Small Victories

Just Peachy

Slowly But Surely
Well I thought it'd be motivating to share all of our small victories, i.e. resisting something despite temptation, not buying crap when you want it, doing that extra bit of exercise, making better choices, anything!

I'll start off:

Went to the restaurant last night for a friend's birthday and everyone had either a starter or a dessert.

I got mineral water instead of wine. I also said I'd skip the starter to have the dessert, but then afterwards claimed that I couldn't pick one and if I was this indecisive, I probably didn't really want it.

But I diiiiiiidddd. They had this small chocolate and cherry pot with hazelnut bits crumbled on top and ohhh myyy gooodnnesss.

But I didn't have anything, not even a bite of my friend's profiteroles. :D

Anything you're proud of?

Good thread Peachy!

I am proud of managing not to evening snack most of this week - and I havent missed it!

I am also pround of myself for being able to just say no when I'm not hungry even if its something i really like!

Thank you :)

Oh, resisting snacking is indeed very difficult, as is saying no to just about anything, well done you!

After spending the night in the pub drinking black russians, apple sours and bottles of bud (and smoking cigarettes, which I don't do anymore), when I got to the kebab house for my Garlic bread with cheese and mushrooms I had the incredible willpower to have a diet coke with it!! I'm sure it made all the difference.

On a more serious note I am proud of completing week 1 of c25k last week.

From the chinese take away on Saturday night my fiance and myself ordered a chicken and mushroom and a portion of chips. When it arrived I had about a quater of the chicken and mushroom with no chips!

Dextermummy-well done on finishing your first week of c25k! Keep it up :)

Shelz-that's really impressive, I'm sure I'd pick chips over chicken haha.

Next challenge will be London. We are departing Wednesday about 8.30am - I plan to work out before this. Breakfast wont be an issue as we are at home. Going to try and take lots of stuff with me to avoid eating out. Alpen bars, apples, yogurts and maybe some bran flakes for Thursday morning when I wake.

Going to see the Stereophonics (& Hip Parade) at the O2. Cant wait. Have also never been to London before so I am hoping to do a fair bit of sight seeing the day before the concert and the day afterwards. Hopefully all the walking will be good exercise. If not... I'll be coming home Thursday to do my DVD anyway.

I think my last victory was choosing a salmon salad in a restaurant over the gorgeously calorific pasta carbonara - and really really enjoying every mouthful the salad!!! I'm not a salad person!

Hope you enjoy your trip Shelz - try not to stress too much about the food though - all that walking will definintely work most of it off!

Shelz-I'm sure you'll find ways, plus you can walk to anywhere in London so if anything, it'll compensate! Enjoy the Phonics :)

Sugar-salmon salad sounds really nice, good choice! Although resisting carbonara is a very difficult thing... well done.

Loving this...great idea Peachy.

ummm what have I done lately and am proud of myself for it.

Was all cosy at home last night, curled up to the OH watching Dancing on Ice, when my friend txt's me - Do I want to go for a walk? If I don't go, she won't go and she really needs and wants the exercise...I got up from my couch potato position, from the warmth and went for an hour walk in the freezing cold! I know it did me good, but really didn't want to go!

xx

I'm so jealous of you shelz, have a great time.

I'm proud of myself coz even though I've only lost 11lb, it's been enough for hubby to notice the other day on the webcam. I wanted to lose weight for next time he came home but when he saw me, the first thing he said was, 'have you lost weight, you look thinner.' I hadn't seen him on webcam since christmas eve so I've lost a noticeable amount since then.

Tracey

I've made it to day 8 of my little adventure... on about 500 calories a day, pretty much like Cambridge diet. No slips, no cheats.:innocent0002: Now I just need to do it for another 100 days...

That's really cool Tracey. I'm looking forward to the first person noticing a difference with me - shouldn't be too long.

Dextermummy-well done on finishing your first week of c25k! Keep it up :)

Shelz-that's really impressive, I'm sure I'd pick chips over chicken haha.

what is it about chips? everytime i eat out, which is quite often, i seem to always get chips:( i always say i won't but when it comes to it i always get something that comes with chips:) must be comfort or something.

speaking of eating out does anyone else overeat when out? something to do with getting the most for the money or something?

my small victory was out of my hands really, the doctors put on an indian meal with a lecture one day a week and i had a tiny little meal cos i was late and there was nothing left:(

and hchappyh well done - friends like that are invaluable you'll have to return the favour;)

I think i constantley live everyday with a mini victory. I live on a road full of takeaways. I live above one of them (and its my fav as its a chippy), but I havnt eaten any chips out of it since about October. I go in there to see my landlord only to pay my rent. Im offered free take-a-ways from my neighbours and never take them.

The other mini victory I have is that I can now go out into town on a saturday night and not feel like I have to drink in order to feel confident enough to be in town, dancing with all the drunkereds.

I think i constantley live everyday with a mini victory. I live on a road full of takeaways. I live above one of them (and its my fav as its a chippy), but I havnt eaten any chips out of it since about October. I go in there to see my landlord only to pay my rent. Im offered free take-a-ways from my neighbours and never take them.

Oh my gosh if i was offered free takeaways id crack

I couldn't take them because Im so close to my end goal, and it means so much to me, Im scared of ever going back to the way I was.

Happy-thank you! Well done on going outside in the freezing cold for a walk instead of staying in. It'd be so easy to say no.

Tracey-isn't it lovely when people notice? :)

FAR-resisting chocolate is probably the hardest, I admire you! Penguins :heartpump:

Maia-500 calories a day! Christ that's what I eat in one meal. Keep going, I'm sure you'll see amazing results really soon.

Breadbin-chips are definitely comfort food, the right combination of carbs and fat that we all instinctly crave or something. I always knick at least one from my mates' takeaways... One won't hurt, right? What about ten? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have a big problem with waste, and when I'm eating out, I find it ridiculous to leave anything cos I've paid so much for it (when you think of how much that would've costed you). But now I try to choose more modest plates and generally changing my attitude, asking people if they wanna taste what I'm having, etc.

Indian is my faaaavvourite :p It's a shame/good thing there wasn't any left lol.

Kirsty-I can't believe you've been saying no to those free takeaways! How amazing are you lol. Really well done x

On another note, today it was so beautiful outside that I decided to walk home, which took an hour but I felt really good after :)

Happy-thank you! Well done on going outside in the freezing cold for a walk instead of staying in. It'd be so easy to say no.

Tracey-isn't it lovely when people notice? :)

FAR-resisting chocolate is probably the hardest, I admire you! Penguins :heartpump:

Maia-500 calories a day! Christ that's what I eat in one meal. Keep going, I'm sure you'll see amazing results really soon.

Breadbin-chips are definitely comfort food, the right combination of carbs and fat that we all instinctly crave or something. I always knick at least one from my mates' takeaways... One won't hurt, right? What about ten? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have a big problem with waste, and when I'm eating out, I find it ridiculous to leave anything cos I've paid so much for it (when you think of how much that would've costed you). But now I try to choose more modest plates and generally changing my attitude, asking people if they wanna taste what I'm having, etc.

Indian is my faaaavvourite :p It's a shame/good thing there wasn't any left lol.

Kirsty-I can't believe you've been saying no to those free takeaways! How amazing are you lol. Really well done x

On another note, today it was so beautiful outside that I decided to walk home, which took an hour but I felt really good after :)

had a small victory last night too thanks to my dog. went to visit a friend in hospital with the intention of going for a walk after so i brought the dog and left her in the car. got back to the car after and it was late so was gonna skip the walk but puppy was so excited when i got back to the car i couldn't let her down and had a lovely walk then:)

Back