Extra Easy Slowly slowly slimming sweetly ?

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Im always hearing people at group losing 2,3,4 or more pounds reguarly and if im honestdo get a bit jealous lol as the most ive lost lately is 1.5lb.

No one comments very often even though ive been losing eAch week although sw group and minimins are very encouraging :)

Because everyone sees me reguarly they dont notice the loss much, even i dont lol but i was so chuffed earlier when a friend who havnt seen in ages commented on my weight loss and i realised that it must show, i have lost weight and i will continue to do it!

Even if people seem faster losersits ok! it just means that by the time we get to target we will have had even more experience in healthy eating which in return will keep us in the zone longer and be better equipped to carry it on in the future!

So heres to all us that are getting to our dream weights 1lb at a time!! :) congratulations! :) xx

Yea the most I lose is 2 pound a week this time round. Half what I lost last time. I'm not able to exercise everyday so that's partly the reason I think but it's not affecting my life and I don't want to have to change my life to fit exercise in as I find it makes me feel like more of an effort

My mum only loses between 1/2 and 1lb a week but when she got to target she'd lost or maintained every week. Often you find the people that lose big amounts also put on big amounts

Im always hearing people at group losing 2,3,4 or more pounds reguarly and if im honestdo get a bit jealous lol as the most ive lost lately is 1.5lb.

No one comments very often even though ive been losing eAch week although sw group and minimins are very encouraging :)

Because everyone sees me reguarly they dont notice the loss much, even i dont lol but i was so chuffed earlier when a friend who havnt seen in ages commented on my weight loss and i realised that it must show, i have lost weight and i will continue to do it!

Even if people seem faster losersits ok! it just means that by the time we get to target we will have had even more experience in healthy eating which in return will keep us in the zone longer and be better equipped to carry it on in the future!

So heres to all us that are getting to our dream weights 1lb at a time!! :) congratulations! :) xx

Loving your positive attitude! Thank you I shall remember the benefits of loosing slowly but steadily when I am next disappointed with my weight loss!

Well another 1lb loss this week :) x

I've always lost slowly, so started counting/imagining my weight loss in blocks of butter ie 1/2lb = 1 block of butter, so your 1.5lb loss means you've loss the equivalent of 3 blocks of butter .... in 1 week!

I think that sounds fab!

agree with the big losers and gainers, there's a woman in my group who can gain or lose 6 pounds in a week! i only lose at the most a pound a week with quite a few sts,s thrown in! i dont think some people realise that not everyone loses weight at the same weight, there was a woman at my group who was complaining she had only lost a pound, but she said it was no wonder as she had been out thur, Fri and Sat and done no exercise!!! i had to bite my tongue as for me to lose that have to be 100%! it may take longer but the results are the same keep up the good work x

hollystar100 said:
agree with the big losers and gainers, there's a woman in my group who can gain or lose 6 pounds in a week! i only lose at the most a pound a week with quite a few sts,s thrown in! i dont think some people realise that not everyone loses weight at the same weight, there was a woman at my group who was complaining she had only lost a pound, but she said it was no wonder as she had been out thur, Fri and Sat and done no exercise!!! i had to bite my tongue as for me to lose that have to be 100%! it may take longer but the results are the same keep up the good work x

Thanks hun x its good to hear someone elses way of thinking x ive had four good weeks in a row since hearing ive got gallstones so its def given me incentive to stay for the long run as used to lose a couple of weeks then gain then lose then gain so perhaps this is better wAy forward for me losing regular pounds gradually instead of losing big chunks then gaining it and more in a week x

Well done on your losses too :) x

loosemyageinweight said:
I've always lost slowly, so started counting/imagining my weight loss in blocks of butter ie 1/2lb = 1 block of butter, so your 1.5lb loss means you've loss the equivalent of 3 blocks of butter .... in 1 week!

I think that sounds fab!

Oooh yes that is a good way of looking at it :) thanks hun x

Another 1lb off :) x

Hi, I'm exactly the same. I loose from 1/2 to 1 1/2 a week and my first week is never more than 2. I don't mind though really as an average of 1/2 a week will give me 26 in a year which is excellent really.

eejayess said:
Hi, I'm exactly the same. I loose from 1/2 to 1 1/2 a week and my first week is never more than 2. I don't mind though really as an average of 1/2 a week will give me 26 in a year which is excellent really.

Hi well done for all your losses hun :) yes thsts a good way to look at it :) x im trying to do 1stone by christmas in club ans marked off my 1lb with a sticker on the board there so off it goes lol when is your weigh in day? X what plan do u do? I do extra easy as its what it says in the name :)

i like this thread. I just posted about this as a bit down about only losing 1lb a week but just read your posts and they are encouraging. What makes it good is that the diet's so great. I've been making the recipes and the food is great. Look at my signature and see my great losses when I did Cambridge a few years ago but it was torture, utter torture, and look at how much I've gained since then. So I'm going to stick with slow and easy and hopefully win the race this time. Thanks for the encouraging thread.

broxi said:
i like this thread. I just posted about this as a bit down about only losing 1lb a week but just read your posts and they are encouraging. What makes it good is that the diet's so great. I've been making the recipes and the food is great. Look at my signature and see my great losses when I did Cambridge a few years ago but it was torture, utter torture, and look at how much I've gained since then. So I'm going to stick with slow and easy and hopefully win the race this time. Thanks for the encouraging thread.

Well done broxi for starting again! Takes a lot to get us started but now we sre on a longer journey that will sustain is and hopefuy allow us to remain losing snd keep them pounds from ping back on once we are at target :) glad the post has been helpfull :) xx

I'm the same and it's good to know I'm not alone. The biggest loss I've had is 2lbs but that's only if I've had a bad week the week before, generally I lose 1/2-1lb a week, initially I was disappointed and wanted it off faster (don't we all!) but now I can look back and I've lost over 2 stone, it's taken me a year but I know it's been steady and hopefully this means there's more chance of it staying off.

Not been on here for a few weeks but feels like longer, had a bad few weeks with a maintain then two 1lb gains x just totally lost control and even though was eating sw friendly food its what i was eating in between that caused it x found out ive finally got my operation on 30th november and they would like me to lose at leadt 8lb which i know will be hard as i only ever seem to lose half or 1lb each week x so i have stopped eating meat and going to give green days a go to jumble up my matabalism lol see if that will lickstart something? Once had gallbladder out im in for a rocky rd food wise as not sure how my digestive system will manage after so need to get consistant with my food so can keep it in control :) x hows everybody been doing? X

I was a slow loser, but never gave up and got to target nearly 12 months ago. I had a few maintains on my journey, but never gained. And I am still doing S W, to eat any other sort of way just doesnt enter my head now. Its a sustainable way of life.And enjoyable too. You will do this :)

I think losing slowly means you will keep it off. I don't know why everybody is in such a rush, SW isn't a quick fix it's a plan you can follow for life. It took time to get to the weight you are now and it will take time to get it off!

:)

Back