Smaller's 31 day challenge

Smallerme

I have 31 days until my cousin's wedding. I would like to wear the dress I bought for my sister's wedding that was the same time last year and look ok in it. I need to look at my scales and see if it's just the batteries that need replacing. I'd ideally like to lose 21lbs, as I'm starting off bigger again and haven't dieted for a while I think this is probably realistic. I won't be upset with a few lbs less either, I know these things can be a little unpredicatable. I then intend to have the weekend off as it's the wedding and the next day it's a christening, so I have that to look forward to.

So there's my first target. I've been 100% TS today, feeling a little bit chilly tonight and remembered VLCD can do that. I think I may just stick to shakes though I do have some bars if I want a change, when I did it last time I lost more when it was just shakes.

So I'm here, I am doing it and I'm going to be successful in my 31 day challenge.

Good luck hun its definatly do-able ....31 days isnt too much of an intimidating time frame either huh...the lovely weekend you will have will have will keep you motivated x

Into day 2 and I'm feeling very motivated, hanging around the forum a lot as I remember what a good source of support it was last time. I'm having my first shake of the day, having them later works for me as I can then have one at my harder times, after school and evening. Drinking plenty.

The bad news is my scales are completely broken, new battery didn't do a thing. They're a set of good ones too, WW and I'm sad to see they're ruined. Probably my own fault I bet they've been splashed by the kids, they were too near the bath. Trying to decide whether to bother replacing them or go with how the clothes feel. If I replace them I'll be on them morning, noon & night, maybe it's a good thing not to get tied in knots over numbers. I will know when I'm back down to what I was by my waistband. Maybe I should take weekly measurements instead. Right off to get my starting measures.

Waist 49" arghh that's awful
Hips 53"
Boobs 56"
Thigh 28"

My CDC measured me I was SO humiliated .....you know it only gets better!
You are so right about getting tied in knots over numbers , I get weekly weighed with my CDC and they tell you not to get weighed at home but Im so OCD on my scales too every morning without fail ...I love the boost they give me lol
Hope day 2 is kind to ya x

I've been browsing argos for a new pair, lol! Mo-jo it looks like you're doing great, what a wonderful first week loss you've had.

The headache and irritability is upon me. Weds night is not a good night anyway, rainbows & brownies run plus dh has started a new job this week and is finishing later. Means taking all 3 kids with me. I have a shake left still to drink so shouldn't be that bad. I finished the first fifty shades book last night and bought the next so I think I will tuck up with a coffee and read that. Dh can do the late brownies run as he'll be back by then.

Must distract myself from food, the chippy smelt gorgeous on the way home, sigh. Need to look at my body as my fuel source, the nuclear winter I've been storing all this fat for is finally here ;)

Last edited:
Feeling it this afternoon, I wish I could have a nap. I went to bed really early last night but read and didn't go to sleep til about midnight. I woke up for the day at 6am, bleurgh. Pee'd on a ketostix and it was definitely on the change. I know it's not a reliable indicator but felt relieved to see it.

Coffee for breakfast and then I had a bar this morning about 11am as I was on the go. Just having some bouillion which is very needed as I'm feeling chilly. I might stop trying to resist the painkillers and take a couple of paracetamol. May have my shake soon too. Definitely think it's better for me to leave them later. Means I can have something at the girls teatime and around 7ish.

Staying focused on losing the weight. I've been reading tickers for that first months losses to keep me motivated. I need to do this. I went on my friends scales today, my stat reading was always naked, obviously I wasn't naked, I weighed 18 stone on them. It would be good to be in the 16's for the wedding. I may well have lost some water weight already so need to keep that in mind, plus I asked her and they're not the worlds most reliable. So I'll go by how the clothes feel and get myself some new pull me in knickers to help with the extra lumps, lol.

glad the ketosis is kicking in, where do you get the sticks? and what are they called? i read the weight losses for motivation as well but don't think i could manage without weighing my self. xx

I think I got them from ebay or amazon, just called ketostix and there's lots of info on them being a bit of a dubious tool. I bought them last time I was on exante but didn't get too hung up on them.

I am struggling tonight, short tempered and irritable, the headache is still there and I feel famished. Have just finished another boullion, made it with less water so it felt thicker which was nice and having a cup of redbush. Going to watch the hoarding programme and then go up to bed I think. Determined to make my day 3 honk.

Day 4

I really don't remember being this bad tempered ever before with it, I feel like I have raging PMT. What the heck is going on? Had a couple of shakes, a couple of boullions, I have one shake left. Had lots of other fluids so I'm definitely not dehydrated, I'm just plain old ruddy angry.

I guess at least it's the weekend, I have work tomorrow though. I need to shake myself out of this crappy mood asap.

awwe I hope your mood improves soon:)
stick with it it can only get easier xx

Day 5
Busy day at work and then the godawful job of sewing brownie/rainbow badges on for an event tomorrow. Feeling slightly less grumpy today but I'm also feeling hungry. My stomach is growling at me. I had a bar to take to work, though I want to do mostly shakes it's much more practical to take a bar with me. I still have a boullion and a shake left to have for this evening.

Looking forward to a nice day tomorrow, the two big girls are off out which means dh and I get time together with miss small who's only 3, that doesn't happen very often. Looking forward to outnumbering her for a change.

Feeling a bit tired so I might just spend the evening with my kindle, dh wants to watch football anyway. He's upstairs at the moment trying to fix the scales. It's a broken wire but we don't have a soldering iron so I'm pretty doubtful he'll be able to. It's keeping me away from obsessing on them.

I like seeing your signature there Sue, my aim is to lose 21lb during the 31 days and I am at about the same starting point, around 18 stone something. It makes me hopeful.

Had an awful day yesterday, day 6, I was out from 8am to 8pm and I felt really ill and shakey for the vast majority of it. My bar did nothing to help, ended up having 2 biggest loser snack bars on top of that. Had no shakes and bought some chicken tikka, still felt rotten. Had some almonds, olives and chorizo and 2 babybels. Holding myself accountable for the crap day.

Back to the grindstone this morning, just had my first shake. Going to aim for another 100% day for day 7. I can do this, it's not for a huge time period, just need to keep focused and not take slipping up as a green light to ditch the diet.

Day 7 and I'm feeling much better than yesterday. I've been for most of the day on my own, busy studying. I've had plenty to drink and had 2 shakes so far. Determined to get my 100% honk. Trying not to drink too much coffee and have more water instead. I wonder if part of it yesterday was too much caffeine. Made the girls chicken pie, mash & veg which smelt divine but I didn't touch. I need this boost to get my head back where it was last year when I lost a lot of weight. I need to keep it going for longer. After the wedding weekend I plan on calorie counting with MFP. 25 days to go, I miscounted the days, lol. My jeans already feel looser. I am determined to get back to feeling comfortable in the clothes I bought in smaller sizes. I am not buying bigger ones and not swapping my work uniform back for a bigger size either. My only option is to stick with it. I know it'll get better and I know I have the willpower to make it work for me.

Just had a sneaky measure, I've lost 2" from my waist already, that feels good.

Back