Sluggishness

Calliginosity

When you lose weight, do you stop feeling sluggish? I'm not sure it's just a mindset thing anymore, I'm a lot more cheerful as of late, but I've become so accustomed to this near-constant lethargy and easy tiredness..

I think everyone gets affected differently. I found my energy levels were very low before and most of the way thru LT but are much better now post refeed. Before LT I used to eat to 'give me energy' which actually had the opposite effect and I couldn't get my head around it. I did wonder during LT why after constantly losing weight week after week I was unable to enjoy the 'lightness' and energy boost I was expecting as I was so much lighter. It's only become obvious to me now that I have more energy, and it's so nice now to be able to race up the stairs without having to think twice :) You may not feel the benefits straight away, but you will further down the line. Keep going, it will be worth it x x x

Last edited:
I think everyone gets affected differently. I found my energy levels were very low before and most of the way thru LT but are much better now post refeed. Before LT I used to eat to 'give me energy' which actually had the opposite effect and I could get my head around it. I did wonder during LT why after constantly losing weight week after week I was unable to enjoy the 'lightness' and energy boost I was expecting as I was so much lighter. It's only become obvious to me now that I have more energy, and it's so nice now to be able to race up the stairs without having to think twice :) You may not feel the benefits straight away, but you will further down the line. Keep going, it will be worth it x x x

Makes perfect sense. Thank you so much for your support, I'll be waiting it out. x

Hiya,

Totay agree with the above! I used to eat because I was tired expecting energy which is not how to retrieve energy, now I either have a cold glass f water and a walk around or a nap :)!

I'm in week 3 at the moment and quite tired often, Nothing that really affects function though, one day at a time :)! X

Hi, yeah i think it may have different effects. i'm only on day 8 but i've felt very energetic and light since day 4. Im not sure if its just the fact that i know im losing the weight so its making me more enthusiastic.

I guess it might make it easier to keep thinking about the weight lost already and being closer to goal, and just in general to be optimistic about it all :) but i understand naturally there will be times where we'll all feel down about it, its ok though, happens whether we're losing weight or not, tis normal :)

goodluck x

Back