Slow weight loss

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi guys

I started SW again the last week in October and since then have lost 12lbs. I did put 8lbs over xmas tho, and have one more pound to lose before I'm back to where I was before I went off plan for xmas. I just feel like 1lb a week average is slow. If I keep going at 1lbs average it'll take me a year to lose 3 stone :( I have about 10 stone to lose. Does anyone else have low moments like this? It's really frustrating when you feel like you're giving 100% and losing nothing. I can't even tell that I've almost lost a stone, tbh I feel fatter. I know when I start the gym it might boost it a bit, but they're messing me about with inductions dates & security forms, feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Sorry to moan but it's all a bit crap today :( star week which could explain it all :eek:

evilpenguin, all I can really say to you here is that you're doing fine and well on the way to getting to goal! Does it really matter how long it takes to get there? How easy would it have been for you to put off starting SW for another year, or even 3 years? Just think if you hadn't started before Christmas what position would you be in now? Would you be putting it off even longer? I bet the festive damage would have been worse if you hadn't already started the plan!! You can't undo what's past but you can certainly put it behind you and change your future! Just because you haven't lost as quickly as you'd hoped to so far, doesn't mean that you can't step things up from now on!! Stop putting pressure on yourself and move on with positivity! You're doing great!X

I lose 1lb a week- thats it- no magical formula that amazingly transforms me overnight BUT if I had given up due to it being a slow process (very tempting) I would be fatter now than when I started.

Yes it may take years (it has taken me 2 so far- so what? I had to live through those 2 years anyway- had some pretty good times along the way, so hey! why worry)

Check out my pictures in my profile mate- 1lb a week can make a massive difference over time

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See, no better inspiration than Cocktailprincess! Just confirms that it's meant to be a life-long change, not a quick fix! X

You look amazing cocktailprincess. I don't want to give up, I'd hate myself if I did. I'm having a pretty rubbish week, star week isn't helping, just needed to be slapped out of it. This will sound pathetic, but cos I do SW on my own and weigh in at home I feel like I never really get a 'well done' for losing. My bf is nice about it, but not much, I think he's in competition to lose more than I do every week. Just feels a bit like, well if nobody cares what's the point? I weighed in on Monday and had lost 5.5lbs and my bf asked "are you sure the scales are working" ... yeah.. But I know I'm doing this for me and nobody else. Maybe I should go back to a group? Can't afford it right now though

Thanks for your advice tho guys. 1lb off a week is better than back on, I know!! Just having one of those days I think.

just think that by losing weight at a slower rate theres more chance of you actually keeping it off. Im only losing 1-2lbs a week & im estatic about it because I know that Im more likely to stick at it.
Chin up & good luck :D

Mine has been a pound a week, if it was ever 2lb I would STS the week before or after. As it happens now that I've lost it, I can't remember what I used to eat before, so SW really is a way of life.
You are doing well and should be proud of yourself xx

1lb a week is perfectly normal hun. Not slow! You are doing well.

I don't know your financial situation so can't really comment but could you just change one thing you do or buy each week to find that fiver to join a group? It may be just what you need.

Stick with it, 52lbs a year is almost 4 stone. That's no mean feat I think!

1lb a week is perfectly normal hun. Not slow! You are doing well.

I don't know your financial situation so can't really comment but could you just change one thing you do or buy each week to find that fiver to join a group? It may be just what you need.

Stick with it, 52lbs a year is almost 4 stone. That's no mean feat I think!

I'm going on holiday for my 21st birthday in March so every penny is a prisoner at the moment. I wasn't keen on my C when I went to class anyway, and she does a lot of the classes near me & the only one she doesn't do is at a really awkward time. I appreciate all of the support from minimins & the advice is so much better than anything my C ever said!! I need people around me in real life to start supporting me a bit more I think.

If you are finding just seeing 1lb a week coming off demoralising and you are not going to class so don't lose out financially if you don't go weekly - why don't you weigh yourself once a month?

If you know you are following the plan then you don't have to fret about weekly checks that you are on track.

That way you will say a larger difference between your before and now figures? It probably won't be anymore than if you weighed yourself weekly but it may give you a psychological boost xx

suepat, thanks for the advice. I'm on of those ones who can hardly stay off the scales tho so I would struggle to get through a month with no WI at all. I have thought about monthly weigh in's before though.

Back