths is worse than I think lol) and also snap I too have lost 30lbs. That in itself is a huge achievement and you must be seeing the results in your bodyshape, I know I am.

I totally understand how you feel about the slow losses, it can be very frustrating when others in the group may not be 100% abstinent or generally just manage to lose more than you (and me) but you are actually losing more than the average for LL, which my counsellor informs me is 3lb per week. I worked yours out to be 3.3lb's those extra .3lb's make a huge difference over time.

I think you also need to consider that the cost when you say it as a figure is alot, but when you think about what you get for your money, the ability to understand your relationship with food and also how to tackle it in the future so you dont end up in the same place again, that in itself is priceless.

I, like Pinkie had to review my goal, is it the end of the world, no not really its an extra month/6 weeks for a lifetime of good health, happiness and an amazing body (well here's hoping for the body part lol)
Chin up my lovely and stay strong, you are doing so well xx

You are doing just fine! Congratulations on your losses so far, and stick with it until you get to goal and beyond xx

Hey, dont feel down your losses are great. Ive heard that shorter people for whatever reason lose weight slower than taller people. Your losses are equal to mine and im 5ft5 so your doing something right. Like the others have said you will get there in time and slow and steady wins the race x

I'm 5ft exactly and apart from the first 3 weeks I lost 3lbs every week and sometimes nothing at all!

I too felt down sometimes but when in RTM I carried on losing, sometimes 2 or 3lbs. I have now finished RTM and am still losing a bit which needs to stop but at least I know it's not difficult for my body to maintain and I have had plenty of things that aren't that healthy, just keep it healthy 85% of the time

I have found I lose weight slower but also gain slower too (or I am guessing so because it took me 6 years of eating badly to gain 3 stone)

Basically what I am saying that losing slower isn't really a bad thing in the long term and your losses average out to a pretty good rate of loss.

Back