Slow Weight Loss

I'm on Day 11 of SS but my weight loss is much slower than I expected (I know I had high expectations but I am a little disappointed). I've lost 6lb in the 11 days which is averaging out at around .5 lbs per day but I really thought I would have lost double that amount by this stage.

I've another 20lbs to lose but can only SS until I lose the next 4lbs and I'm also really worried that with the 790 plan I'm either going to be at a standsill or I might even put on weight.

Has anyone any tips/advice on how to increase weight loss (I'm drinking 4 litres of water every day) and also how to minimise the effect of going onto 790 (my CDC is away for the next 2 weeks).

Many thanks

I am also having very slow losses. I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I was dissapointed at first and was getting really frustrated because i want to lose a stone a month. But i am noticing that i am losing inches and my clothes are looser.

I also think that the slower the weightloss the more likely it will stay off.

Try to stay positive. I know its difficult because i have been there and i find it very hard to stay positive myself. But keep taking measurements and keep drinking the water.

I would also find it interesting to see what tips/advice people have to increase weightloss. I plan to start some exercising this week, maybe that might help you lose more.

Good Luck xx :)

I'm on Day 11 of SS but my weight loss is much slower than I expected (I know I had high expectations but I am a little disappointed). I've lost 6lb in the 11 days which is averaging out at around .5 lbs per day but I really thought I would have lost double that amount by this stage.

I've another 20lbs to lose but can only SS until I lose the next 4lbs and I'm also really worried that with the 790 plan I'm either going to be at a standsill or I might even put on weight.

Has anyone any tips/advice on how to increase weight loss (I'm drinking 4 litres of water every day) and also how to minimise the effect of going onto 790 (my CDC is away for the next 2 weeks).

Many thanks

Oh please dont worry 790 is fine and you will still lose weight, but in any case it dosnt sound as if you have much to lose. I am on my last stone and because i am feeling so good im on the 1200 cal plan and im still losing although very very slowly. It dosnt seem so important to lose it at speed once you can get into nice clothes and im sure it helps you to learn how to keep it off. Good luck im sure you will be fine. I was on 790 most of the time because ss didnt suit me and i still lost 3lb a week.:)

Thanks a million Maybe Baby & Sallies. Good to know I'm not alone in the slow weight loss - I keep trying to console myself that maybe the less you have to lose the less that comes off (eg. maybe its only possible to lose say 10% per week of what you want to lose?). I also took you up on the idea of exercise and went to the gym - did an hour walking on the treadmill and felt great (I'd been keeping away from exercise till now as I thought I wouldn't be able to manage it so I was really surprised that I got through it). Great to know that the 790 doesn't stop the weight loss altogether. Thanks so much girls - I really appreciate it.

Stick with it im sure you will be fine and if you need to chat when things get desperate you can allways pm me. :psiholog:
Although i seem to be on the pink site more than on here. However im frequently checking on here if not posting a lot.:)

You're slower weightloss is probably due to the fact that you haven't got much to lose.

On a more traditional diet, you would probably being losing very slowly at this stage and probably plateauing well:rolleyes:

You'll do just fine on 790.

Well done for your loss so far:cool:

And the reason you didn't get the "mega" loss that some of us get in the first week is that you couldn't have had that much glycogen in your system so probably means you were being good before the diet started so well done.

And if you have a smaller amount to lose then you do lose it slower, at the same point though you have lost nearly half a stone which is great and I would expect your clothes to start feeling looser by now or if not within a week or so.

M.

Thanks guys. Icemoose - what you said makes sense as I was eating very low carbs for a few weeks before the diet so hopefully that's why the weight loss is slower. Andyou are all right in that hey - I've lost half a stone now so far in a week and a half - if I'd been on weightwatchers that would have taken me around a month!!!. So I think I'll just readjust my expectations and continue on losing :) (Tis the first time I ever liked being a 'Loser: :) ). Thanks for the support and words of wisdom everyone.

Back