Smaller plates

BIG BIRDY

Silver Member
Have just been out and bought some fab new dinner plates. They have a large rim and a smaller than normal plate bit where the food goes. :DTheory is that we can't overload the plate..... I had my own smaller plate when I came off LT 18m ago, and it did work as I maintained for ages until the larger plates took over again. This time we are all eating smaller portions. (well I will when off SS!):sigh:

What size are they, and where did you get them? I'm planning on doing this too, but don't want to have my own plate that is different from the others as I don't want to draw too much attention to it!!!

They are Royal Worcester 'Red Peony'. and from House Of Fraser. They've got a 1/2 price sale on at the mo! I chose them cos they have a decorated r1m well over an inch wide, and a mini 'bowl' to catch gravy, but because of that if you overload the plate it will look just like that! Don't cover the rim, and don't make it look like a pasta dish! Well thats my cunning plan anyway!

Thanks for that!

Great idea!!! When I'm allowed to eat again I'll be doing this too. I'm sure that a lot of my problems with weight gain are to do with portion sizes!
Thanks for posting
Tansyx

Have just dished up a chicken curry. Normally hubby has 3 serving spoons of rice. Tonight he only has 1 1/2! The plate looks full! Kids haven't noticed either. This plan just might work!:D

Back