Small steps..

emma_30

After loosing over 5st for my wedding in 2013, I'm back after putting almost 5st back on. I'd like to say I don't know how it happened but I do. I took my eye off the ball and let myself slip into old ways. Thats pretty much it.

On New Years Day after eating my huge roast and glugging the rest of the baileys I decided enough was enough and looked at slimming world groups. I started my new group the next day weighing 18st 0.5lb. When I got married I was around 13st 6lb (2.5 years ago) and I was expecting to be in the low 16's so It came as quite a shock. . Chasing those old looses will achieve nothing but making me miserable so I've forgiven myself and drawn a line under it.

I've had 3 further weigh ins with losses of 3.5lb, 3lb and another 3lb yesterday so 9.5lb all together. I'm really pleased and I now only have 5.5lb to go until I am actually in the 16's!

Anyway.... I found my previous brides to be diary very useful so I've decided to start this one. I really, really want (and need!) to get to target this time and I'm hoping this will document my journey there x

Hello Emma,

Wow what an amazing start to your weight loss.
I am also at the same starting weight...We'll thereabouts but I haven't actually weighed myself yet but fully expect to be well into the 18s.
I'm so pleased to see u back to the 16s and hope I can also say sometime soon that I'm in the 16s.

I hope ur having a great weekend and look forward to reading more updates.

Hi and thank you both for your replies. Sorry I haven't responded until now, I'm going to try and update more regularly. My losses haven't been great recently, Ive manged 2lb in 4 weeks which is very frustrating as Ive been on plan pretty much the whole time. Ive had a couple of post weigh in days where ive had treats but always stuck to it the rest of the week. Tangerine, I'm still in the 17s but only 3.5lb away from getting into the next bracket. I can't wait to drop down and I'm really going to push it this week. I'm going to try and up my water intake and reduce my evening carbs see if that helps.

How are you both getting on?

nice to hear your story , I am 26 years old, currently is 150 pounds and want to achieve 120 -125 pound weight.

Back